Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Covid vaccine while pregnant?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Would you get the Covid vaccine if you were pregnant?
Yes  
 11%  [ 13 ]
No, but I would if I wasn’t pregnant  
 33%  [ 37 ]
No, but I wouldn’t either way  
 54%  [ 59 ]
Total Votes : 109

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:09 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
But if someone died of a heart attack and tested positive for covid-19, it's considered a death from covid-19 even though anybody can get one etc.
Sounds like a double standard.

FTR, CV can trigger heart attacks. And if someone does from pneumonia developed from CV, it is a CV death, even if anyone can develop pneumonia.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:11 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Not everything that happens after a vaccine can be attributed to the vaccine. That's why they need to look into it carefully to find a possible link. A certain percentage of the population will experience this regardless of vaccination. The question is whether or not in his case the vaccine directly or indirectly contributed in any way.

True, but why take the risk with a developing fetus. A developing fetus is more susceptible to foreign materials ingested or injected into the body.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:12 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
FTR, CV can trigger heart attacks. And if someone does from pneumonia developed from CV, it is a CV death, even if anyone can develop pneumonia.

But it has gone to far 80% of people that are dying now are all labeled covid no matter what killed them and I know families that came out and said it wasn’t covid. No one is allowed to sneeze or cough anymore in public cause for sure u have covid.
But here take a vaccine that wasn’t tested really and inject yourself but continue ur all the restrictions you did previously don’t add up.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:16 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
So if you're not in any high risk category, why even consider the risk?

FYI pregnant women are in a high risk category for covid (here in the US)

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:18 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
But it has gone to far 80% of people that are dying now are all labeled covid no matter what killed them and I know families that came out and said it wasn’t covid.

Source please?

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:20 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:

That is true. But if someone has very limited exposure why take the vaccine? My and DH work in careful places. No kids. We are very viligant. We have never even needed to quarantine ever. We've never been in contact with someone with COVID.

Yes I could get COVID but it's unlikely.

amother
Cyan

That’s not true at all my ob claims not a bigger risk at all then anyone else and he hasn’t seen on severe case on pregnant woman recently. Flu is more dangerous he claims for pregnant woman

amother
Salmon

amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
But it has gone to far 80% of people that are dying now are all labeled covid no matter what killed them and I know families that came out and said it wasn’t covid. No one is allowed to sneeze or cough anymore in public cause for sure u have covid.
But here take a vaccine that wasn’t tested really and inject yourself but continue ur all the restrictions you did previously don’t add up.

Not necessarily true. If someone has CV, the likelihood that CV triggered something in the body - be it a heart attack, stroke, or pneumonia is very high. They are all reactions to CV. In those who already have corresponding medical conditions, the likelihood is even higher that CV will trigger one of these events. All patients are being monitored for such precise reactions.

In some cases where the cause of death wasn't certain - autopsies did prove the cause of death. Obviously we can't do that in our communities, so families are left with assumptions. We can't use such assumptions to base medical opinions. We use the substantiated ones to base medical opinions, and it lines up pretty well (not 100%, but pretty well).

They're are encouraging to continue restrictions until enough people have been vaccinated to obtain herd immunity. While you're protected with the vaccine, the mask and SD is to protect those who haven't obtained immunity yet.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:22 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
That’s not true at all my ob claims not a bigger risk at all then anyone else and he hasn’t seen on severe case on pregnant woman recently. Flu is more dangerous he claims for pregnant woman

Your ob is so wrong on this. I work in healthcare. There are too many dead babies and dead mommies for him to say that pregnant women are not at a bigger risk.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:23 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
That is true. But if someone has very limited exposure why take the vaccine? My and DH work in careful places. No kids. We are very viligant. We have never even needed to quarantine ever. We've never been in contact with someone with COVID.

Yes I could get COVID but it's unlikely.

I think if you’re always wearing masks and SD, then yeah it might make sense to wait. But if you’re pregnant, you still have to go to doctor appts right? That’s a riskier environment. Plus I’ve seen people here say that they were extremely careful and they still got it. For myself, I just wouldn’t take the risk at all and I would get it to be safe. I’m not pregnant rn but I did get both doses of the vaccine bc I’m a healthcare worker.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:26 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:

This is SO SO wrong. Please find a new OB. He isn’t following ACOG (which is the group that issues guidelines for his practice).

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:27 am
This is SO SO wrong. Please find a new OB. He isn’t following ACOG (which is the group that issues guidelines for his practice).

He’s actually an amazing OB maybe he’s doing his own research and not being a stupid puppet!!

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:35 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
He’s actually an amazing OB maybe he’s doing his own research and not being a stupid puppet!!

Wow. So doctors who follow the research and the guidelines that result from that research are stupid puppets?? I hope all of my doctors are stupid puppets then. Banging head Banging head Banging head

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:36 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:

Doing his own research is not the same thing as making up his own facts. If he actually was doing his own research, he would find that pregnant women are at a higher risk for both pregnancy complications AND Covid complications.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:41 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Doing his own research is not the same thing as making up his own facts. If he actually was doing his own research, he would find that pregnant women are at a higher risk for both pregnancy complications AND Covid complications.

Thank you for your eloquence. I’m getting too frustrated to form a real sentence!

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:55 am
I think if you’re always wearing masks and SD, then yeah it might make sense to wait. But if you’re pregnant, you still have to go to doctor appts right? That’s a riskier environment. Plus I’ve seen people here say that they were extremely careful and they still got it. For myself, I just wouldn’t take the risk at all and I would get it to be safe. I’m not pregnant rn but I did get both doses of the vaccine bc I’m a healthcare worker.

My doctors are telling me to wait. My DH and family have gotten the vaccine. I don't want to a take a risk with a vaccine not tested on pregnant women.

Even the riskier environment, we are all wearing masks and using hand sanitizer. Keeping windows open etc.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:01 am
Thank you for your eloquence. I’m getting too frustrated to form a real sentence!

It’s very frustrating when people follow blindly and believe whatever is most convenient for them. I’m happy that that poster trusts her doctor, however you need to be an “informed consumer” so to speak. She says her doctor is a good doctor, and I believe that. But even good doctors make mistakes.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:08 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
It’s very frustrating when people follow blindly and believe whatever is most convenient for them. I’m happy that that poster trusts her doctor, however you need to be an “informed consumer” so to speak. She says her doctor is a good doctor, and I believe that. But even good doctors make mistakes.

I’m doing my research I’m far from following blindly. What makes you think your informed is the right information!!

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:11 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I’m doing my research I’m far from following blindly. What makes you think your informed is the right information!!

Ok so where is your research coming from? My informed decision is from ACOG, Infant Risk, and my hospital (like I said before, a major US hospital with one of the highest ranked birthing centers, OB, MFM.)

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:14 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:

I apologize, that’s what it seems like. To me, believing a dr who makes claims that clash with recent research is following blindly. You are entitled to do what you wish, but it’s frustrating for us healthcare workers who now have to deal with dead babies and very sick mothers.
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics