Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Anyone supposed to get stimulus $ NOT get it yet?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 8:37 am
Title says it all... I check my account every day, we’re not making ends meet and can REALLY use it. Had no problem getting the first round but did not receive second round yet. Anyone else still waiting?

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 8:58 am
Still waiting.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 8:59 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Title says it all... I check my account every day, we’re not making ends meet and can REALLY use it. Had no problem getting the first round but did not receive second round yet. Anyone else still waiting?

Yes

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 8:59 am
Me

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 9:04 am
I never got the cards for 300+ per child. Only got it for one child. Not the other.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 9:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

You can check the status of your check on the irs website-- https://www.irs.gov/coronaviru.....yment

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 9:29 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
I never got the cards for 300+ per child. Only got it for one child. Not the other.

That is a totally different thing, run by a totally different department. That was Pandemic EBT for K-12 students who would have received lunch in school for free or reduced price had there not been corona. Was given either on an existing card from SNAP/Medicaid or a separate card. Some people got within the same family 2 different methods!

Doesn't have bearing on the stimulus bill funding that is being distributed now, first via direct deposit and then mailed out for those without direct deposit.

I think people can track their stimulus fund distribution online.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 9:30 am
Many people didn't receive it yet and for some odd reason, they're mailing out checks even to people that have direct deposit.

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 9:33 am
still waiting.

syrima

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 9:40 am
Acc to the website they are mailing it out today. Hang in there!

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 9:49 am
so I checked the status with my hubby's social security number (we filed joint) and they can't give me a status--- either there isn't enough information (but we did file taxes and we did get the first payment) or we don't qualify. But don't we qualify as long as we make under $150,000? And.... yes we did (ugh). So I understand not having it yet, things take time--- but why is there no info to be had on when we'll get it?

sky

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 10:44 am
TwinsMommy wrote:
so I checked the status with my hubby's social security number (we filed joint) and they can't give me a status--- either there isn't enough information (but we did file taxes and we did get the first payment) or we don't qualify. But don't we qualify as long as we make under $150,000? And.... yes we did (ugh). So I understand not having it yet, things take time--- but why is there no info to be had on when we'll get it?

Where can you check?

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 11:23 am
sky wrote:
Where can you check?

Amother lavender posted the link above..

amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
You can check the status of your check on the irs website-- https://www.irs.gov/coronaviru.....yment

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 12:02 pm
Anyone know if you make more money in 2020 then 2019 if that will cause you to pay back.

For example I got a stock. payout from my company. I paid 40% taxes on it 😱 so my final amount wasn’t so much but it pushed us over the threshold by 3k of net. I don’t want to have to pay it back.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 12:13 pm
You only get direct deposit if your most recently filed tax return has a refund with direct deposit. If your most recently filed tax return showed a refund paid by check or a balance due, regardless of payment method, you will receive a check by mail if you are eligible.

Even if you got a direct deposit on the first round, if you have since filed another tax refund, your 2019 return, and had a different balance due/refund situation than your 2018 tax return you will not receive the stimulus in the same manner.

Both stimulus payments are issued based on your most recently filed return. There will be a true-up for the first stimulus on your 2020 return as the stimulus was supposed to be based on your 2019 Information but the 2019 return was not yet due at the time of the distribution, so many people received money based on their 2018 numbers. If you should have received more you will receive it As a refundable credit on your 2020 tax return.

It is my understanding that if you received too much money with the first stimulus payment you will not need to pay back with your 2020 tax return.

It is not yet clear where there will be a true up for your second stimulus payment, but I imagine it will be on the 2021 tax return.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 12:48 pm
"Taxpayers who have checked the status of their stimulus check with the IRS Get My Payment tool and received the message "Payment Status #2 – Not Available" will not receive a second stimulus check automatically, the IRS told CNBC Make It Tuesday night"
"And while many Americans have received their second stimulus payments as of Tuesday night, the IRS now says that people receiving the Payment Status #2 message on the Get My Payment tool will have to wait until they file their 2020 taxes to get the payment, even if they received the first stimulus check with no issues. "

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 1:04 pm
I logged onto the website and it said they mailed the check today January 6. I guess it'll come with the mail.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 1:08 pm
I didn't receive my payment yet either. From what I can surmise, this is why I didn't: I filed 2019 taxes late and to had to paper file (not e-file). The IRS is backlogged so it is experiencing delays processing paper filings. Because the second stimulus payment uses the information from 2019 taxes, the delay in processing tax returns means that they don't have account information for the stimulus payment.

... That's my assumption, anyway.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 2:17 pm
sky wrote:
Where can you check?

IRS tracking tool for second round stimulus
https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof-.....Cj.64

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 4:20 pm
whats with a child over twenty that is not married will he get a check??
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics