Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
10 year old headaches - when to be concerned

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 2:32 pm
My daughters been complaining about headaches and feeling dizzy since the beginning of the week.
What could it be??

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 2:34 pm
Make sure she's not dehydrated. Does she have a fever?
Might be a vision issue as well.

Java

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 2:35 pm
food allergy (MSG for example)
flu
caffeine withdrawal
lack of sleep
dehydration

Malkqueen

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 2:35 pm
When DD7 had the same symptoms, pediatrician recommended we check her vision, make sure she's hydrated, and have an ENT check for sinus infection. If all these three are ruled out, then you can look further.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 2:39 pm
Covid?

clowny

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 3:05 pm
My daughter feels this way when she has a strep infection. It can also be she’s dehydrated. With my daughter it got so bad a few weeks ago when she had strep and dehydration, she came out of the shower feeling so sick, weak and dehydrated. We needed to call hatzolah. So make sure she’s drinking enough and if it doesn’t get better take her to the doctor. From my experience it’s possibly a strep.

It’s also possible it’s vision problem.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 3:14 pm
If she's been feeling unwell all week she should definitely see a doctor. It can be many things; she needs an exam.

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 3:25 pm
In my kid it would be strep. Have doc test for flu and covid while you're there. Sinus infection would also do it. And dose up on fluids regardless, add chicken soup and small amounts of Gatorade in addition to water for electrolyte balance.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 3:39 pm
After a few days I go to the pediatrician to rule out infections, and possible blood work.

snowflake1

Post Fri, Jan 01 2021, 4:10 pm
Is she stressed about something? School friends, etc.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 1:34 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
In my kid it would be strep. Have doc test for flu and covid while you're there. Sinus infection would also do it. And dose up on fluids regardless, add chicken soup and small amounts of Gatorade in addition to water for electrolyte balance.

All the medical stuff needs to be ruled out.

Does she have headaches on the weekend too, or just on school days? In DD's case, her headaches and stomach aches were directly due to social anxiety - and it took years to get her diagnosed properly. She's finally on Zoloft, and finishing high school with flying colors.

Her symptoms started around age 9, and if I had been able to get her into proper therapy in time, her anxiety could have been dealt with right away, instead of resorting to medication. It also could have spared her years of misery, meltdowns, and bad grades - not to mention the epic fights we had just trying to get her out the door on time. Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics