Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Was a thread about Lipa deleted?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 9:18 am
I was looking for others' opinions on posts in that thread, and think the whole thread is gone. I can't remember the title. There is now a thread called "Lipa Concert", but I think there were other(s).

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 10:25 am
look right below this post...it has 151 replies - you mean that one?

flowerpower

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 11:25 am
yes, I think it was a few days ago

gonewiththewind

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 1:41 pm
There was a thread called "would more lipa concerts cause more straying" that completely disappeared. If only our enemies could be wiped out so fully and quickly.
Most people there believed that more of his concerts would bring klal yisroel to greater and greater heights and restore everyone's faith in Hashem and his torah.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 1:48 pm
miriamf wrote:
There was a thread called "would more lipa concerts cause more straying" that completely disappeared. If only our enemies could be wiped out so fully and quickly.
Most people there believed that more of his concerts would bring klal yisroel to greater and greater heights and restore everyone's faith in Hashem and his torah.
And some of us found the strange and uncontrollable urge to remove our brassieres and toss them at someone.

gonewiththewind

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 1:55 pm
amother wrote:
And some of us found the strange and uncontrollable urge to remove our brassieres and toss them at someone.

Shame it got cancelled then, the lingerie stores could use the extra business, the Rabbonim should think of the small business owners before doing these things.
The bra thing is unlikey, as people sometimes jump up and down at these concerts, and if you are well enowed enough to show you bra in public, jumping is uncomfortable without a bra. Atleast that's how it seemed to me at the last concert I was at.

Maya

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 2:00 pm
miriamf wrote:
amother wrote:

Shame it got cancelled then, the lingerie stores could use the extra business, the Rabbonim should think of the small business owners before doing these things.
The bra thing is unlikey, as people sometimes jump up and down at these concerts, and if you are well enowed enough to show you bra in public, jumping is uncomfortable without a bra. Atleast that's how it seemed to me at the last concert I was at.

Great post, both of you! At least some ladies around here are still showing their humorous sides.

shalhevet

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 2:01 pm
Well, could a mod at least find my last post on that thread (I think it was the last post before it disappeared). I would really like to start a new thread with it (which will clearly be a lot less successful than my last new thread Tongue Out , but the message was very important and I really don't want to have to type it out again).

Mevater

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 2:05 pm
I missed it, can you summarize?

gonewiththewind

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 3:59 pm
You kiddin' Shalhavet? That was probably one of the posts they wanted to delete the most.

gryp

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 9:12 pm

Yakira

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 10:35 pm
New York Times article. What a chillul Hashem Sad.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 05 2008, 4:41 pm

Mrs. XYZ

Post Wed, Mar 05 2008, 5:30 pm
shalhevet wrote:
Well, could a mod at least find my last post on that thread (I think it was the last post before it disappeared). I would really like to start a new thread with it (which will clearly be a lot less successful than my last new thread Tongue Out , but the message was very important and I really don't want to have to type it out again).

Yes, shalhevet, I read it and responded. Thumbs Up It was so appropriate.

Mevater

Post Wed, Mar 05 2008, 5:50 pm
GR wrote:
"What they said was that it was a request from Rav Elyashiv and Rav Steinman. I didn't confirm that." Asked if it is unusual for distinguished rabbonim to sign a kol korei on the say-so of one person, Rabbi Kamenetzky was candid:

"Usually we meet together. This time, with time pressing, we did not get together. And maybe it was not the right thing." ...
[/quote]Was this quote accurate or not? If it was, it took a lot of strength to admit it.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 05 2008, 6:22 pm
according to today's hamodia, Rav Kamenestky was regretting that there was not time to meet, but...."Rav Kamenetsky stated unequivocally that he was in no way manipulated and that the sentiment of the ban reflected his intention entirely."

gryp

Post Wed, Mar 05 2008, 8:15 pm
I'm just pointing out that there is a reason why people are asking questions, and questions don't automatically mean chutzpah.
There is no reason to exclaim "How dare you!?!" when a person has a simple honest question.

All this back and forth of what someone said or didn't say only adds to all the confusion.

shalhevet

Post Thu, Mar 06 2008, 2:11 am
Thank you to the mod who was meshiva aveida on my post. Wink

I have started a new thread with it in the Purim section for anyone interested.

Motek

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 2:35 pm
Quote:
In the wake of the recent Lipa Shmelzer imbroglio, people are looking for public statements—and VIN News is pleased and honored to have had a conversation with the king of Jewish music, R' Mordechai Werydger, shlita, a.k.a. Mordechai Ben David.

MBD was not willing to talk at first, but then broadly shared his own experiences and insights regarding canceling concerts.

R' Mordechai served as the Holy Ribnitzer Rebbe's Zt"l gabbai for appox. 5years. But during those years—when concerts still had mixed seating audiences — he asked his Rebbe many times: "Es pas nisht…", feeling strange serving as a Rebbe's gabbai on the one hand and singing at such concerts at the other. Nevertheless, R' Mordechai reports, the Rebbe never told him to stop but rather always encouraged him to continue with his success.

About 20 years ago, after a draining 10-concert/10-city world tour, MBD felt he didn't have the energy to continue doing concerts, and thus decided to stop performing. But he kept receiving calls. Upon a visit to Israel he mentioned it to the the Lelover Rebbe, Rabbi Moshe Mordche Biderman Zt'L with whom he had a close relationship, of his decision. to which the Rebbe responded, "Who gave you permission to stop? Did you ask anyone? When you get a matana from Hashem, you can't just stop. Continue singing and have great Hatzlocho. "

Ten years ago, before a major concert in Israel for the Zichron Menachem organization, two askanim tried to stop it, even meeting with the Amshinover Rebbe trying to get him to convince MBD not to appear. Nevertheless, the Rebbe told MBD not to stop, and even gave him chizuk to do the concert.

But the most intriguing point is that MBD himself claims that He and Shyea Mendlowirz have introduced the concept of separate seating concerts which didn't exist before. Although some major concerts regularly highlighted by MBD agreed to switch to separate seating as a result, they later reverted to mixed seating with the star's departure from their stage.

Bottom line: On the issue of "Lipagate," R' Mordechai was hesitant to speak, but did say that "it's very sad that a few irresponsible people who call themselves askanim are the ones who go around sedlling lies to the rabbonim about what's going on at concerts when it's not any different than a regular yiddishe simcha with separate seating, and it's a disgrace what they're trying to do to Klal Yisroel," "what a shame that they're busy with this rather than addressing the real issues that are troubling Klal Yisroel" opines MBD.

http://www.vosizneias.com/2008.....links

gryp

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 4:49 pm
Didn't MBD cancel his performance when the KK originally came out in Israel?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics