Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Scared for Moshiach - Hilchos Tumah and Tahara
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 12:29 pm
Hi all.
I hope this doesn’t make me a kofer c”v, but as much as I want the geulah and bi’as hamoshiach, for us to all return to EY and have the Bais Hamikdash and be able to be mekayem all the various mitzvos that are only chal in that circumstance, I’m terrified about hilchos tumah and tahara. Random objects can become tumah and then what happens?? Every blanket a yoledes touches has to be thrown away? Would I be allowed to be in the same house as my DH when niddah? I’m scared. As it is halacha sometimes seems overwhelming. I’m so scared of being chayav who-knows-what when the dinim are so much stricter in the future. Any reassurance would be appreciated! TIA.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 12:36 pm
אין בן דוד בר אלא בהיסח הדעת
Moshiach is going to come unexpectedly.

One opinion to explain this is that Geulah is going to be so incredibly amazing and will surpass FAR BEYOND OUR EXPECTATIONS.

Life as we know it won't drastically change and also will be something else. Only good can be a result of Moshiachs arrival, that's a guaranteed promise.

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 12:37 pm
I also get scared sometimes. What comforts me is the knowledge that with moshiach's coming there will be no more yetzer harah. We will only want to do Hashem's will, and everything will be easier.

On another note. What better way to prepare for moshiach's arrival than by learning the pertinent Halachos. You will have the comfort of knowledge. You will be prepared.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 12:40 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
אין בן דוד בר אלא בהיסח הדעת
Moshiach is going to come unexpectedly.

One opinion to explain this is that Geulah is going to be so incredibly amazing and will surpass FAR BEYOND OUR EXPECTATIONS.

Life as we know it won't drastically change and also will be something else. Only good can be a result of Moshiachs arrival, that's a guaranteed promise.

Thank you for this pshat.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 12:41 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I also get scared sometimes. What comforts me is the knowledge that with moshiach's coming there will be no more yetzer harah. We will only want to do Hashem's will, and everything will be easier.

I guess that could make it easier and less overwhelming when it happens...until then I’m still scared though, and overwhelmed.

On another note. What better way to prepare for moshiach's arrival than by learning the pertinent Halachos. You will have the comfort of knowledge. You will be prepared.

This is what I was doing, I got a newsletter from a local shul and they had a list of hypothetical tumah/ tahara questions. Skimming through it freaked me out. Sad

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 1:24 pm
I thought there was going to be no Tumah when he comes. I was looking forward to no niddah...oh well

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 5:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi all.
I hope this doesn’t make me a kofer c”v, but as much as I want the geulah and bi’as hamoshiach, for us to all return to EY and have the Bais Hamikdash and be able to be mekayem all the various mitzvos that are only chal in that circumstance, I’m terrified about hilchos tumah and tahara. Random objects can become tumah and then what happens?? Every blanket a yoledes touches has to be thrown away? Would I be allowed to be in the same house as my DH when niddah? I’m scared. As it is halacha sometimes seems overwhelming. I’m so scared of being chayav who-knows-what when the dinim are so much stricter in the future. Any reassurance would be appreciated! TIA.

Yeah, learning about all of that took me aback too. But when I asked about it, and how anyone could manage to live their lives, I was told that you weren't expected to be tahor every day. There were just a few times a year that it was expected, so you worked that out, like with Korban Pesach. I think someone once asked how on earth was it going to be helpful that exactly a month after Pesach was Pesach Sheini. Like if you were in niddah the first time, it's likely you'd be in niddah the second time! No idea what women used to do.

Also, we don't cook with earthenware pots and have earthenware ovens, so that's a load off! And you're not a Kohein, so don't stress!

amother
Violet

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 11:30 am

We have absolutely no way of knowing that the coming of Moshiach will eliminate the yetzer hara. Don't set yourself up for disappointment.

I agree with you that learning halacha is a lovely idea.

Chickensoupprof

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 12:39 pm
When Mosiach comes may it be soon in our days, there will not be questions...

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 12:48 pm
OP, do you feel like you have religious OCD in your daily life?

There are frum therapists who can work with you, so that you can serve Hashem from a place of love, instead of fearing eternal damnation and punishment.

We are supposed to be b'simcha, not terrified all the time. Hug

Hashem loves us and wants us to succeed. He does not set us up to fail.

mandksima

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 2:06 pm
When I asked a rav at a talk he gave about the time after moshiach, he was adamant that the para aduma , once sacrificed, would forgive the sin of Chava in its entirety and there would be no more periods, long pregnancies, no pain. The tumah status would also be changed drastically. You don't have anything to worry about and it will only be awesome changes for the good in that regard.

Elfrida

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 2:14 pm
Chickensoupprof wrote:
When Mosiach comes may it be soon in our days, there will not be questions...

Why not?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 6:22 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Yeah, learning about all of that took me aback too. But when I asked about it, and how anyone could manage to live their lives, I was told that you weren't expected to be tahor every day. There were just a few times a year that it was expected, so you worked that out, like with Korban Pesach. I think someone once asked how on earth was it going to be helpful that exactly a month after Pesach was Pesach Sheini. Like if you were in niddah the first time, it's likely you'd be in niddah the second time! No idea what women used to do.

Also, we don't cook with earthenware pots and have earthenware ovens, so that's a load off! And you're not a Kohein, so don't stress!

STBDH is a Kohein though...

And I have the same questions about niddah!

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 6:25 pm
mandksima wrote:
When I asked a rav at a talk he gave about the time after moshiach, he was adamant that the para aduma , once sacrificed, would forgive the sin of Chava in its entirety and there would be no more periods, long pregnancies, no pain. The tumah status would also be changed drastically. You don't have anything to worry about and it will only be awesome changes for the good in that regard.

Halevai. That sounds much more appealing. I guess that answers the question of - what to do if a woman is niddah by Pesach and again by Pesach Sheini - if there’s no periods anymore, that would solve the problem. Did he say if women would still be considered niddos after giving birth, if Chava’s cheit is fully expiated?

If you’re comfortable - would you share the name of the Rav who taught these ideas? TIA!

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 6:29 pm
mandksima wrote:

I learned this too.

If Moshiach doesnt erase the pain and fix the sin of mankind than what exactly Does Moshiach due?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 6:33 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
OP, do you feel like you have religious OCD in your daily life?

There are frum therapists who can work with you, so that you can serve Hashem from a place of love, instead of fearing eternal damnation and punishment.

We are supposed to be b'simcha, not terrified all the time. Hug

Hashem loves us and wants us to succeed. He does not set us up to fail.

I definitely have a history of trauma and a very harsh inner critic, but I’ve been working hard in therapy for several years and have made a lot of progress B”H. I do struggle with the fear that no matter how hard I try, I’m never doing whatever chiyuv well enough. But it’s not nearly as intense an anxiety as it used to be.

The idea that Hashem wants us to succeed sounds nice, but I haven’t come across mekoros, especially in Tanach, that support that idea. There’s a lot of tochacha and not much encouragement. Crying Would love to learn some if anyone has recommendations (nothing “fluffy” or preachy).

PinkFridge

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 9:40 pm

I heard that there will be a yetzer hara but it will be blunted.
I'm assuming that most of us will be in the same boat of needing extensive schooling. I'm sure it will be handled well and we'll catch on, iyH.

amother
Copper

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 9:51 pm
I’m most scared for having to wear separate niddah clothes and walk on the niddah side of the street. As if niddah and mikvah don’t make me consider going off the derech every month as it is.

amother
Slategray

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 11:06 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I’m most scared for having to wear separate niddah clothes and walk on the niddah side of the street. As if niddah and mikvah don’t make me consider going off the derech every month as it is.

Really??
I know about the clothing part but separate side of the street, wow.
Does sound really uncomfortable and degrading.
But maybe society will be so different that we won't even care? I don't know.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 1:08 am
From Sanhedrin 99a:
דאמר שמואל אין בין העולם הזה לימות המשיח אלא שעבוד מלכיות בלבד
Shmuel says: The difference between this world and the messianic era is only with regard to servitude to foreign kingdoms alone, as they will leave Eretz Yisrael.

The Gemara appears to accept Shmuel's position, and the Rambam codifies it lehalacha.

Of course Hashem can do all kinds of miracles, but Moshiach is not necessarily about making our lives pleasant. It's about establishing Hashem's supremacy, and is evidenced by a sovereign state of Israel.

Will the avoda in the Mikdash be reinstated? We've been davening for that. But yeah, my guess is that the average person will try to have as little interaction with the Mikdash as possible, and we'll go about life happily tamei 99 percent of the time.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics