Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Instagram feud cosmopolitan cover
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 5:07 pm
Everyone's keeps on talking about the Instagram feud yesterday with the Cosmopolitan cover anyone knows details about it??

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 5:11 pm
This?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvand.....over/
Btw I think Morgan is totally right

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 5:11 pm
I don't know about it. I googled the cover and I see three beautiful normal looking women.

Optione

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 6:28 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
This?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvand.....over/
Btw I think Morgan is totally right

About what specifically?

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 6:33 pm
Optione wrote:
About what specifically?

About obesity not being beautiful or healthy

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 6:46 pm
One instagrammer named Sarah lastly posted her opinion about the cosmopolitan cover that has an overweight person with the caption this is heathy. And then another Instagram person names Mimi Hecht from Mimumaxi shared her opinion and with out naming Sarah basically bashed her opinion.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 6:47 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
About obesity not being beautiful or healthy

Thanks for the compliment
And what if your daughter was obese?

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 6:49 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Thanks for the compliment
And what if your daughter was obese?

I would find ways to make sure she felt good about herself (like complimenting her beautiful face, hair etc) while helping her to become healthier because I care about her

naomi2

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 6:49 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
I don't know about it. I googled the cover and I see three beautiful normal looking women.

The first woman in the floral bikini looks healthy but the rest do not, obesity is huge factor in heart disease, strokes, and diabetes. Three of the top main causes of death for americans. How is that healthy? I'm not talking about beauty, that is in the yet if the beholder, but you can't argue with the facts, obesity is not healthy.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 6:52 pm
Mimi is very anti diet culture. Into intuitive eating etc and talks a lot about it and her journey on her page. Sarah was saying that she was very overweight and she wasn't healthy and thinks cosmopolitan is sending the wrong message with that cover.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 6:53 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
I would find ways to make sure she felt good about herself (like complimenting her beautiful face, hair etc) while helping her to become healthier because I care about her

Disgusting . I feel bad for your kids and grandkids.
I’m obese and I’m healthier than my 115 pound mother. I eat healthier, I lead a healthier lifestyle in general , and a year ago when I needed all kinds of tests (because some idiot doctor, like you, assumed I was unhealthy because of my weight), they all came back with perfect numbers. Not borderline ok, but beyond that.
Sorry to burst your bubble
I’m out of this thread

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 6:56 pm
Obesity is not a moral issue, but it is a medical issue. Why can’t we differentiate?

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 6:59 pm
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and can share it and make their point with out attacking another person.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:02 pm
being obese doesn't equal unhealthy. Regardless, it's not smart for a magazine cover to show someone "obese" and say this is healthy. I would write "this can be healthy".
you can be anti diet and into intuitive eating without bashing and attacking another person who says something different than you, especially something that many doctors will back.
it's not personal. idk why people are getting so offensive.
this was cancel culture to a whole 'nother level.

Stars

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:03 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and can share it and make their point with out attacking another person.

people can be healthy despite their above average weight . It’s not an opinion. It’s a fact. Facts don’t require your approval.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:08 pm
Stars wrote:
people can be healthy despite their above average weight . It’s not an opinion. It’s a fact. Facts don’t require your approval.

but to say this IS healthy is lulling people into a false belief system. I understand we have to undo the damage of years and years of stick figure models on magazine covers but the opposite extreme is not healthy either.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:16 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Disgusting . I feel bad for your kids and grandkids.
I’m obese and I’m healthier than my 115 pound mother. I eat healthier, I lead a healthier lifestyle in general , and a year ago when I needed all kinds of tests (because some idiot doctor, like you, assumed I was unhealthy because of my weight), they all came back with perfect numbers. Not borderline ok, but beyond that.
Sorry to burst your bubble
I’m out of this thread

That's fantastic good for you. But just know that you're the exception and not the rule and there's no need to attack me

octopus

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:24 pm
Im so disgusted. So that old overweight man with the turkey gobbler chin was slamming the young woman in the bikini? She looks just fine to me. Ewww. He should look at himself in the mirror.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:28 pm
There is no realistic threat of people becoming obese on purpose when it is normalized.

workout geek

Post Thu, Jan 07 2021, 7:28 pm
Just because someone is thin it does not mean they are healthy. They may "look better"in our thin obsessed society but not be any healthier.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise