Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Can I lose weight and drink a milkshake every day?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:02 am
Weight loss doesn't depend on how healthy your food is, it depends on how many calories it is. However, overall health is more important than weight loss.

HakarasHatov

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:02 am
What if you only eat 1/3 of a milkshake, that way you can still get the experience at a fraction of the calories/sugar

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:04 am
You don't have to be addicted to sugar to want a milkshake every day. We all come pre-programmed to like sugar and fat. This is because "in the wild", or in any situation other than a level of prosperity that was unheard of for millennia, it is actually beneficial to seek out sugar and fat.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:05 am
HakarasHatov wrote:
What if you only eat 1/3 of a milkshake, that way you can still get the experience at a fraction of the calories/sugar

Yeah. 16oz is a small in American sizing. It doesn't really make any sense; an 8oz shouldn't even be considered small.

watergirl

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:14 am
OP, there is only way to find out what you want to know for real, not with speculations of amothers.

1) go to the store where you purchase the shakes. Ask to see the containers of the ice cream, milk, espresso, and caramel. Watch them make you a shake and make a mental note of how many scoops, how large the scoops are, how much milk, and how much caramel. Ask to snap a photo for even more accurate info.

2) make an appointment with a registered dietitian. Go to the appointment with photos and your info. (I’ve done this before with other things).

3) get the real answer and make a plan with the RD that is cater-made for your body, your needs, your likes, and your goals.

I told my RD that my one daily must is a large cup of coffee with two level teaspoons of hot chocolate powder and 1 tbsp of half and half. She worked it into my daily plan.

People here can offer advice, input, encouragement, and speculation and tell you about their own experiences, but we do not know you and we don’t know your body or your lifestyle. See a pro if your daily shake is this important to you.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:23 am
I didn't read the replies OP, I just want to say your thread title- I love it. The thought of a daily milkshake diet sounds heavenly Heart

peacenine

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:49 am
Good for you OP for having less milkshakes this week. I think that's a great step in the right direction.
Loosing weight is not just about CICO. If it was that simple there wouldn't be people struggling with their weight. Food is here to nourish us to make our body work. When we substitute it with fake food (sugar, processed foods, chemical additives) we end up being malnourished and hungry all the time. Or have sugar spikes which makes you grab more fake food. It like putting water in your car instead of gas and assuming your car will work perfectly fine. It just doesn't work and backfires at one point.
Focus on healthy, filling food. The less processed it is, the better it is for you. And eating till your 80% satiated. Check out rorie Weisberg from full n free. She has amazing content on this topic.
Good luck on your journey.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:58 am
Losing weight is about CICO, but sometimes a calorie deficit can cause a person to stop functioning.

heidi

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 8:54 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
I’m on weight watchers so looked it up there.
An average milkshake is equal to the total amount of food I can eat a day.
They claim that if I ate “free” foods the rest of the day (no oil, fat, sugar, flour, most grains, processed foods) I could lose weight having one milkshake. But the rest of your diet would be very limited.

I lost 35 pounds on weight watchers eating 1 breast and 1 wing of fried chicken a day
Or 1 box of ravioli a day
It can be done
I just ate salad no dressing the rest of the day.

HakarasHatov

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 10:24 am
By the way I lost weight very quickly (3.5lbs/week) 20 lbs total, while eating a healthy portion of ice-cream every night. But I walked miles (cant remember how many, but around 6+) every day. So maybe if you ate willing to put in the work, you could compensate for the milkshake.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 1:19 pm
thank you ladies for all your replies!!!
So I had a long talk with the owner today, the sweetest nicest woman- she's usually not there but B'H I caught her today!!
so basically the shake has
3 scoops of ice cream (she thought like 10 oz.)
1-2 tbs. caramel
expresso
1/2 cup red milk
there's much more ice cream than milk that's why
If you ladies can figure out the calories now, that would be amazing!!!
but one thing I can say FOR SURE!! this thing got no 450 calories!!!! that's for sure why I did not lose!!!
anyways, she told me she would also love to know the total calories, cuz she drinks them and she's watching her weight........
so we were talking about the place offering a lower cal/lower sugar version, she was totally open to the idea, I told her I'll help them figure it out.....
they can use the caramel syrup instead of real dulce de leche (that's zero calories)
sugar free frozen yogurt
expresso
skim milk

so today for lunch I had a broccali pizza (330 calories) instead of the milkshake, then someone told me about this amazing confetti peanut butter ice cream- each container is 130 calories....I bought it, it was reeeeeeeaaally good!! (though not the same as a coffee frappe) but I do plan on buying them to keep in my freezer....really yummy!!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 1:55 pm
heidi wrote:
I lost 35 pounds on weight watchers eating 1 breast and 1 wing of fried chicken a day
Or 1 box of ravioli a day
It can be done
I just ate salad no dressing the rest of the day.

what is ravioli? like the pasta filled squares?
you were full with that? what would you eat with the fried chicken?
you must feel great!!

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 3:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So I had a long talk with the owner today, the sweetest nicest woman- she's usually not there but B'H I caught her today!!
1-2 tbs. caramel
expresso
1/2 cup red milk
but one thing I can say FOR SURE!! this thing got no 450 calories!!!! that's for sure why I did not lose!!!
anyways, she told me she would also love to know the total calories, cuz she drinks them and she's watching her weight........
so we were talking about the place offering a lower cal/lower sugar version, she was totally open to the idea, I told her I'll help them figure it out.....
they can use the caramel syrup instead of real dulce de leche (that's zero calories)
sugar free frozen yogurt
expresso
skim milk

so today for lunch I had a broccali pizza (330 calories) instead of the milkshake, then someone told me about this amazing confetti peanut butter ice cream- each container is 130 calories....I bought it, it was reeeeeeeaaally good!! (though not the same as a coffee frappe) but I do plan on buying them to keep in my freezer....really yummy!!!

I would estimate 1000 calories.
You would really make it much easier for yourself if you looked for healthy choices instead of trying to lose weight while consuming huge amounts of sugar.

Fave

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 5:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
1-2 tbs. caramel
expresso
1/2 cup red milk
sugar free frozen yogurt
expresso
skim milk

This post got me drooling.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 6:13 pm
You don't have to jump from your high calorie drink to sugar free. Sugar free is low calorie but at a cost. It really hurt my stomach and the taste gets boring very quickly.
Now that you know how high cal your drink is why not meet in the middle. With the 3 scoops of ice-cream, milk, whip and caramel its probably close to 1000 cals.
Why not treat yourself to something 300-400 calories. Thats tons of calories to eat something good thats not sugar free. A delicious ice cream from a box, or Rita's etc..
Also you can have a delicious frapp with whip if you use ice cubes like Starbucks does, not saying you should go there but have something like that.

You can also try a delicious fruit smoothie with whip. I make myself a huge bowl of thick smoothie with banana and frozen berries a bit of milk and put whip on top it is so filling and sweet. Maybe that store can make it for you?

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 6:18 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
You don't have to jump from your high calorie drink to sugar free. Sugar free is low calorie but at a cost. It really hurt my stomach and the taste gets boring very quickly.
Now that you know how high cal your drink is why not meet in the middle. With the 3 scoops of ice-cream, milk, whip and caramel its probably close to 1000 cals.
Why not treat yourself to something 3,400 calories. Thats tons of calories to eat something good thats not sugar free. A delicious ice cream from a box, or Rita's etc..
Also you can have a delicious frapp with whip if you use ice cubes like Starbucks does, not saying you should go there but have something like that.

You can also try a delicious fruit smoothie with whip. I make myself a huge bowl of thick smoothie with banana and frozen berries a bit of milk and put whip on top it is so filling and sweet. Maybe that store can make it for you?

I get that you meant 300 or 400 calories, but for a second, I was really confused about why you were recommending 3,400 calories.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 6:19 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Why not treat yourself to something 300-400 calories. Thats tons of calories to eat something good thats not sugar free. A delicious ice cream from a box, or Rita's etc..

watergirl

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
1-2 tbs. caramel
expresso
1/2 cup red milk
sugar free frozen yogurt
expresso
skim milk

I mean, anyone can google...
3 scoops vanilla ice cream - 603 calories https://www.myfitnesspal.com/f.....30011
1/2 cup whole milk - 75 cal https://www.myfitnesspal.com/f.....81510
2 TBSP caramel - 120 calories https://www.myfitnesspal.com/f.....70678
You mentioned whipped cream - 52 cal for 1 TBSP (you probably get more than that). https://www.myfitnesspal.com/f.....58098

The numbers varied from site to site but the one I chose was in the middle. Each time you have one shake, you are drinking over 800 calories. Make sure its worth it!

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:44 pm
Ooooh. I NEEEED a milkshake right NOOOW...

Drunken Smile

Bounce Bounce Bounce Bounce Bounce Bounce

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:59 pm
I find it so interesting that people are saying to skip the whipped cream. It's probably the lowest calorie ingredient in there!

Eta: I see watergirl posted that
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise