Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
My 2.5 year old is asking to nurse
Previous  1  2

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 3:30 am
#BestBubby wrote:
I heard mothers milk is not kosher except gor babies.

It’s only a problem to actually nurse. Expressed is fine.

Shuly

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 3:54 am
I've had this a few times. I just tell them that Mommy's milk is only yummy for babies.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 7:26 am
#BestBubby wrote:
toy dinosaurs for a frum child???

Oy. What’s wrong with that ?

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 7:33 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Oy. What’s wrong with that ?

Not a kosher animal ?
I know Chabad only allows toys that are Kosher animals (ie: stuffed cow ok but stuffed bear no)

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 9:16 am
I nursed mine till he was 3.5. He’s much better off because of it. Very happy and adjusted.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 9:19 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
I nursed mine till he was 3.5. He’s much better off because of it. Very happy and adjusted.

OP problem is that her 2.5 year old is asking to nurse when he see's her feeding the baby. Your post isn't a solution for OP.... she can't start nursing him again now.

banana123

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 5:44 pm
OP, maybe you can offer the 2.5yo a special toy or treat available only when you nurse the baby?

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 5:46 pm
#BestBubby wrote:

Nonsense. Who decides what’s still a baby?

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 5:47 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
toy dinosaurs for a frum child???

Lol. In case you’re not being sarcastic, then don’t ever come visit my house. My little one is obsessed with dinosaurs. My older ones were too at that age.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 8:34 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Lol. In case you’re not being sarcastic, then don’t ever come visit my house. My little one is obsessed with dinosaurs. My older ones were too at that age.

Or mine for that matter.

I was going to send in my sons dinosaur for show n tell tomorrow but now I’m second guessing myself.

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 9:04 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
m

It’s obviously only a problem in some circles, not mine!

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 10:05 pm
I don’t see any reason to allow a 2.5 yr old to start nursing again or to taste expressed milk. I told my DD that the baby can only have mother’s milk and formula and the baby isn’t allowed to have any other food like (insert 3-4 examples of toddler’s favorite foods) and that she’s so lucky that she’s big and gets to have so many different types of foods. I also liked what a previous poster said, that you can tell her that she nursed when she was a little baby. Maybe show her some pictures of you holding her when she was a baby.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 10:33 pm
#BestBubby wrote:

Expressed mother's milk is kosher parve for anyone.

I once heard a story, don't remember where of someone who was a guest and the host served a really delicious parve cheesecake (or some other dessert like that, I don't remember). Later the guest commented how it was so good, it tasted milchig, and the host told him cheerfully that the secret was using pumped milk. Surprised

Not to derail the thread or anything... I don't have any good advice for OP so carry on folks.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 10:36 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:

I once heard a story, don't remember where of someone who was a guest and the host served a really delicious parve cheesecake (or some other dessert like that, I don't remember). Later the guest commented how it was so good, it tasted milchig, and the host told him cheerfully that the secret was using pumped milk. Surprised

Not to derail the thread or anything... I don't have any good advice for OP so carry on folks.

Eeeew gross!!
Must be abubbe maisa

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 10:37 pm

Puke I hope this story is a joke, yuck.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 10:58 pm

A very similar story actually happened to someone I know, no joke!

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 11:48 pm
A child is allowed to continue nursing until whatever age (there may be different opinions) as long as they don't stop of their own accord.

When they stop, they can't resume after they are 2 years old. However, if they stopped because they were ill, and then a few days later ask again, one may nurse them.

I had this shayla when I came home from the hospital the day my daughter turned two, IIRC. I told the Rov that she didn't stop of her own volition but because the milk tasted off to her (or I had too many cramps & kept making excuses) but now I wanted to try tandem nursing.

He said it was no worse than putting a food in front of a child on Yom Kippur. Again, IIRC. (Said child is a Mom of many by now). I don't know what Yom Kippur would have to do with it since clearly the child is allowed to eat.

Bekitzur I did try tandem nursing because I thought the older one would be less jealous. But turned out it took away from my being able to relax while nursing the baby. I just found it too irritating when the toddler kept wanting to join the party.

Much better to have a special new toy that the toddler only gets while you're nursing. Or maybe let them sit on the other side & read them a book when necessary.

lucky14

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 12:14 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
A very similar story actually happened to someone I know, no joke!

I don't believe it. Nobody would do that. HOW could somebody do that and think it's OK???

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 1:03 am
lucky14 wrote:
I don't believe it. Nobody would do that. HOW could somebody do that and think it's OK???

It was by a Shabbos meal in Israel. I have no idea!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics