Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
What's the hardest age?
1  2  Next

As a mother, what's the hardest age?
newborn  
 19%  [ 8 ]
infant  
 7%  [ 3 ]
toddler  
 46%  [ 19 ]
preschool  
 12%  [ 5 ]
6-9  
 2%  [ 1 ]
9-12  
 12%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 41

suomynona

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 3:46 pm
In your experience, what's the hardest age kids to raise - before teenagers ?

tovasmom

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 3:51 pm
Teenagers. Otherwise it depends on the child. Smaller children are more physically demanding on the parents. As they get older, they may be much more psychologically and emotionally demanding -- so the difficulty may depend on the particular child's issues.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 4:07 pm
Hands down my answer is newborns. I just cannot function well on thier schedule.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 4:32 pm
2 year olds, when they stop napping and refuse to be toilet trained...

or 1 year olds who cannot communicate with you yet and you have to figure out what they want.

I havent had older kids yet.

mimivan

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 5:48 pm
ages 1 to 2.5...when they are into everything and can't yet understand

mumoo

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 5:54 pm
mimivan wrote:
ages 1 to 2.5...when they are into everything and can't yet understand

over 12...when they are into everything and can't yet understand

kleine kinder, kleine tsuris; groyse kinder, groyse tzuris

Yakira

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 6:09 pm
I'll be honest -- I can't wait until the newborn stage is over.

mimivan

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 6:10 pm
I find wearing a newborn in a sling is a lifesaver...it's when they start walking around and getting into things and climbing that's hard.

Raisin

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 6:19 pm
Yakira wrote:
I'll be honest -- I can't wait until the newborn stage is over.

I can! I love newborns and I know I will miss having one when dd stops being one!

Even when I get woken up at night I can just eat her up.

And I totally agree with Mama Bear - toddlers who are reluctant to toilet train are the most difficult. Mama Bear, if you think you having a hard time with your son, you haven't met mine. He has toilet phobia.

And not to mention - I will get dressed on my own, even if it takes me 20 minutes and we need to be somewhere 10 minutes ago, and I have to have the yarmulka with the trains on, not the alef beis, and etc etc

Yakira

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 6:23 pm
I think my gorgeous precious adorable bracha from Hashem who I love to pieces is on the high-maintenance end of babies. It's just draining to deal with the screaming that seems to be almost non-stop. Physically and emotionally.

I really can't imagine missing that stage, but kol hakavod to you Raisin and the other people I know who just love newborns.

Raisin

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 6:48 pm
Yakira wrote:
I think my gorgeous precious adorable bracha from Hashem who I love to pieces is on the high-maintenance end of babies. It's just draining to deal with the screaming that seems to be almost non-stop. Physically and emotionally.

I really can't imagine missing that stage, but kol hakavod to you Raisin and the other people I know who just love newborns.

Good news - not all newborns are like that! My last baby was colicky. This one is a little kvetcy sometimes, but nothing major. bh bh

jemappelle

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 6:53 pm
I think the toddler age - they get so frustrated when they cant properly communicate (or we cant understand!)

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 7:00 pm
when the hormones start raging ... and they think like pinky & the brain ... I'm going to take over the world ... I think it's at 11 ... I take anyone under that age at anytime over teens ... Twisted Evil Banging head Help Drunken Smile

amother

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 7:10 pm
I have a newborn, toddler, preschooler, a kindergatener, a 7 year old, 9 year old, and a 10 year old. The 10 year old is the most difficult! Yes, the sleepless nights with a newborn are difficult, but that is nothing in comparison to the battles I have with my pre-teen! (My newborn keeps me up, but at least she doesn't talk yet! Very Happy )

mimivan

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 7:18 pm
I thought 4 and 5 would be easier...

but then they go through the pedantic stage of if-you-cut-the-sandwich-in-rectangles-instead-of-triangles-I-won't-eat-it-and-will -whine-and-cry....

Or Do you want oregano on your pizza? (I pick up the jar and show ds so he knows what I am talking about.)
Yes.
I put it on his pizza.
He cries "Not on top of the tomato! Now it's yucky!"

How do people deal with this...it drives me insane!!

red sea

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 7:35 pm
mimivan, shame on you! you havent learned yet that no two different food items may touch or they are impossibly ruined Mad ?! what kind of child were you LOL its on page 405 of the instruction manual that delivers right after the baby. Rolling Laughter

amother

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 7:57 pm
Right now my daughter is preschool age 3-4. She is the most difficult now. I hope it doesn't get any harder than this Rolling Eyes

mimivan

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 8:09 pm
red sea wrote:
mimivan, shame on you! you havent learned yet that no two different food items may touch or they are impossibly ruined Mad ?! what kind of child were you LOL its on page 405 of the instruction manual that delivers right after the baby. Rolling Laughter

Oh, he ripped that book up during his ripping-up-books phase...and I thought that was hard...compared to traumas over microscopic flakes of spices on tomato slices...ripping pages was easy..

Tefila

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 8:40 pm
Quote:
Teenagers.

and 2-3yr olds, they can both be irrational at times Rolling Eyes

Shif

Post Mon, Mar 03 2008, 9:13 pm
I find the newborn/infant stage the most difficult so far (oldest is just over 4). I can deal w/tantrums, I can deal w/mind reading, but I can't deal w/sleepness nights, sleepless days, and the neverending holding of baby (my babies just don't sit and watch life happening..they want to be moving constantly). B"H, B"H, B"H.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics