Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Dairy low carb ideas

mommyW

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 4:29 pm
Any ideas for dairy supper that's low carb? Not including fish or eggplant parmesan.
Tia!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 4:35 pm
Zucchini "ravioli"
Zucchini or eggplant "lasagna"
Zucchini or spaghetti squash alfredo
Portobello mushroom "pizza"
Cauliflower "pizza"
Eggplant parmesan made with toasted seasoned ground almonds or with no crumbs and grilled eggplant as base instead

Some more dairy and parve ideas sprinkled in here.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....55907

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Jan 06 2021, 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

mizle10

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 5:00 pm
My low carb diary dinners are crustless quiche, omlets, or spaghetti squash with pizza sauce and cheese. To be honest, I don’t find any of them very filling.
I’ll also do a soup with it, vegetable, onion (with cheese) or tomato.

mommyW

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 5:28 pm
Thank you all for your ideas. Ra mom I'm going through your link. Really helpful.

shaynala

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 5:37 pm
greek yogurt
frozen yogurt
zuchini soup (made with milk/butter)

agreer

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 5:50 pm
eggs/omelets with salsa, cheese, and vegetables

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 6:19 pm
Do you care about fat content, or are you making this Keto so that a bowl of soup is a satisfying meal?

My favorite is cream of mushroom soup.

I large yellow onion, diced
2 cartons of mushrooms, diced
Sautee in a lot of butter, and then set aside

In the same pan, add more butter, and an equal amount of flour (for example 2TBS flour to butter, so not a lot of carbs.) "Fry" the flour in butter, stirring constantly, until it starts to turn golden brown. Remove the pot from the heat for a minute, and add milk. It will look really thin at this point. Bring it up to a boil and whisk constantly to get the lumps out, or use a hand blender.

Add the onion and mushrooms back into the pot, and keep it boiling. Watch as it gets thicker. Add more milk as needed (you want it to be kind of like a gravy, but not quite that thick.) Add a pint of heavy cream. If you don't have heavy cream, 5oz of whipped cream cheese works just as well.

Adjust seasonings. I like to use a dash of nutmeg, white pepper, and garlic salt. Add the salt slowly and taste as you go along.

Give it a really good stir, and then taste again. If it's ready, reduce heat to the lowest setting, and it will be ready to serve whenever you want it.

I make a double batch, and freeze it in one pint containers for future meals.

If you make the soup really thick, you can pour it over steamed vegetables as a sauce. Then sprinkle cheese on top, and put the whole pan under the broiler until everything is bubbly and the cheese is just starting to turn golden.

Warning, this is addictive!

I know it looks like a lot of steps, but it's really not. Once you get the hang of it, you'll be wanting to make this all the time. Then you can start experimenting with adding other veggies to the soup.

mommyW

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 6:58 pm
Hmmmm..... FF that sounds Yumm! Just wonder if my DH will like as he usually doesn't like milk based soups. Think I'll try it once. Do you think I can do as a sauce over veggies in the Betty Crocker?

cbg

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 7:48 pm
Defrost and squeeze dry a pkg of spinach
Season with salt and pepper
Grease a square or round tin
I like to also use a piece of parchment paper
Place in a square or round tin and pat it down tight
In a separate bowl take a 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, or more, and beat 1 egg and mix
Spread the egg cheese mix evenly
Bake at 350 until top is golden, about 30+ minutes
Makes 4 portions

Remember veggies, cheese and egg all have carbs, so track your carbs

Cheiny

Post Wed, Jan 06 2021, 8:34 pm
mommyW wrote:
Any ideas for dairy supper that's low carb? Not including fish or eggplant parmesan.
Tia!

Cheese omelets
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals