Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Instagram

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 10:48 am
I generally stay away from Instagram but was on recently. I was so bothered with what I saw. I have noticed a lot of movement to the left. For example, I have seen bloggers who would adhere to general guidelines are no longer anymore. I am not out to judge anyone. Everyone has their own challenges and choices. But, if followers are not Jewish and then see this... it doesn’t look good at all. Curious what others would say abt this topic.

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 10:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I generally stay away from Instagram but was on recently. I was so bothered with what I saw. I have noticed a lot of movement to the left. For example, I have seen bloggers who would adhere to general guidelines are no longer anymore. I am not out to judge anyone. Everyone has their own challenges and choices. But, if followers are not Jewish and then see this... it doesn’t look good at all. Curious what others would say abt this topic.

Yes, I agree. Instagram is a disgusting place. People have lost their shame and dignity. I cannot for the life of mine understand how a supposedly frum women is comfortable with her account being public for the world to see.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 10:51 am
Can you be more specific?

I’m also against Instagram btw. It’s all fake.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 10:53 am
I agree it’s all fake.
From wigs to wearing hair etc

hodeez

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 10:59 am
Social media is poison. Have you ever felt better after a scrolling session? Do all these beautiful women and gorgeous children help me in my personal life ? Heck no. Just a waste of time and mentally harmful.

clowny

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 11:09 am
I agree.
I don’t have Instagram anymore. I was so disgusted and I got off.

sky

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 11:30 am
I think it’s big social expirement
How will kids be when they grow up when their every action is documented to the world multiple times a day.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 11:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

This is very vague. No naming names, but if they’re “to the left”, why would non-Jews have a problem with their content? They love converting people to their point of view.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 11:57 am
Not on Instagram

What does to the left mean? Religiously? Politically?

PeanutMama

Post Fri, Jan 08 2021, 12:14 pm
That’s why I only follow people or accounts I relate to lol.
And I love hasidiminusa!

Not gonna lie I feel like a certain cooking and house making account makes me feel I’m not a great house maker or cook so sadly even tho I love this person’s positivity etc the perfect modern clean house gets to me lol. I always look at my own messy lived in place and criiiiinge!

So I unfollowed them and others like this account

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 10:49 am
That's why the vast majority of people I follow are nonjewish brands, or nonjewish people.

I don't like the frum people on instagram.

amother
Puce

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 8:45 pm
I’m appalled by what I’ve seen on ‘frum’ Instagram. Just the other week one of the wig makers was posting ‘hot’ women wearing their wigs, saying ‘look at these hot ladies’ or something like that. I don’t think that’s what hashem had in mind.
Another frum one has such fake lips with fillers galore that she’s posting her pouty faces on. It’s obvious you are not natural lol!!
Others try to dress head to toe in designer merch and take pictures of themselves or even worse, reels, in provocative poses. This is not frum living.
This is obviously not all Instagramers. Some are different and some are just advertising what they sell.

amother
Ruby

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 10:28 pm
I got rid of it when I realized how much anxiety it was giving me! I felt so free!
I actually have a business which was always my excuse for staying on it, well, guess what? my business wasnt affected whatsoever! not only that, because my clients started to come more and more from word of mouth, I solidified myself in a luxury crowd and now my clients spend an average of 3-4x as much as they used to!
no regret whatsoever, I dont think ill ever put it back on my phone!

amother
Turquoise

Post Sat, Jan 09 2021, 11:16 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
I’m appalled by what I’ve seen on ‘frum’ Instagram. Just the other week one of the wig makers was posting ‘hot’ women wearing their wigs, saying ‘look at these hot ladies’ or something like that. I don’t think that’s what hashem had in mind.
Another frum one has such fake lips with fillers galore that she’s posting her pouty faces on. It’s obvious you are not natural lol!!
Others try to dress head to toe in designer merch and take pictures of themselves or even worse, reels, in provocative poses. This is not frum living.
This is obviously not all Instagramers. Some are different and some are just advertising what they sell.

It is totally untzenius for woman to pose or put up video feeds of themselves.
It goes against the concept of מה טובו אהוליך יעקב
A frum, heimish and especially a chasidish woman should not be an Instagram influencer, it is unbecoming and unfitting.
And what about their male followers being exposed to all this?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media