Home

Vacation to Celebrate a Wellness Milestone

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Vacation and Traveling


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 4:57 pm
To make a long story short. My husband was diagnosed with a chronic illness within the first 6 months of our marriage. It’s has wrecked havoc in our life in every imaginable (or unimaginable!) way. There have been days, weeks, months, years! that I didn’t think I’d survive. Now, things are BH looking better & his illness is under control. I would like for us to have the opportunity to get away & rejuvenate for 4 days. What place would you ladies recommend that is healing and can completely Allow us to escape our reality?? (From the Tristate)
Back to top

doctorima




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 7:01 pm
Driving or flying? If you're comfortable flying, I can think of nothing more relaxing than staring at the scenery in Turks and Caicos for 4 days, which is a direct flight from NYC and has a local Chabad that may offer takeout. If you want a relaxing hotel with more kosher restaurants and activities, you could check out Banyan Tree Mayakoba in Cancun.

If driving, you won't be able to get as far in terms of distance and change of scenery and weather, not to mention quarantine restrictions in some neighboring states. I'd lean toward Lake Placid, with other options in NH and VT.
Back to top

amother




Burgundy
 

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 7:03 pm
Mohonk mountain house has houses you can rent
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 7:43 pm
Flying so we can really get away from our present reality.
Thanks for the responses. It means so much!! Keep it coming ladies.
Back to top

amother




Lime
 

Post Tue, Jan 05 2021, 8:06 pm
Banyan tree mayakoba in Mexico!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 3:34 pm
Anyone else want to help out??
Back to top

amother




Purple
 

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 3:38 pm
Mazel Tov! FL all is open with protocols easy to get to has kosher food beautiful place gorgeous weather
Enjoy!
Back to top

Thisisnotmyreal




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 4:15 pm
Arizona
Back to top

amother




Powderblue
 

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 4:45 pm
So I was basically your husband in this scenario. To celebrate completing 12 cycles of chemo and getting through a crazy tough few surgeries, my husband and I flew to Puerto Rico and stayed at the Royal Isabella on the quiet side of the island. It was very private, health oriented and we were able to do low key things like be privately shuttled to the isolated beach with a fruit basket and fresh, cool drinks. Umbrellas, chairs and blankets had been set up for us and we were the only ones there. Three hours later, we were retrieved and brought back to our room where we swam in our private pool, overlooking the ocean. Had massages on our porch and enjoyed an overall relaxing, romantic getaway from life. It was beautiful and perfect. Then again, there are closer options. Try looking at the Reef, Atlantis, in Nassau, Bahamas. It's lovely there too (just more people) and less flying / driving for the location. Wellness trips are so important to us. We did St. Lucia last summer and stayed at Sugar Beach, a viceroy hotel. It was stunning! Also had an amazing casita with a private pool and it overlooked the grand pitons. Truly, an amazing trip. But with COVID risks, I would wait until the summer for things to be safer (personally...). Good luck! So many great choices.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 6:21 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
So I was basically your husband in this scenario. To celebrate completing 12 cycles of chemo and getting through a crazy tough few surgeries, my husband and I flew to Puerto Rico and stayed at the Royal Isabella on the quiet side of the island. It was very private, health oriented and we were able to do low key things like be privately shuttled to the isolated beach with a fruit basket and fresh, cool drinks. Umbrellas, chairs and blankets had been set up for us and we were the only ones there. Three hours later, we were retrieved and brought back to our room where we swam in our private pool, overlooking the ocean. Had massages on our porch and enjoyed an overall relaxing, romantic getaway from life. It was beautiful and perfect. Then again, there are closer options. Try looking at the Reef, Atlantis, in Nassau, Bahamas. It's lovely there too (just more people) and less flying / driving for the location. Wellness trips are so important to us. We did St. Lucia last summer and stayed at Sugar Beach, a viceroy hotel. It was stunning! Also had an amazing casita with a private pool and it overlooked the grand pitons. Truly, an amazing trip. But with COVID risks, I would wait until the summer for things to be safer (personally...). Good luck! So many great choices.

Thank you for being specific! And I’m glad you’re on the other side of the fence Bh!!
Back to top

amother




Chocolate
 

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 6:32 pm
I would go to florida honestly! such beautiful options for hotels and for restaurants... relaxing and warm and beautiful! enjoy!!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 6:50 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
I would go to florida honestly! such beautiful options for hotels and for restaurants... relaxing and warm and beautiful! enjoy!!

Florida, from what I’ve heard, is not so quiet. I’m looking for something breathtaking, unique, and that can take me away from reality. If you have any specific place in mind feel free sharing:)
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 7:08 am
doctorima wrote:
Driving or flying? If you're comfortable flying, I can think of nothing more relaxing than staring at the scenery in Turks and Caicos for 4 days, which is a direct flight from NYC and has a local Chabad that may offer takeout. If you want a relaxing hotel with more kosher restaurants and activities, you could check out Banyan Tree Mayakoba in Cancun.

If driving, you won't be able to get as far in terms of distance and change of scenery and weather, not to mention quarantine restrictions in some neighboring states. I'd lean toward Lake Placid, with other options in NH and VT.

Would you mind if I pm you with more specific questions about some places I’m considering?
Back to top

doctorima




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 7:22 am
My pleasure, I'm the unofficial Ima travel agent and always happy to help! I've helped plan many a getaway via PM, though I appreciate you asking first.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 7:24 am
doctorima wrote:
My pleasure, I'm the unofficial Ima travel agent and always happy to help! I've helped plan many a getaway via PM, though I appreciate you asking first.

Wow I really appreciate that!! It’s so kind of you:) Will reach out later iyh. Thanks again.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Vacation and Traveling

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Is this standard- tipping on vacation
by amother
3 Yesterday at 8:40 am View last post
Summer vacation in PA - where to go; what to see???
by amother
9 Wed, Apr 14 2021, 7:10 am View last post
Where would you go on vacation in the USA now? 28 Sun, Apr 11 2021, 11:22 am View last post
Watkins Glen or Rochester vacation?
by amother
3 Thu, Apr 08 2021, 8:22 pm View last post
by sky
Summer vacation in Florida
by amother
0 Thu, Apr 08 2021, 9:05 am View last post