Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Update on my son
Previous  1  2  3  Next

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 9:20 pm
First throw up was all of a sudden out of the blue he was totally acting normal no fever no nothing
That was Thursday afternoon at approximately 5:40pm in a clothing store

Throw up went away a couple days later it’s been days and honestly the days have been meshing into each other so not exactly when. Maybe
I’ll check the messages between my mother; maybe I told her.

ETA last vomit was last Sunday

Still having that yellow runny diarrhea sorry if I’m ruining your dinner. Sad

I already made a post for a new doctor for my son.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 9:21 pm
So he's been sick for a week already and they tell you to wait another week and see if he gets better. That's dangerous advice.

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 9:22 pm
[quote="amother [ Fuchsia ]"]Not ok.
Did they do stool testing or respiratory viral plan to rule out other gastro causes?

No.

I would check with another doc if at this point- few days into antibiotics- you should stay the course for a minimum of 7 days*.

Refuah sheleima
Amein! Anyone can stop by an office not being a patient there?

*eta you don’t want to cause antibiotics resistance by stopping mid course. AFAIK, Antibiotics are not routinely given to treat strep in children under 2 because they don’t have the risk of rheumatic fever. But if he did start and is still sick then it’s more complicated. Definitely give florastor 2+- hours of antibiotics to build up good bacteria and help for tummy issues.

My husband is giving him probiotics with some dropper syringe thing

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 9:24 pm
Go to PA Rosenfeld. You can even still go tonight. He’s a PA but is super patient and has years of experience and extremely knowledgeable.
You can call him first and ask him what he thinks. He’s really the best.

Let me know if you want me to PM you his number. I don’t know if he gives it out.
He’s in Kensington

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 9:25 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
So he's been sick for a week already and they tell you to wait another week and see if he gets better. That's dangerous advice.

Yeah I’m conflicted but my sons health matters to me not what my friends said about this practice sure it may work for them but waiting a week after being sick for a week just makes me upset
Supposedly it’s the BEST PRACTICE EVER GOOD DOCTORS NICE PPL ETCCCCC

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 9:28 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Go to PA Rosenfeld. You can even still go tonight. He’s a PA but is super patient and has years of experience and extremely knowledgeable.
You can call him first and ask him what he thinks. He’s really the best.

Let me know if you want me to PM you his number. I don’t know if he gives it out.
He’s in Kensington

Yes please! With the address too, if that’s okay.

DREAMING

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 9:51 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Yeah he did but dunno why. I keep thinking stomach virus so I’m pretty much giving him chopped fruit (bananas, apples) plain pasta, toast, rice cakes..

I’m thinking getting a second opinion but idk where to go. I didn’t grow up in bp.

Stop the fruit.

If it’s a virus it can last more than a week

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Dec 30 2020, 11:25 pm
Did your son have the rotavirus vaccine? My family member’s baby just had rotavirus and that can last a long time. Main thing is to keep him hydrated.

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 10:45 am
By now I’m just about worried sick.
I don’t know if I’m overreacting or terrified or whatever but the diarrhea is still going on. Again we’ve been giving him toast, rice cakes, plain cooked pasta, and yogurt!
He’s acting himself like usual so that eases me a bit

I’ll check his vaccines now

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 10:51 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
By now I’m just about worried sick.
I don’t know if I’m overreacting or terrified or whatever but the diarrhea is still going on. Again we’ve been giving him toast, rice cakes, plain cooked pasta, and yogurt!
He’s acting himself like usual so that eases me a bit

I’ll check his vaccines now

Give him toast and rice, skip the yogurt, dairy isn't so good for diarrhea.

Keep calm he will be fine, Most likely a passing virus.

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 10:55 am
But for like 6+ days going into 7? My mum says yogurt has probiotics...that’s why we wanted to try it out
My husband gives him honey cookies but I don’t know if nosh is good for that kinda thing

yidishmamma

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 10:58 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Yeah he did but dunno why. I keep thinking stomach virus so I’m pretty much giving him chopped fruit (bananas, apples) plain pasta, toast, rice cakes..

I’m thinking getting a second opinion but idk where to go. I didn’t grow up in bp.

I know this might sound funny but my kids get diarrhea from bananas and not the opposite . Took me time to figure that out but when I told my mother in law she said my husband was that way too.
Just a thought and refua shalima to your son!

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 11:02 am
Viruses can often take a while.
My oldest had a virus once. Took abt 3 weeks. But by then she was dehyderated. Needed iv fluids. Then finally she started feeling better.
My 7 year old was home now for a week w croup.
Now that she's finally in school. 6 year old is home. Lol. I'm terrified of my by 19 mo catching it. The croup cough in babies scares the cr@p outta me.

Give him what he wants to eat. What's really important is that he should stay hyderated. It'll pass.

QueensMama

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 11:12 am
I remember also getting panicky when my first child had a virus that lingered a week. If he's acting normal, relax. Keep giving him light on the belly foods like crackers. I'd skip dairy. He'll be fine.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 11:28 am
I had similar experience years ago when my dd was 18 months. It lasted for over a month. Not the fever but diarrhea and vomiting. Dr was no help. I called a dr I used to use but stopped because he was far and he told me no dairy to be given even if symptoms improve. No raw fruits. No sugar.

I gave also very dark black tea it has tannins to kill infections and dry up stool. Another tea that works ( which I didn’t know about until later is) is raspberry tea leaf but make sure he is not allergic to raspberry. Give him Rice and mashed potatoes without any oil.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 11:48 am
Refuah Sheleimah.

Don't do yogurt.
If you want probiotics, do them separately. You can buy them. They are called something like culterelle(?)

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 11:51 am
If you are willing to go to Kensignton I highly recommend Dr. Norowitz.
We come in from Staten Island for his care (we used to live in BP)
He has years of experience, is patient, knowledgeable and thorough. He has office hours as well as urgent care after hours every night 930-1030. He has a beeper you can leave message and he calls you back to discuss. He truly cares.
522 E 9th St, Brooklyn, NY 11218
718 435 5009 office number
If you join his practice, ask for the beeper number for emergencies

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 12:04 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Refuah Sheleimah.

Don't do yogurt.
If you want probiotics, do them separately. You can buy them. They are called something like culterelle(?)

This. But give Florastor. It has the right strains to help with diarrhea.
It's chalav stam so ask your rav. But mine said its (satmar chassiddish dayan)

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 2:02 pm
I'm from BP, not gonna start DR shaming here but Dr Adler Group, Dr Diamond Group, Dr Roth Group and even Bulmash group are all run clinic like. They have some nice Drs and some very incompetent ones. It wasn't until we had an extreme medical crisis that I cared about which office I was at.

This is BP. You wont really get the one on one out of town care from any pediatrician there. I was blessed enough to get into Dr Susan Schulman, she is second to none but unfortunately has made aliyah and closed her practice. her associate audrey joined Ezra Medical, is there any way you could try to squeeze your way in there?

She will listen to YOU, care for YOUR CHILD.

Frankly in all places listed above and obviously all PAs as well you are just a number and you have to be your childs advocate.

Now, have you explored the idea of the possibility that your child mightve swallowed a foreign object?? did you go for sonogram of his/her tummy?

Good luck and sorry that you feel alone here in BP

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 2:04 pm
Dr Rosenfeld is not a Dr, PAs arent Drs. You need a MEDICAL DR to give his/her opinion here
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics