Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Which city is good for a teen with high functioning autism?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 7:30 pm
My child is a young teen and after struggling with the school system because he doesn't fit in anywhere (because of his disabilities) we decided to relocate to a city that would be more appropriate for him. We're currently in Midwest USA, but considering Israel. I'm a little hesitant because we dont speak Hebrew. So I'm also curious what other cities (anywhere in the world) would be really good for high functioning special needs teens for long term, like there are programs in place to help the kids through high school, college and getting a job/independent living/whatever else is needed as it comes up. A real community. We're modern orthodox if that helps.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 7:36 pm
Silver spring has Sulam, a really great special Ed inclusion program in the local MO school. They have several high functioning autistic students who do really well there. He’d have to be academically able to handle an intense program though.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 7:47 pm
I would think NY would have the most options.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children