Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Recent Irene wig giveaway

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 1:45 pm
What did you think of their giveaway contest? I sent them a dm that I was super unimpressed with the nature of the giveaway but ironically, my sister ended up being one of the winners lol

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 1:48 pm
What was the nature of the giveaway?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 2:04 pm
They asked their followers to post a picture on their stories of themselves in an Irene and that the followers would choose the winner. Then they took lots of the pictures and per each Irene story the posted two follower pics labeled A and B and asked their followers to choose who looked better. You're able to see the vote percentages so it was embarrassing for each person who was losing the vote. I think they were going to keep taking the winners and do additional rounds of voting until they got a winner but after the first day they stopped it, changed it to three winners and chose the winners themselves.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 3:12 pm
Many Instagram giveaways and contests are of very poor taste & un-classy.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 3:23 pm
Sounds like something that sounded cute to them in theory but was not a good idea in practice.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 3:58 pm
So they were giving free wigs to people who had good ones and looked great in them?

I guess those people were lost sales as they didn’t need to buy anyway.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 5:25 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
So they were giving free wigs to people who had good ones and looked great in them?

I guess those people were lost sales as they didn’t need to buy anyway.

Yes!! I would never post a pic of me in my irene...it's old and gross. But I'm the one that needs a new one desperately!!!

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 5:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They asked their followers to post a picture on their stories of themselves in an Irene and that the followers would choose the winner. Then they took lots of the pictures and per each Irene story the posted two follower pics labeled A and B and asked their followers to choose who looked better. You're able to see the vote percentages so it was embarrassing for each person who was losing the vote. I think they were going to keep taking the winners and do additional rounds of voting until they got a winner but after the first day they stopped it, changed it to three winners and chose the winners themselves.

Yeah I follow them on Instagram and it just seemed wrong?? I cringed when I saw the percentages. Oy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels