Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
No - I don't want life to go back to normal
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

DrMom

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 11:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Sad compared to what we could have.
Of course even in galus there is what to be happy about and enjoy. Life was good. But I'm also realizing that it was sad and empty. Not sad as in crying. Sad as in a sad comparison to what we could have.

If you never saw a moving vehicle your whole life and someone came and you got into a beat up Ford with things dragging on the floor driving 35 mph you'd think it was the most amazing freaking thing you've ever seen. Thats galus...amazing cuz we don't know better. But imagine a slick Lamborghini driving 100mph that you don't even feel - holy cow! That's mashiach in comparison to the 'sad' beat up ford

Huh?

Life pre- vs mid-pandemic is like comparing having a beat up Ford to having... a beat up pogo stick. Given those two choices, I'll take the Ford.

At no point did I have that Lamborghini, so why should I miss it?

mandksima

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 11:51 am
I agree entirely and I believe there will be no more going back to our normal everyday lives ever again. That is an amazing thing. No matter how much joy you have had before Covid, there is no comparison to the joy after moshiach and what Hashem has in store for us. It's not just our everyday lives which will be affected but the glory of Hashem for the whole world to see and know and the Beit Hamikdash here so Hashem has his place permanently in our physical reality. Knowing that there won't ever be galut again. One second of basking in Hashem's Divine Light is greater than all the joy anyone has ever felt in the world up until now, even all combined with every generation that ever lived. The change of that alone will be so huge that no one will even recall our lives up until then with any great clarity, it will be like we woke up from a dream. So, understand we are in a dream now. Maybe we are having a grand old time and prefer to stay in this nice alternate existence as it is the best thing we have ever known or perhaps, it is a nightmare for some who wish to wake up soon but either way, we can not fathom what it is like to wake up from our dream and enter an existence Hashem has promised to us for so long. We must raise up our consciousness to wake ourselves out of this dream and realize we are dreaming and acknowledge to our own souls that we want to wake up to the next reality. We need to give up control and say WE ARE READY HASHEM!!! Covid is a great wake up call but if you didn't get woken up by it yet, please hurry!

4g01o

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 11:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have no idea what you're talking about. This doesn't relate to anything I said in original post.
I'm just saying that many people want to go "back to normal life" - and im saying no - that life wasn't normal. It was comfortable.

I want and need Mashiach - corona just encouraged me to think that I dont want what was before.

Mashiach isn't now - so nothing is better now either.

Confused by your comment, sorry.

For now, this is our new normal. I'm in the UK and things are really bad here again. Like in April. Scary but we're used to it now so you have to just get used to it. Not comfortable that we don't want moshiach, we're all desperate for him to come but we're allowed to make the most of our lives in the present otherwise we'd never be happy. We need to concentrate on the good in our lives, pre, during and post corona! It's all the same thing really.

Last edited by 4g01o on Thu, Dec 31 2020, 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 12:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have no idea what you're talking about. This doesn't relate to anything I said in original post.
I'm just saying that many people want to go "back to normal life" - and im saying no - that life wasn't normal. It was comfortable.

I want and need Mashiach - corona just encouraged me to think that I dont want what was before.

Mashiach isn't now - so nothing is better now either.

Confused by your comment, sorry.
But thats not so much about needing or wanting mashiach. Thats more about you, changing your life to what you need and want different to what was before.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 12:54 pm
DrMom wrote:
Huh?

Life pre- vs mid-pandemic is like comparing having a beat up Ford to having... a beat up pogo stick. Given those two choices, I'll take the Ford.

At no point did I have that Lamborghini, so why should I miss it?

You're supposed to yearn for mashiach and whats to come from that even though none of us know what that feels like....
Technically you can't miss something you don't know... but you can definitely yearn for it

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 12:57 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
But thats not so much about needing or wanting mashiach. Thats more about you, changing your life to what you need and want different to what was before.

We are all in this together. I can't say I've changed too much more as I am always working on myself... but I don't see needing or wanting mashiach as a personal thing.

My life was and is great before corona and now Baruch Hashem...

I honestly don't get these comments - who doesn't want mashiach? Kind of scary that people are so content in this world for what it is has to offer as is

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 12:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We are all in this together. I can't say I've changed too much more as I am always working on myself... but I don't see needing or wanting mashiach as a personal thing.

My life was and is great before corona and now Baruch Hashem...

I honestly don't get these comments - who doesn't want mashiach? Kind of scary that people are so content in this world for what it is has to offer as is
My point was not about not wanting mashiach. It was about the fact that if you like life better now than before covid, make it happen, thats all.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 12:59 pm
Good Friend wrote:
Why are so many people confused? Of course we want Moshiach to come and it's going to be better! When Moshiach comes the whole world will recognize Hashem as the force behind everything and we will be able to serve Hashem and learn Torah with no distractions from gashmius, pandemics, fighting or anything else! Is there anyone who doesn't want Moshiach to come?!

10000% its kind of scary how people aren't yearning for mashiach... I didn't realize it was normal to be soooo content in the world the way it is now(pre-covid) - without mashiach TMI

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 1:01 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
My point was not about not wanting mashiach. It was about the fact that if you like life better now than before covid, make it happen, thats all.

1. We are all in this together. Mashiach comes from all of us doing this together. I am trying to do my part

2. I never ever said I like life better now.... I just don't want to settle for pre-corona life anymore. I want more. I want mashiach

When did I say life is better now - in no sense of life is this a better life. But pre-corona is also missing a lot.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 1:04 pm
zaq wrote:
Speak for yourself, sweetie.
Yearn for Mashiach all you like, but please don't diss what we had before. And just because you personally feel sad and far from Hashem doesn't mean that everyone else feels the same.

But truth is we are very far from Hashem. Thats what galus is and the more years in it the farther we are. I have a relationship with Hashem - but its so small compared to what it would be like if Mashiach is here

That's not anything to fight about. Its facts. Mashiach = closeness to Hashem in which we cannot obtain in galus

And I said life before was good. Life is great and has lots of positive things. But again, having the beis hamikdash and Hashem so close would automatically equal a fsr better life

I love life and always loved life.

DrMom

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 1:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
1. We are all in this together. Mashiach comes from all of us doing this together. I am trying to do my part

2. I never ever said I like life better now.... I just don't want to settle for pre-corona life anymore. I want more. I want mashiach

When did I say life is better now - in no sense of life is this a better life. But pre-corona is also missing a lot.

We're talking at cross-purposes.

We all want Moshiach (I think).

But until he gets here, I'd rather my life be closer to the pre-pandemic situation than the mid-pandemic situation. Do you concur?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 1:27 pm
DrMom wrote:
We're talking at cross-purposes.

We all want Moshiach (I think).

But until he gets here, I'd rather my life be closer to the pre-pandemic situation than the mid-pandemic situation. Do you concur?

Doesn't sound like we all want Mashiach to the full extent.

Honestly, I don't think it matters anymore life pre and post corona - it isn't Mashiach. Life is just easier before but I dont want to settle either way. I mean I can say in balancing before and now that yes it was nicer before - but again that has 0000 to do with my post at all. Pre-corona isn't optimal life. And my main point in this thread is to say. We shouldn't be fighting for 'normal life' we should be fighting for Mashiach and the Beis Hamikdash

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 1:43 pm
We all are supposed to want Mashiach. And to believe Mashiach is coming any day.

However, there are so many conflicting sources what will actually happen when Mashiach comes.
All we know for certainty is that the whole world will recognize Hashem.
Not every source says all pain will end in the beginning years of Mashiach. It's not certain that no one will struggle with parnassa, Chinuch, etc.
The kids will still go to school.
So it makes me very uncomfortable when people make fairy tales of what will happen and create yemei Hamashiach as all will be good.
It's very clear that Rabbanim did NOT want to be around for that.

Really we should want Mashiach for Hashem so everyone should recognize Him.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 1:53 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
We all are supposed to want Mashiach. And to believe Mashiach is coming any day.

However, there are so many conflicting sources what will actually happen when Mashiach comes.
All we know for certainty is that the whole world will recognize Hashem.
Not every source says all pain will end in the beginning years of Mashiach. It's not certain that no one will struggle with parnassa, Chinuch, etc.
The kids will still go to school.
So it makes me very uncomfortable when people make fairy tales of what will happen and create yemei Hamashiach as all will be good.
It's very clear that Rabbanim did NOT want to be around for that.

Really we should want Mashiach for Hashem so everyone should recognize Him.

Again I only said I want to feel close to Hashem and He will be recognized by everyone and all

Also the idea of suffering may change in how its viewed... yes in ways life goes on in similar ways to now - work, school, money etc. But life will still be better. Having Hashem close is still better. We can have all the suffering and goodness with Hashem being distant or we can have it all with Hashem being so so close. I'd choose the so so close.

funkyfrummom

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 3:37 pm
I want and need Moshiach now-- mamish now!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 5:41 pm
Good Friend wrote:
Why are so many people confused? Of course we want Moshiach to come and it's going to be better! When Moshiach comes the whole world will recognize Hashem as the force behind everything and we will be able to serve Hashem and learn Torah with no distractions from gashmius, pandemics, fighting or anything else! Is there anyone who doesn't want Moshiach to come?!

The confusion is because OP is mixing up two different things.

1. We desperately want mashiach
2. We want the suffering of Covid to end.

The two are not mutually exclusive, and they're not supposed to be. We are meant to daven for Hashem to save us WHILE IN GALUS as well. It's not a Torah concept to not want suffering to end just because it will be even better when mashiach comes.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 5:53 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
The confusion is because OP is mixing up two different things.

1. We desperately want mashiach
2. We want the suffering of Covid to end.

The two are not mutually exclusive, and they're not supposed to be. We are meant to daven for Hashem to save us WHILE IN GALUS as well. It's not a Torah concept to not want suffering to end just because it will be even better when mashiach comes.

I dont think I'm mixing 2 things.
I was saying covid only made me realize even more what we were missing before. I don't see how those things cannot be connected in that way. "Normal" life is just a content life to me and like I said above - I'm wanting way more than the previous content life

But yes, 100000% we should asking for Hashem to save us from the sufferings we have now - as well as asking for Mashiach.

sabertooth

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 6:01 pm
Ok so we don’t have to be miserable in order to want moshiach. Always wanted Hashem to send him, always will wait for him. It’s up to Hashem to decide when to send moshiach.
And me being happy or sad in my life- that’s a whole different avodah. I try to be positive in every situation and see the bright side- all while saying achake lo bchol yom...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 6:15 pm
sabertooth wrote:
Ok so we don’t have to be miserable in order to want moshiach. Always wanted Hashem to send him, always will wait for him. It’s up to Hashem to decide when to send moshiach.
And me being happy or sad in my life- that’s a whole different avodah. I try to be positive in every situation and see the bright side- all while saying achake lo bchol yom...

Agree. Life is great life is enjoyable and pleasurable - so much potential. When I said sad life I didn't mean a horrible life. Its sad in comparison to what it could be with Mashiach.

sushilover

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 6:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I honestly don't get these comments - who doesn't want mashiach?

This thread kind of reminds me of this Peanuts cartoon:

OP says something pretty basic- she is pointing out that she is not willing to settle for life pre-Covid. She wants so much more than that. Anyone arguing with that is either misreading her OP or looking for a fight.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics