Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Help me find a weight loss solution
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 1:30 pm
I’m trying to lose weight from 2 back to back pregnancies. I have 40-50 lbs. I had 30-40 lbs left then in the last 3 weeks I gained nearly 10 lbs. I have done nothing differently. Ate nothing differently. I must lose this weight by spring/summer. Any ideas? I live in Boro park. I’m willing to see a Nutritinist but want reliable. Not one that will sell me things or one that will have me eat a lot of fake foods (sugars, low fat cookie..)

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 2:28 pm
Old fashioned calorie counting and making healthy and low carb choices is whats worked for me

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 2:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m trying to lose weight from 2 back to back pregnancies. I have 40-50 lbs. I had 30-40 lbs left then in the last 3 weeks I gained nearly 10 lbs. I have done nothing differently. Ate nothing differently. I must lose this weight by spring/summer. Any ideas? I live in Boro park. I’m willing to see a Nutritinist but want reliable. Not one that will sell me things or one that will have me eat a lot of fake foods (sugars, low fat cookie..)

Please listen to what I have to say. The following is the only thing that helped me lost a large amount of weight (approx 60 lbs) by making me always feel full, satisfied, no cravings and no hunger! It will work for you too. Of course, any exercise you add will boost the weight loss and make it happen faster.
Eat only proteins (any kind you want), healthy fats (avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, etc) and vegetables, but no bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, etc., no sugar.
It’s like a miracle, it’s the carbs and sugar that cause hunger and cravings, and this diet eliminates all the hunger!

caffeine99

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 2:32 pm
A couple of things to note. Make sure you don't go into starvation mode. If you have large gaps in eating, most will go to storage and you gain.

I try to eat every 3.5 hours and good healthy filling meals.

Another thing is there might be an underlying condition you're not aware of.

If you PM me I can give you the name of someone who can probably help you safely and quickly.

ces

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 2:34 pm
I ate in a calorie deficit with balanced macros (carbs/protein/fats) and mostly healthy choices. I found some general daily menus that worked well for me and pretty much ate the same thing most days. I also tried to drink 8 cups of water a day.

I work out 30-60 minutes daily, some strength and some cardio, but I find that less important than diet. It does help speed the process along.

Debbig

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 2:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Gaining 10 lbs in 3 weeks with no dietary changes is definitely cause for concern. I would say got to your dr & have them do blood work to see if there’s something happening causing the weight gain.

If there’s nothing going on maybe try to add exercise to your day & see if that help.

I lost & kept off 60 lbs. it’s very hard but doable. Feel free to pm me.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 2:39 pm
Maybe try weight watchers. They changed the program up and there are different options of which program will be best. I decided to give it a 3 month trial before I spend a lot on a nutritionist. So far I lost at least 7 pounds in 3.5 weeks. It encourages healthy proteins, vegetables, fruit, drinking water, and other healthy food choices. I am nursing and kept convincing myself how starving I am. It is working. Slow and steady wins the race. It's hard. It tough. Good luck. It's not easy .

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 2:41 pm
Gaining 10 lbs in 3 weeks with no dietary changes is definitely cause for concern. I would say got to your dr & have them do blood work to see if there’s something happening causing the weight gain.

If there’s nothing going on maybe try to add exercise to your day & see if that help.

What diet did you do? How long to lose 60 pounds?

Debbig

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 3:01 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:

What diet did you do? How long to lose 60 pounds?

I didn’t do a diet. I changed my lifestyle. It took about 18 months to loose the weight.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 3:59 pm
Even if you don't change anything in your diet, you can still lose weight nicely just by drinking lots of (freshly squeezed) lemon water throughout the day. It's a great detox and helps with weight loss.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 4:11 pm
I’m def gonna try no carbs and sugar. Does that include Splenda? What about dairy? Is that terrible for losing weight? I drink a lot of coffee with Splenda now
And I can go the entire day without eating then have dinner. Or go without anything till the next day. I have little kids and big kids. So I’m busy 24/7. Never rlly get a break. I kno I kno I need it. But with zoom school every second week and COVID stuff it’s kinda hard

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 4:19 pm
I would say switch to Stevia. And try to eat something for breakfast & lunch, even if it's a fruit or a yogurt.

Sometimes your body holds onto weight when it feels malnourished. This means not getting good wholesome nutrient.s

I used to eat three bowls of mac & cheese. Now I really watch my carbs.

Yesterday my tummy was not feeling great. I had 2 1/2 eggs w 1/2 an avocado at 6 pm.

At 7 I had 24 grams (that's half a serving) of brown rice noodles with 2 tsp butter and 1/2 c greek yogurt (w a little stevia, cinnamon & ginger, also 1/2 tsp vanilla).

I felt quite satisfied. Although I told my nutritionist it's really not worth dirtying a pot for such a small serving.

(If I felt better I might have 1 serving rice cake with cheese & some broccoli or mushrooms, toasted. But mostly I don't even have carbs. Unless you count carrots & cauliflower, which my nutritionist says we don't!)

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 4:32 pm
I'm struggling with my weight for quite a while. I need to lose alot. Somebody told me approximately ten weeks ago about a diet called Fast Metabolism Diet by Pomroy which worked wonders for her. I purchased the book on Amazon and it has been a life changer for me. I have already lost over 22 pounds, and am feeling better than I have in years. I am never hungry, and I don't even miss all the sugar and junk..
If you decide to try it I will be more than willing to help you, if you have any questions or concerns.

denise1

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 5:13 pm
I highly highly recommend the book The Metabolic Factor. It helped me lose weight when nothing else worked. My parents saw my amazing results and decided to do it as well. They both lost 35 lbs in 6 months.
In a nutshell, it's like what another poster wrote- no sugar, no carbs, no dairy. Lots of protein and healthy fat.
The book explains exactly how to go about this. Its a total life changer.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 5:20 pm
As another person said, please check with your doctor. A sudden weight change with no recent life style changes could be of concern. Blood work to rule out health issues would be a good idea.

Make sure to be careful about dieting and calorie restriction. Because research shows that in the long term diets generally don’t work.

familyfirst

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 5:27 pm
Please don’t Eliminate an entire food group. Limit but don’t eliminate. Have a serving of dairy. Have healthy carbs- ex brown rice, whole sheet. That way you’ll be able to sustain the weight loss long term.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 5:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m def gonna try no carbs and sugar. Does that include Splenda? What about dairy? Is that terrible for losing weight? I drink a lot of coffee with Splenda now
And I can go the entire day without eating then have dinner. Or go without anything till the next day. I have little kids and big kids. So I’m busy 24/7. Never rlly get a break. I kno I kno I need it. But with zoom school every second week and COVID stuff it’s kinda hard

Splenda is fine, I don’t get that crazy to deprive myself of Splenda.
Dairy is good, you can have cheese, etc.

Please try it, you’ll be amazed. It takes a few days until it takes effect and you get used to it and you will have zero cravings or hunger.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 5:38 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Maybe try weight watchers. They changed the program up and there are different options of which program will be best. I decided to give it a 3 month trial before I spend a lot on a nutritionist. So far I lost at least 7 pounds in 3.5 weeks. It encourages healthy proteins, vegetables, fruit, drinking water, and other healthy food choices. I am nursing and kept convincing myself how starving I am. It is working. Slow and steady wins the race. It's hard. It tough. Good luck. It's not easy .

I tried WW numerous times, it’s tedious, and I always felt deprived. I’d lose a few, and gain more back,

denise1

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 5:56 pm
The metabolic factor is not just a diet. Its a lifestyle. Its completely healthy. Written by a dr. And I have kept the weight off for more than a yr.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 6:05 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Please listen to what I have to say. The following is the only thing that helped me lost a large amount of weight (approx 60 lbs) by making me always feel full, satisfied, no cravings and no hunger! It will work for you too. Of course, any exercise you add will boost the weight loss and make it happen faster.
Eat only proteins (any kind you want), healthy fats (avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, etc) and vegetables, but no bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, etc., no sugar.
It’s like a miracle, it’s the carbs and sugar that cause hunger and cravings, and this diet eliminates all the hunger!

Sounds a lot like oa is that the plan u follow?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise