Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why post as Amother?
Previous  1  2

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 5:44 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
I for one always post anon on this site because it’s a free world and I can.
Smile

It’s actually against board rules in many instances to post as amother. M

In general I don’t care though it ruins the feel of the board if everyone is amother. The real problem is when people are bullies under amother such as we saw today.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 5:55 pm
Posting nasty things is not okay. Not as amother, not under your name.

For some reason we get more worked up when it's a (higher level of) anonymous. Why?

Because if they post anonymous they know they're doing the wrong thing? They should know if they're doing it under their name too.

Because we are angry at them and want to discount their opinions on everything else now? To point out the hypocrisy in their statement based on comments on other threads? Because we're getting flak for our statements and feel that they deserve it too? Because we're sure they're a troll?

(If the latter, reporting the post is an effective way of ascertaining that - Yael can manually check who posted what, even under amother.)

Yes, it's nice to get to virtually know people on this site. It used to be a slightly more friendly place and I used to always post under my name. I guess I got older and more cynical, and I almost never post under my name anymore.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 6:10 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Yes, it's nice to get to virtually know people on this site. It used to be a slightly more friendly place and I used to always post under my name. I guess I got older and more cynical, and I almost never post under my name anymore.

This makes me sad. I don't have a problem with people disagreeing with me, as long as we can have a conversation about it, instead of an argument.

Anyone remember Marina? We didn't agree on about 99% of things, but over time I came to really respect her, and I realized that she's a wonderful human being (even though she is a flaming Liberal. Tongue Out ) I was able to look past the politics, or even discuss politics respectfully with her, and even when we absolutely could not see eye to eye, we could love each other as fellow Jews.

That's what I'd like to see more of on this board.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 6:31 pm
I'm private about sharing my corona experience and go anon when I post about it. Why? I'm not sure. But I'm glad anon is an option.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics