Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Using leftover apple pie filling/cherry pie filling

tweety1

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 3:54 pm
I have leftover apple pie filling/cherry pie filling combined I used for turnovers. I was thinking of making a strudel type of thing but I have no recipes. Can anybody help me out here?

cholentfan1

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 4:32 pm
Last time I had leftover I pulled out a graham pie crust and poured in the rest of the filling. I added some real slices of apples as otherwise I find it can be too sickly.
Or if you have puff pastry to make mini turnovers. Last time I did it, I used big cookie cutters to make stars etc and put a small dollop of filling in the centre. Looked really cute and my kids loved it.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 5:42 pm
Line a round pan with crumble, add pie filling, top with more crumble and bake at 375 for 1 hour.

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 6:02 pm
Core apples and fill it with the Cherry pie filling. Bake till it’s soft.

tigerwife

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 7:45 pm
I mix it into apple or pear crumble.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 7:52 pm
Mix it into plain yogurt or cottage cheese.

Add to smoothies (but count it as a sugar).

Chayalle

Post Thu, Dec 31 2020, 9:20 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Line a round pan with crumble, add pie filling, top with more crumble and bake at 375 for 1 hour.

Do this, but with the pie filling, take a few apples, peel, core, and dice them really small (I use a chopper to do this) before pouring them onto the crumbs, and then top with crumble.

Yum.

tweety1

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 7:46 am
For those of you saying to add apples, it's apple pie mixed together with cherry pie filling. I used it to make apple/cherry turnovers-small ones.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 9:25 am
If you have enough left, maybe you can use it in a dump cake. Or augment as suggested.

tweety1

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 9:44 am
PinkFridge wrote:
If you have enough left, maybe you can use it in a dump cake. Or augment as suggested.

What's a dump cake?

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 10:55 am
tweety1 wrote:
What's a dump cake?

https://www.thecountrycook.net.....cake/

There are many variations out there.

tweety1

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 2:30 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
https://www.thecountrycook.net/cherry-dump-cake/

There are many variations out there.

Tnx so much. I look into some recipes.

cholentfan1

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 1:24 pm
tweety1 wrote:
For those of you saying to add apples, it's apple pie mixed together with cherry pie filling. I used it to make apple/cherry turnovers-small ones.

I know you said there's apple pie filling but I find it's soft and a bit sickly, even more so with the cherry pie fillin, so adding real apples gives a pie more substance and makes it more palatable.

tweety1

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 9:43 pm
cholentfan1 wrote:
I know you said there's apple pie filling but I find it's soft and a bit sickly, even more so with the cherry pie fillin, so adding real apples gives a pie more substance and makes it more palatable.

Ok. I get it. Tnx for the advice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes