Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
My little girl needs glasses:(
Previous  1  2

losingweight

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:32 pm
A few of my kids got glasses at a young age. 3 years old. My husband was the more heartbroken one until we realized that we are so lucky that we live in an age that eyes can be corrected with glasses. Hundred years ago, a child with an eye problem couldn't learn to read and stayed illiterate forever. Girls and boys alike. Bh my boys with their high prescription magnifying glasses are learning amazing TYH. I shudder to think of the alternative.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you all so much for the kind words and support. So we already went to the glasses store and I let her pick whatever she wanted since I wanted her to excited. The frames are cute but definitely not subtle and chic.

But I wanted her to be happy!! So I got the ones she chose.

Even if inside I’m sad.

I understand why this can cause you anxiety because it seems so permanent even though rationally you know it’s not a big deal and by fifth grade probably at least half or her class will have glasses. But she will look just as beautiful. There are plenty of child models with glasses. I used to have a clothing business and I often hired models with glasses. It’s unique and gives a personality.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi all,

I’m feeling kind of sad and can’t really express that in real life. My beautiful little not-yet 5 year old daughter will need to wear glasses due to astigmatism in one eye. I’m upset. She has such a yummy little face that will now be obstructed by these glasses sitting there all day, all the time.
Of course, to her I’ve only acted super excited and positive about the whole thing. And thank G-d so far she seems to be taking it well.

But me...I’m having a hard time.
I’m going to miss her unobstructed pure little face. I’m going to miss seeing her beautiful eyes without glass in the way.

Your feelings are understandable but next time you’re feeling down about it think of all those people who have sick, even incurable kids who’d give anything to just need glasses for their beloved children.
You’ll get used to the idea.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:42 pm
My DS got glasses at 3 for astigmatism, by the age of 5 the dr. Said he doesn't need them anymore. Now my 3 yr old DD got glasses for astigmatism as well.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:51 pm
My son got glasses before he turned one. It didn’t bother me, I was happy it was an easily fixable problem, but some people freaked out when they heard he needs glasses! I’ll never understand why they felt the need to share that feeling with me if I was fine with the whole thing.

Anyway people went nuts over how cute he looked. Wherever I went people would stop me and tell me how adorable his glasses were! It’s a few years later and he looks weird without his glasses.

Side point he never took them off because he felt that they helped him see.

bnm

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 8:04 pm
When my kid got glasses at 2 I had people ask me if they are real. I said yes. There is no way I'm spending over $300 on a fashion item.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 8:10 pm
bnm wrote:
When my kid got glasses at 2 I had people ask me if they are real. I said yes. There is no way I'm spending over $300 on a fashion item.

Lol me too! I had a pj top for him that said yes my glasses are real!

shanarishona

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 9:29 pm
My ds was diagnosed with astigmatism at his 12 month check up. It took him a long time to get used the glasses.

He doesn’t feel that he sees better. Most of the time he wears them out of routine but sometimes not.

He had trouble with the mask fogging them. I bought him a spray that works BH!

Pm if any questions

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 10:10 pm
My 3 year old son has glasses. He got them a week before his upshernish so it was two big changes so quick! Although I love kids in glasses it was hard having him change so much in a week but he looks so so so cute in both glasses and his haircut I couldn't imagine him any other way now and ppl go crazy over him Bli Ayin Hara.
He is actually one of 4 in his class who has glasses and he says he is in the glasses club Smile

Perrys

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 9:41 am
My 3 year old got glasses at 1.5 years
He is the cutest thing
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers