Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
COVID vaccine if you are natural minded?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 10:59 am
You’d have to define what you mean by “natural minded.” If you’re talking about people who only use anti biotics or other pharmaceutical when absolutely necessary to stay alive, have healthy diets (strict about staying away from processed foods, eating mostly Whole Foods , raw fruits and vegetables ), exercise very regularly , birth without using unnecessary interventions, space out, delay vaccines or don’t use them at all. The few people I happen to know that live that lifestyle are not afraid of catching the coronavirus , may or may not wear a mask and even if they wear the mask think it isn’t accomplishing much and some believe it may even be harmful. They are staying far away from the vaccine.
Natural minded as in try to eat healthy and exercise, take pharmaceuticals whenever prescribed , take vaccines on schedule, birth in hospital using intervention (epidural, pitocin...)? These people will give answers that vary.

People that are saying they are natural minded that are running to take this vaccine need to specify in what way they are natural minded and why they are so confident and trusting of a new vaccine , created differently than previously existing vaccines , rushed and not tested as thoroughly as other vaccines (which some natural minded people don’t think are tested enough). What makes you so sure this vaccine is safe for everyone?

Elfrida

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 11:05 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Please share your source for that.

Off the top of my head, I can't quote statistics. But I can tell you of a number of cases of repeat infections whom I have personally worked with as a community health care nurse.

amother
White

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 11:15 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Please share your source for that.

My source is the people I know who got it twice What

smss

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 12:18 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I'm not terribly concerned about anaphylaxis (an allergic reaction) or the fluey feelings that are common to many vaccines. I'm concerned about long-term effects, which are as yet unknown.

Depending on your risk profile for coronavirus altogether, assuming a set of unknown risks for the possibility of reducing your risk for corona can be a prudent decision or a dice roll.

We also still don't know how long any immunity might last, and if it will prevent people from being carriers and spreading it to others.

Vaccines actually clear your body pretty quickly. We know the time frame in which to expect to see adverse events- most of the common side effects will be seen in the first 24-48 hours, anaphylaxis is of course pretty instantaneous. Really really rare events like Guillain-Barre we'd still see by about a month. They followed the study participants for 3 months.

On the other hand, we really DON'T know the potential long term effects of covid. Yes even if you're young. People have experienced lasting neurological, cardiac, lung, and liver damage. There are the "long haulers" experiencing symptoms for months on end with no end in sight.

smss

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 12:19 pm
Elfrida wrote:
Off the top of my head, I can't quote statistics. But I can tell you of a number of cases of repeat infections whom I have personally worked with as a community health care nurse.

Yes I've heard personally from a few different NPs/doctors that they've seen this. Reinfection does seem to be rare, but definitely not out of the question.

amother
White

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 12:24 pm
smss wrote:
Yes I've heard personally from a few different NPs/doctors that they've seen this. Reinfection does seem to be rare, but definitely not out of the question.

Most people have not even been a year out since their first infection. As time goes on it may be increasingly more common.

smss

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 12:26 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
Most people have not even been a year out since their first infection. As time goes on it may be increasingly more common.

Mmm true

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 12:34 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
You’d have to define what you mean by “natural minded.” If you’re talking about people who only use anti biotics or other pharmaceutical when absolutely necessary to stay alive, have healthy diets (strict about staying away from processed foods, eating mostly Whole Foods , raw fruits and vegetables ), exercise very regularly , birth without using unnecessary interventions, space out, delay vaccines or don’t use them at all. The few people I happen to know that live that lifestyle are not afraid of catching the coronavirus , may or may not wear a mask and even if they wear the mask think it isn’t accomplishing much and some believe it may even be harmful. They are staying far away from the vaccine.
Natural minded as in try to eat healthy and exercise, take pharmaceuticals whenever prescribed , take vaccines on schedule, birth in hospital using intervention (epidural, pitocin...)? These people will give answers that vary.

People that are saying they are natural minded that are running to take this vaccine need to specify in what way they are natural minded and why they are so confident and trusting of a new vaccine , created differently than previously existing vaccines , rushed and not tested as thoroughly as other vaccines (which some natural minded people don’t think are tested enough). What makes you so sure this vaccine is safe for everyone?

I agree with this post. I am natural-minded from a natural-minded family. I literally cannot relate to most posts on this thread. My kids were unvaccinated until last year (NYS). I have once in my life given antibiotics to one of my children when said child had cellulitis. We also try to lead a healthy lifestyle - exercise, focus on sufficient sleep, no sugar, minimal white flour, rarely fast food and almost no ready-made products, lots of fruits and veggies, etc. I home birth my babies with a CNM.
There's no way I would give or take this vaccine ever. It was hard enough to give them the rest which are in use for way longer, and even then I was grateful for all the extra ones we got away with by starting so late. I took bloodwork to check their MMR and chickenpox titers instead of giving one more vaccine.
We have no idea if we had Covid or not. We supplemented with zinc and D throughout March and April. We were definitely exposed but did not take covid tests or antibody tests and had no symptoms except one child experienced hair loss.

My other family members (mother, siblings) did have covid with fever, and experienced loss of smell and taste, etc. and did all kinds of natural stuff to get them through it. I'm not even sure what but lots of things like onion with raw honey, humidifiers, garlic, ginger, whatever.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 12:51 pm
This is such a confusing thread. I don’t know anyone whom I would consider natural minded that is going anywhere near this vaccine. Then again, all the natural minded people I know are against all vaccines. To me, natural minded and pro vax is an oxymoron. I understand why people vaccinate, and so have we due to extenuating circumstances, but it’s far from ideal and will never promote true health.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 1:35 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
But if you are at low risk for COVID complications, then the unknown risks of the vaccine vs unknown risks of COVID are a different ratio.

In my opinion this is a very self centered perspective for a person to take. We shouldn't just care about our own personal health risks, rather care about the people around us. If there's a chance I could prevent the very real risk of contracting the virus and potentially infect someone nearby who is high risk, I feel morally responsible to do that. Which is why I practice social distancing and wear a mask. But it's not enough when there's a vaccine that can, and will, literally save lives.
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Another wrinkle: If theoretically a natural case of COVID provides lifetime immunity (as in chicken pox in most cases), and the vaccine provides 6-12 months of immunity, the decision also becomes more complex. It's true we don't know all of these factors yet, but it makes the issue much less black and white.

You're forgetting about mutations.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 2:30 pm
farm wrote:
VCF is a ‘pharmaceutical’ as well.

Oh the hypocrisy! You seriously couldn't find anything else?

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 2:31 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
If you’re natural minded or
Curious about adverse effects, please read this.

https://www.rodefshalom613.org.....safe/

Woah! First post on this is SO interesting. I'm actually shocked!

small bean

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 3:54 pm
I won't take the vaccine because the risks don't outweigh the benefits for a young healthy person. I won't take a flu shot either, for the same reason.

I would have my hisbands grandmother take it as she's been in isolation since march. Any vaccine risk outweighs the covid risk.

You need to weigh the risks with what's known, not speculation.

I am a mostly vaxxer. I don't vaccinate my babies until I'm ready. I don't do flu shots, for all my kids except 1, who has asthma from swine flu.

amother
White

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 4:02 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
This is such a confusing thread. I don’t know anyone whom I would consider natural minded that is going anywhere near this vaccine. Then again, all the natural minded people I know are against all vaccines. To me, natural minded and pro vax is an oxymoron. I understand why people vaccinate, and so have we due to extenuating circumstances, but it’s far from ideal and will never promote true health.

I guess not everyone thinks in such black and white terms.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 4:38 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
If you’re natural minded or
Curious about adverse effects, please read this.

https://www.rodefshalom613.org.....safe/

This is facinating. Everyone should read this. I would like medical professionals to weigh in on this.

I am not natural minded at all and I trust doctors and vaccinated all my kids. However since covid started, I completely lost my faith in the medical world and they keep doing things to undermine my trust. I have zero trust in a vaccine that just came out, is rushed, being pushed so strongly, and had no real studies done. Now I'm starting to lose faith in anything else they say. It's not a good feeling.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 4:58 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Woah! First post on this is SO interesting. I'm actually shocked!

And I'm shocked at the shock. Confused
Like what else is new - this is Pharma has been operating for the last 50 years, and I'm glad other people are getting a glimpse of it at least now.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 5:04 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
I guess not everyone thinks in such black and white terms.
I guess I am very black and white in my beliefs about vaccines. I have given vaccines and will consider giving and taking them in the future, but it will never be because I believe they promote real health. You will always be trading one set of issues for another. Ditto for all other pharmaceuticals. They have been life saving for various close family members in various capacities but I refuse to delude myself into thinking they are giving us real health.

It’s like asking do natural minded people eat sugar. I’m sure plenty do, because in our world it’s impossibly difficult to swear off it entirely, but to say that it’s a valuable part of a natural lifestyle? That just doesn’t make sense.

amother
White

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 5:47 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
I guess I am very black and white in my beliefs about vaccines. I have given vaccines and will consider giving and taking them in the future, but it will never be because I believe they promote real health. You will always be trading one set of issues for another. Ditto for all other pharmaceuticals. They have been life saving for various close family members in various capacities but I refuse to delude myself into thinking they are giving us real health.

It’s like asking do natural minded people eat sugar. I’m sure plenty do, because in our world it’s impossibly difficult to swear off it entirely, but to say that it’s a valuable part of a natural lifestyle? That just doesn’t make sense.

You wrote that all the natural minded people you know are anti vax and that's not the ideal. There are many people who are natural minded, believe it's not the ideal, and still are not anti vax. The same way they believe sugar is not the ideal but they're not anti sugar in all shapes and forms. Again, black and white vs shades of gray.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 6:02 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
You wrote that all the natural minded people you know are anti vax and that's not the ideal. There are many people who are natural minded, believe it's not the ideal, and still are not anti vax. The same way they believe sugar is not the ideal but they're not anti sugar in all shapes and forms. Again, black and white vs shades of gray.

People can be anti-vax and still vaccinate their children for many different reasons (including the belief that in today's days with diseases being what they are due to vaccines, the vaccine is a better option. They still think everyone would be better off without the vaccine and are anti-vax)

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 6:15 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
If you believe something is not ideal then you are anti-against that thing. You can still choose to use it, b’dieved. You are still against it. Natural minded — what’s in your mind, what you think and believe about it. Not what you do in practice because you’re forced to. And that’s as much as I’m going to say on the topic. No need to patronize me with the shades of grey lecture. I’m willing to bet I have been around this block many many more times than you.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics