Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
4 year old misses mommy at school
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 7:09 pm
mom! wrote:
If she is truly happy, it might be she is just doing this for attention. Would you consider telling her something like “if you don’t cry tomorrow, on the way home we’ll stop for ice cream.” It might be the answer.

Crying a whole hour every morning after being dropped off - because she wants attention? Sorry but no!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 7:13 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Crying a whole hour every morning after being dropped off - because she wants attention? Sorry but no!

She goes on the bus, and the crying isnt from being dropped off. Its more that if she misses me, she cries. And I agree, it's not for attention. Not her type.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 9:13 pm
It's seems to me that you are the nice, empathetic, supportive one for her (of course, you are her loving mother) and everyone else is the "cruel world" who doesn't have time or give her any confidence that she will be cared for. She can't self reflect and put into words exactly how she feels about pre-school other than to say wants to be with you.

I used to miss my mother terribly when I was in pre-school. I thought I made the biggest mistake to ask to go to school like my big sister and brother. My longing for being at home didn't stop until 2nd grade. Life was just better at home. Hands down. I knew what to expect at home.

I guess I just matured enough to be able to handle my emotions, my self doubts and tough interactions with other kids. I was kind of a loner and didn't feel like I fit in.

My youngest DD survived pre school by going to school every day with her fluffy little blanket. She had it in her backpack and would take it out for nap time. Most of the time it went back into her bag afterwards. She new it was there and it was a soothing object for her. I really don't see the problem in a child having something like that in 4K. In fact, it seems more common than not. My DD certainly doesn't carry her blanked with her now. She has lots of friends and loves school.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 1:31 am
I know someone who's kid was homesick and cried in nursery. She used long lasting lipstick and kissed her daughters hand before she left for school. The child was able to take along mommy's kiss and have it all day. It actually worked for her.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers