Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Shlomo
Previous  1  2

miami85

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 1:40 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
I love the name Shlomo. If I didn't already have a Yosef Shalom, I'd totally give that name to a boy.

They are completely different names. I have nephews a shalom and shlomo in the same family. My husband's middle name is Shalom and I have a son Shlomo. We did not give him a 2nd name because he was named after 2 different Shlomos who each had the one name and yet had different English names so we didn't use "Solomon" on his birth certificate.

The Shlomos that I know are very smart and witty.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 1:45 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
My son is Shlomo Yaakov. Family name.
He goes by either Shlomo or by both.
Happen to love this combination.

Funny story, my husband is a baal teshuva and he went by yaakov shalom for years knowing that he had been named for his great-uncle, then while going through his (non-observant) family's home he found his "bris certificate" that said "Shlomo Yaakov" but he asked a shaila and was told that his name is "yaakov shalom". I had wanted to use the name "shlomo" because it is significant in my family. Since he wasn't "positive" that it wasn't his name we asked the shaila and we were told we could use it for our son. Years later we were introducing our son to my husband's great aunt and told her his name was Shlomo she said "Oh, that was my husband's name"--So my husband's name had been "wrong" all these years.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 7:16 am
My son is Shlomo Yisrael.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 7:18 am
love the name shlomo
love the nicknames
love the many combos

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 10:43 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
love the name shlomo
love the nicknames
love the many combos

What nicknames? I can use ideas.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 10:47 am
We often call our son. Momo, Momi or Shlomli.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names