Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Considering leaving NY - where to?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

If you left of might leave NY, where to?
Israel  
 29%  [ 28 ]
Florida  
 39%  [ 37 ]
Other US state (please comment which)  
 23%  [ 22 ]
Other (please comment where)  
 7%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 94

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 5:34 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Confused, did Hashem promise Avraham Avinu that his descendants would inherit the United States of America?

Israel as it is now is not what was promised to Avraham and his children. Just saying.

DrMom

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 5:36 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
My friend from LA literally jokes about how horrible the weather is and only someone who hasn't lived there would say it's good.

Tell your friend that I lived in LA County for 5 years and loved the weather.

DrMom

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 5:40 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
Israel as it is now is not what was promised to Avraham and his children. Just saying.

Do you think it is only worthy to come to E"Y when it is all prepared the way you like it... by someone else?

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 6:23 am
DrMom wrote:
Do you think it is only worthy to come to E"Y when it is all prepared the way you like it... by someone else?

I never said that. All I said was that “God promised it to us” is a poor argument, because the way it is now is not what was promised. That’s it. Didn’t say anything about whether or not it’s “worthy” to go to Israel.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 6:38 am
I live in jacksonville, fl.
Shul, school, mikvah, kosher food. If anyone wants more info please PM me Smile

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 6:55 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
I live in jacksonville, fl.
Shul, school, mikvah, kosher food. If anyone wants more info please PM me Smile

I’d love to know more about Jacksonville, but you are anonymous....

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 7:18 am
Ema of 4 wrote:

Indeed. No Canaanites practicing child sacrifice these days.

No generation of Jews ever had it so easy to come to Israel. I understand that it's not going to work for everyone, but if you are considering uprooting your family, then the land where Hashem wants us to live ought to at least make the list.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 7:20 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Indeed. No Canaanites practicing child sacrifice these days.

No generation of Jews ever had it so easy to come to Israel. I understand that it's not going to work for everyone, but if you are considering uprooting your family, then the land where Hashem wants us to live ought to at least make the list.

I didn’t say I disagree

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 1:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Israel imas, how do you manage day to day stresses with kids schools and language barriers? Shopping trips feel like they’d be so much more stressful there too, especially if living in a large apartment building vs house with private driveway. Yes I’m spoiled, I know, but I’m honest and I want to get my mind around the practicalities of life there.
How do people manage day to day stresses anywhere? We manage. There are stresses in life no matter where one lives. Stress is not unique to Israel Smile
Why would shopping trips be more stressful? And if you dont have a car or you live in a building, you either do delivery or get one of those big bubbie carts (metal carriages just for shopping) and youll be fine.
People live herein Israel just like they live any other place.

mirror

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 9:29 pm
I read that California has the highest taxes of any state, I think 13%. I am not an accountant, but I read that's one of the reasons a person would choose Florida.

tichellady

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 10:06 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
My friend from LA literally jokes about how horrible the weather is and only someone who hasn't lived there would say it's good.

That is just bizarre. Everyone I know who leaves LA misses the weather terribly. LA has its issues but weather is not on the list

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 10:22 pm
mirror wrote:
I read that California has the highest taxes of any state, I think 13%. I am not an accountant, but I read that's one of the reasons a person would choose Florida.

Florida has no income tax, which is very enticing for people who make a good income.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating