Home

Baltimore neighborhoods/summit park

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Mon, Jan 04 2021, 11:50 pm
Does anyone know the summit park neighborhood of Baltimore? I'm looking for an area where the people generally live a low key, simple and wholesome lifestyle and are middle of the road orthodox with a range of shuls from MO to yeshivish.
My current tiny town in Maryland is this way, but we would love to live in a more thriving Jewish community 😌.

If summit park fits the bill, are there specific blocks that have some frum families?

Hoping someone can help me out!
Back to top

amother




Peach
 

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 12:16 am
Hi. I live in summit park.

It's a really nice neighborhood. We have a frum women's chat with almost 80 women in summit park. We have 3 shuls plus many more in neighboring neighborhoods.

There is chabbad which has been here for years, Rabbi Rubin's shul which just purchased a property and is getting more established, and a smaller breakaway minyan in someone's basement that will probably be a few years before it's fully established but also really nice people.

They just extended the eruv to include the public school park which is really nice for shabbos afternoon.

For the most part people are simple here and you have a big mix of people hashkafically. It's not the kind of neighborhood where people buy houses to knock them down and build mansions like ranchliegh.

The houses aren't cheap. They run in the 400k range but it is cheaper than other neighborhoods in the county.
Back to top

amother




Peach
 

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 12:20 am
When we first moved in, there were very few frum families, now there are at least a few on every block. The blocks with the most frum families would probably be forest green, Lightfoot, and baythorne court.
Back to top

amother




Peach
 

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 12:22 am
Also keep in mind, ranchliegh, pickwick, and indian village are all within a 5 to 10 minute walk if you want another shul or to visit a friend or something.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 12:42 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
When we first moved in, there were very few frum families, now there are at least a few on every block. The blocks with the most frum families would probably be forest green, Lightfoot, and baythorne court.

Thank you for this info!!
Do u know if there are frum families in the area of the elementary school, diana road etc? Also, are there lots of kids and parents outside on shabbos?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 12:45 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Hi. I live in summit park.

It's a really nice neighborhood. We have a frum women's chat with almost 80 women in summit park. We have 3 shuls plus many more in neighboring neighborhoods.

There is chabbad which has been here for years, Rabbi Rubin's shul which just purchased a property and is getting more established, and a smaller breakaway minyan in someone's basement that will probably be a few years before it's fully established but also really nice people.

They just extended the eruv to include the public school park which is really nice for shabbos afternoon.

For the most part people are simple here and you have a big mix of people hashkafically. It's not the kind of neighborhood where people buy houses to knock them down and build mansions like ranchliegh.

The houses aren't cheap. They run in the 400k range but it is cheaper than other neighborhoods in the county.


It does sound nice!! Thank you for sharing this info! Where will rabbi rubin's shul be located?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 10:01 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Also keep in mind, ranchliegh, pickwick, and indian village are all within a 5 to 10 minute walk if you want another shul or to visit a friend or something.


That's convenient!
Can you tell me what blocks are included in summit park? I'm confused in the difference between indian village and summit park.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 10:06 am
Can someone recommend a realtor that is knowledgeable re: summit park neighborhood?
Back to top

amother




Peach
 

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 10:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for this info!!
Do u know if there are frum families in the area of the elementary school, diana road etc? Also, are there lots of kids and parents outside on shabbos?


Near the school might be a little less frum people since they literally just extended the eruv in the last few months. That is the block of the basement shul though and they really have a nice crowd. I think on that block there are 3 frum families and a few more around the corner.

As far as people sitting outside, it's not a crazy busy neighborhood like some blocks in Baltimore. It's not a bungalow colony. If you are looking for a bungalow colony feel, then you would need to find a very specific block which is 99% frum and even then it would depend on people's personalities. I have a friend who moved to a very saturated block but people aren't sitting around socializing. It's very personality specific.
Back to top

amother




Peach
 

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 10:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That's convenient!
Can you tell me what blocks are included in summit park? I'm confused in the difference between indian village and summit park.


Basically Greenspring ave and smith ave are the cutoffs. Anything on one side of smith is summit park and the other side is ranchliegh. Anything on one side of Greenspring is summit park and the other side is indian village.


Lightfoot, forest green, Chippewa, hunt, diana, sylvale, pimlico, baythorne ct, micarol,

All summit park.

Some of these blocks extend across Greenspring into indian village.
Back to top

amother




Peach
 

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 10:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It does sound nice!! Thank you for sharing this info! Where will rabbi rubin's shul be located?


On Lightfoot between sylvale and Greenspring
Back to top

amother




Peach
 

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 10:13 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can someone recommend a realtor that is knowledgeable re: summit park neighborhood?


Dassy Lazar
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 11:42 am
Thank you so so much for all your helpful information!!!
One last question, what block is the basement shul on?
Back to top

amother




Peach
 

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you so so much for all your helpful information!!!
One last question, what block is the basement shul on?


Diana. Directly across the street from the park. If you want to post ur email I can send you my number and you can text me with any questions.
Back to top

amother




Mint
 

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 10:58 am
Can someone tell me about this Rabbi Rubin and the new shul?
Who is this? On Lightfoot between Sylvale and Greenspring-- is that the block with the really funny looking house?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 8:09 pm
Deleted
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Ball diet boro park 15 Wed, Feb 24 2021, 12:18 am View last post
J&J Iced Coffee in Bingo-Boro Park?
by amother
2 Mon, Feb 22 2021, 12:35 pm View last post
Dunkin donuts highland park
by amother
1 Sat, Feb 20 2021, 9:19 pm View last post
Where can I find affordable shoes - Boro park 16 Wed, Feb 17 2021, 4:28 pm View last post
Hairstylist in boro park 1 Tue, Feb 16 2021, 11:44 pm View last post