Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Total cost of bungalow including day camp?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 8:49 am
What is the total cost of going to a bungalow colony for the summer including what you need to pay to send kids to the day camp? (Do you pay per kid? per family?)
Detailed responses would be great.
I know this may vary based on which bungalow colony, so please specify what kind of bungalow.
Thanks

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 8:51 am
This will vary greatly. I pay about $4500 maintenance and about $500 a summer for day camp. There are places where maintenance is more than double this.... you need to check in a place that you would go to otherwise you will not know anything!!

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 9:23 am
I pay about $9,500 for my bungalow and $600 per kid for Day Camp. Also pay $200 per air conditioner and $200 each for using my washer and dryer. My bungalow is pretty nice, 3 bdrm/2 bath.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 1:22 pm
I own my bungalow, pay $6,000 maintenance plus $650 per kid day camp. Older Kids that go to other day camps outside the colony I pay about $800-1000 per kid per summer

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 1:59 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
I own my bungalow, pay $6,000 maintenance plus $650 per kid day camp. Older Kids that go to other day camps outside the colony I pay about $800-1000 per kid per summer

I'm just curious. Why is it worthwhile for you to own a bungalow, if your maintenance fee costs more than I pay to rent? I pay $5500 for a 3 bedroom bungalow, plus $650 each for boys' camp and $350 for girls, and a flat rate air conditioning and washer/dryer fee.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 2:32 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
I'm just curious. Why is it worthwhile for you to own a bungalow, if your maintenance fee costs more than I pay to rent? I pay $5500 for a 3 bedroom bungalow, plus $650 each for boys' camp and $350 for girls, and a flat rate air conditioning and washer/dryer fee.

My guess is you're in a chassidishe colony, as the pricing there tends to be lower. In a typical non-chasidish colony the prices are higher. In addition, owners can go up whenever they'd like during the year, not only when the owner opens for the summer.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 2:40 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:

You pay $5500 for a 3 bedroom bungalow for full summer??? This is so cheap. Most are between $10,000-$15,000 for the summer.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 2:42 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
My guess is you're in a chassidishe colony, as the pricing there tends to be lower. In a typical non-chasidish colony the prices are higher. In addition, owners can go up whenever they'd like during the year, not only when the owner opens for the summer.

Chassidish colonies are not cheaper than other's. Typical price is between $10,000-$15,000 per summer depending on the size of the bungalow. Anything lower than 10K is really cheap, probably a dilapidated colony.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 3:32 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:

It’s an investment in addition to a place to go every summer. Stability, no risk of losing your unit to the owner and needing to go elsewhere. Best part is being able to leave my pots/dishes/linen/towels/pool gear, etc. behind year after year, and we on,y pack up our personal belongings for the summer.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 3:54 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
It’s an investment in addition to a place to go every summer. Stability, no risk of losing your unit to the owner and needing to go elsewhere. Best part is being able to leave my pots/dishes/linen/towels/pool gear, etc. behind year after year, and we on,y pack up our personal belongings for the summer.

Most of the bungalows are cheaper than mine. Although I have to admit it's not a well-maintained beautiful place with manicured grounds....
But, I do leave my personal belongings there for the following summer. My colony is not open during the year.

doodlesmom

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 4:20 pm
Most people who own have winterized summer homes, vs. bungalows.
They can go any time they want, or rent it out for yom tov etc.
They own an asset
It might be much larger than your 3 bedroom bungalow
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics