Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Bra sizing question

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 8:02 pm
Anyone a bra expert here?? Very Happy Very Happy

I use to be a 34B. I went up a full cup size and waist band size. What size would I be now?
Need to order some nursing bras and totally lost...

lovepinterest

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 8:05 pm
Google how to measure. It’s real easy! There are video how to on you tube as well

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 8:05 pm
lovepinterest wrote:
Google how to measure. It’s real easy! There are video how to on you tube as well

ive been sitting here for like 30 mins trying to figure it out!!
im posting here as a last resort lol

momof2+?

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 8:15 pm
What part is confusing you?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 8:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone a bra expert here?? Very Happy Very Happy

I use to be a 34B. I went up a full cup size and waist band size. What size would I be now?
Need to order some nursing bras and totally lost...

go to a good lingerie store. This is not a place to skimp

amother
Honeydew

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 8:35 pm
The number refers to your chest measurement. So if you measure around your chest, just under your breasts, the number of inches is the number. If you measure 28 inches (if only) then that's the number you need.
The cup size is taken from measuring your breasts, either by leaning forwards and measuring around your body, or by measuring around a bra. This should obviously be measured at the widest point.
Whatever that measurement is, the difference between your band measurement and that, that will be your cup size.
So in my example of the 28 back measurement, if your breasts then measured 32, that's a difference of 4. So count up 4 cup sizes and that is the letter you need. In my example that would be 28D.
But this final number might be different in another country. I'm not in the US so it might be slightly different.
Btw different makes come out slightly differently sized. Also depending on where you are up to nursing wise, your size may still change.
But in answer to your question, I would assume that a 36C might be your size, but that might not be accurate as when you change the back size, the volume of the B cup will increase, so it might not need both.
Personally I would try ordering a couple of bras in the sizes around what you think you might be (from a store with easy returns) and see how they fit.
Hope that made some sense. And good luck.

Frumme

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 8:37 pm
https://www.abrathatfits.org/calculator.php

Here you go! Very Happy

(Also, the "add 4" measurement system is archaic and doesn't work. Trust this calculator!)

amother
Ecru

Post Sat, Jan 02 2021, 8:50 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
go to a good lingerie store. This is not a place to skimp
this
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics