Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Covid vaccine while pregnant?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

Would you get the Covid vaccine if you were pregnant?
Yes  
 11%  [ 13 ]
No, but I would if I wasn’t pregnant  
 33%  [ 37 ]
No, but I wouldn’t either way  
 54%  [ 59 ]
Total Votes : 109

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:16 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I apologize, that’s what it seems like. To me, believing a dr who makes claims that clash with recent research is following blindly. You are entitled to do what you wish, but it’s frustrating for us healthcare workers who now have to deal with dead babies and very sick mothers.

I work in NICU and L+D. Do you mind sharing what dept you work in? We’ve seen late miscarriages due to covid ruining the placenta or causing clots. It’s so upsetting.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:18 am
I apologize, that’s what it seems like. To me, believing a dr who makes claims that clash with recent research is following blindly. You are entitled to do what you wish, but it’s frustrating for us healthcare workers who now have to deal with dead babies and very sick mothers.

Have your realized the research keeps changing, do you realize they keep retracting things they said. Yes I do my research by reading articles and speaking to other doctors. And sorry our healthcare system has failed us in so many ways that I don’t believe anyone anymore.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:19 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
I work in NICU and L+D. Do you mind sharing what dept you work in? We’ve seen late miscarriages due to covid ruining the placenta or causing clots. It’s so upsetting.

Have these mothers been tested for mthfr or any other blood clotting mutations??

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:21 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Have your realized the research keeps changing, do you realize they keep retracting things they said.

What is changing? What was retracted? You make it sound like tons of things are changing or retracted. Can you clarify? It’s just plain fear mongering. I’m honestly sorry you don’t trust healthcare anymore. That must be a very scary way to live.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:21 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:

OBGYN office. It was devastating in the summer, and now it’s sad to say that I’m somewhat desensitized. Now it’s very upsetting and highly frustrating.
(P.s. I am not a dr. Do not take medical advice from me, please.)

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:22 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Have these mothers been tested for mthfr or any other blood clotting mutations??

For my particular job, it’s not necessary for me to get that information so I don’t go through the patient chart to look for it since that would be inappropriate. I’m sure that their OBGYNs do follow that though. I’ll see if I can find any info but there probably isn’t much available since covid is so new.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:24 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Have your realized the research keeps changing, do you realize they keep retracting things they said. Yes I do my research by reading articles and speaking to other doctors. And sorry our healthcare system has failed us in so many ways that I don’t believe anyone anymore.

What gets retracted? Covid is only a year old. If research wasn’t changing, I’d be concerned. The studies that are being done are excellent. The only major change that I can think of was when the research pointed toward Covid not being harmful to pregnancy, and that has thankfully changed to the opposite.

mig100

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
There was a letter in Mishpacha this week explaining the science of this particular vaccine and why it shouldn’t affect pregnancy

please do share. I am interested in hearing more. maybe you can post a picture of the article

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:56 am
My OBGYN in Israel who is a very respected dr said I should get it. I told her I had corona already and so she said I don't have to. (I really don't want to, so I was happy.)

mig100

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:27 am
OBGYN office. It was devastating in the summer, and now it’s sad to say that I’m somewhat desensitized. Now it’s very upsetting and highly frustrating.
(P.s. I am not a dr. Do not take medical advice from me, please.)

thanks for sharing your firsthand experience. this is so sad and unfortunate Crying

btw- if you are on ima you are more eligible to give medical advice than drs - don't you know that? drs don't know everything anyways.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics