Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
No - I don't want life to go back to normal
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 10:51 am
I want and need mashiach to come so we can be soooo much closer to Hashem and to each other

The only thing this pandemic did for me was make me realize how sad our lives were before ...and to think that's all some of us want ... makes me feel doomed that you don't see the bigger and better picture

Normal life - it wasn't normal. It was sad and far from Hashem

I dont want mashiach out of fear - nothing to be afraid of here - we have no control
But I need mashiach for our lives and my kids lives and they could have way more than I ever had if Mashiach would just come already and Hashem could be closer than what our simple minds think is "close"

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 10:53 am
Amein! Maybe that's the best thing to come out of this--is for us to truly long for Moshiach and to greet him imminently. Because, truly, everything is out of our control and this all brought it out. We really only have Hashem, and I wish He'd just have rachmanus on us now and allow us to live in a world of 100% revealed good, without the hidden without sheker.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 10:56 am
Now we’re our lives sad before?

Getting together with friends and family isn’t sad
Travel isn’t sad
Having children attend school isn’t sad
Adult going out to work isn’t sad
Not having to rely on government stimulus checks isn’t sad

Which part was sad for you before?

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 11:00 am
Agreed we need Moshiach!

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 11:02 am
We should be very vocal and verbal that we need Moshiach Now! The yidden in Mitzrayim got a yeshua because they were yelling and screaming! that's where yelling and screaming of pain brings something good.

lk1234

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 11:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I want and need mashiach to come so we can be soooo much closer to Hashem and to each other

The only thing this pandemic did for me was make me realize how sad our lives were before ...and to think that's all some of us want ... makes me feel doomed that you don't see the bigger and better picture

I dont want mashiach out of fear - nothing to be afraid of here - we have no control
But I need mashiach for our lives and my kids lives and they could have way more than I ever had if Mashiach would just come already and Hashem could be closer than what our simple minds think is "close"

Interesting post. There were some nice parts of the quarantine such as free food boxes and time with kids. The stimulus checks were a nice side perk but just curious what was sad for you before the pandemic?

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 11:06 am
I think I understand.

My niece is getting married and I went shopping for a dress. I tried on a pretty knee-length dress that was reasonably priced and the saleslady shook her head violently and said, "No, no. You must wear a midi-length. Everyone is wearing midis now!"

And I thought, "Everyone? Midi-length? Who CARES?" I can't believe after all we went through in March, we are back to this meshugas Banging head

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 11:14 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Now we’re our lives sad before?

Getting together with friends and family isn’t sad
Travel isn’t sad
Having children attend school isn’t sad
Adult going out to work isn’t sad
Not having to rely on government stimulus checks isn’t sad

Which part was sad for you before?

Sad compared to what we could have.
Of course even in galus there is what to be happy about and enjoy. Life was good. But I'm also realizing that it was sad and empty. Not sad as in crying. Sad as in a sad comparison to what we could have.

If you never saw a moving vehicle your whole life and someone came and you got into a beat up Ford with things dragging on the floor driving 35 mph you'd think it was the most amazing freaking thing you've ever seen. Thats galus...amazing cuz we don't know better. But imagine a slick Lamborghini driving 100mph that you don't even feel - holy cow! That's mashiach in comparison to the 'sad' beat up ford

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 11:17 am
lk1234 wrote:
Interesting post. There were some nice parts of the quarantine such as free food boxes and time with kids. The stimulus checks were a nice side perk but just curious what was sad for you before the pandemic?

Sad in comparison. Not sad as in horrible life.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 11:42 am
I still don't know what you think is better now. I like the slower pace, and having more family time, but I recognize the real hardships that some families have faced because of corona.

And I'm not sure why you think Moshiach has anything to do with this. Changes.in society don't require Moshiach. They require us to act differently. We can do that on our own.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 11:51 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
I still don't know what you think is better now. I like the slower pace, and having more family time, but I recognize the real hardships that some families have faced because of corona.

And I'm not sure why you think Moshiach has anything to do with this. Changes.in society don't require Moshiach. They require us to act differently. We can do that on our own.

I have no idea what you're talking about. This doesn't relate to anything I said in original post.
I'm just saying that many people want to go "back to normal life" - and im saying no - that life wasn't normal. It was comfortable.

I want and need Mashiach - corona just encouraged me to think that I dont want what was before.

Mashiach isn't now - so nothing is better now either.

Confused by your comment, sorry.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 11:54 am
I think this thread is a little insane. Many people are suffering from depression and isolation. Many other people are in hospitals or have been widowed or orphaned. People have lost jobs. Children’s learning is falling behind. People can’t do the things they enjoyed - travel, socialize, go places. I think it would be great to go back to “normal”.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 11:56 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
I think this thread is a little insane. Many people are suffering from depression and isolation. Many other people are in hospitals or have been widowed or orphaned. People have lost jobs. Children’s learning is falling behind. People can’t do the things they enjoyed - travel, socialize, go places. I think it would be great to go back to “normal”.

But why can't we want more than "normal"
My post is insane cuz I want Mashiach more than life before?

I'm not putting down anyone's suffering at all. The pandemic was/is a horrible thing - I'm just saying we should be davening for more than normal.

I'm sorry if my post came off offensive because in no way am I trying to put down the suffering in the world.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 11:56 am
OP, I understand you.

If we had achdus, we could probably have Moshiach by morning.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 11:57 am
Moshiach would be so much better than the best it has ever been for anyone

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 12:02 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:

This doesn’t contradict what OP is saying. She is yearning we go to Moshiach rather than go back to what we view as normal. People will still be able to enjoy life and go places when Moshiach comes. It will only be better and more enjoyable because we will live in a world of clarity and peace of mind.

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 12:05 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
This doesn’t contradict what OP is saying. She is yearning we go to Moshiach rather than go back to what we view as normal. People will still be able to enjoy life and go places when Moshiach comes. It will only be better and more enjoyable because we will live in a world of clarity and peace of mind.
This!!! Moshiach is a one way ticket into a much better, calmer, more positive, healthier and everything life! That's the life that we don't have now, not pre Corona, not post Corona!

zaq

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 2:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

"

Speak for yourself, sweetie.
Yearn for Mashiach all you like, but please don't diss what we had before. And just because you personally feel sad and far from Hashem doesn't mean that everyone else feels the same.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 2:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have no idea what you're talking about. This doesn't relate to anything I said in original post.
I'm just saying that many people want to go "back to normal life" - and im saying no - that life wasn't normal. It was comfortable.

I want and need Mashiach - corona just encouraged me to think that I dont want what was before.

Mashiach isn't now - so nothing is better now either.

Confused by your comment, sorry.

Just because we didn't have Moshiach doesn't mean that things weren't better than they are now.

Can you explain, in concrete terms, what you think is going to change and how you know that?

Good Friend

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 2:40 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Just because we didn't have Moshiach doesn't mean that things weren't better than they are now.

Can you explain, in concrete terms, what you think is going to change and how you know that?

Why are so many people confused? Of course we want Moshiach to come and it's going to be better! When Moshiach comes the whole world will recognize Hashem as the force behind everything and we will be able to serve Hashem and learn Torah with no distractions from gashmius, pandemics, fighting or anything else! Is there anyone who doesn't want Moshiach to come?!
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics