Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Cabin fever. 12th day of bidud and going nuts
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 5:05 am
it's our 12th day of bidud but since our DS tested negative his bidud STARTS when ours ENDS. I am so sick of this bidud I am going NUTS. I am walking around with a fog in my brain and I've been doing totally fine up until now. I've been exercising, I've been keeping schedules and right now I am just DONE.

plus a little vent that no one really listens to me if I express this. they just have a "helpful" suggestion of some craft I can do with my kids.

I just need someone to hear ME. THAT. I. AM. DONE. WITH. FREAKING. BIDUD

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 5:21 am
Tip: they don't come check on you on Shabbat or in the middle of the night...

Success10

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 5:32 am
BTDT, it's horrible, I know. If you actually were sick with Corona, your bidud is only 10 days, not 2 weeks. But yes, they add on for all other family members another 2 weeks starting from when you are "released".

Success10

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 6:03 am
I just want to validate you a bit more. After I got out of biddud, I told someone that our whole home was in such bad state, physically and emotionally, from the lockdown. And she told me she just heard of two families that filed for divorce after biddud. Meaning, they might have had issues before biddud, but that was what finished it for them. Just to drive home the point of how bad biddud is, and to validate whatever you're going through mentally, and shalom bayis-wise. It's very rough. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. And you're not going through it alone.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 6:07 am
Thank you! I just feel like I'm at the point when I express myself to others, they say, oh let me send you a list of things to do. im not asking them for things to do!!!! at this point I am just run out of steam! I am so lucky that my kids are doing so well in bidud ( I know, you're probably wondering why I am complaining)

but it's day 12 and I've lasted this long so that is a pretty good thing. if they would be really hard for me in bidud I would have lasted maybe half a day.

I think part of my frustration is the whole trapping-in-house bit and I can't even get to the mikva

Success10

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 6:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you! I just feel like I'm at the point when I express myself to others, they say, oh let me send you a list of things to do. im not asking them for things to do!!!! at this point I am just run out of steam! I am so lucky that my kids are doing so well in bidud ( I know, you're probably wondering why I am complaining)

but it's day 12 and I've lasted this long so that is a pretty good thing. if they would be really hard for me in bidud I would have lasted maybe half a day.

I think part of my frustration is the whole trapping-in-house bit and I can't even get to the mikva

If you got a positive result 10 or more days ago, (and you no longer have fever, serious cough, maybe a few other symptoms) your kuppah should give you a michtav shichrur and you should certainly be allowed to go to the mikvah, supermarket. Are you on meuchedet? Did you try *9506?
Not all lingering symptoms mean you are still contagious, like loss of sense of smell, lethargy or subtle cough, which can linger for weeks, or even months.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 6:17 am
Right, but I'm not yet at ten days.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 6:23 am
Meaning I'm on my 12th day of bidud but probably my 8th day since getting our corona test

chanchy123

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 6:29 am
Hang in there, we hear you, sounds very difficult, just give yourself some slack for the next few days until you’re done. It’s ok if you just do nothing and vegetate.
How old is your son? You and DH will be able to take turns leaving him at home and just going out.

WitchKitty

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 6:32 am
If you live in a place where people aren't around late at night I would say go out tonight. My aunt was with her whole family in bidud and they would go out for walks at 3 am. (and sleep all day) no one was around then to infect anyway, plus they wore masks and didn't touch anything to be sure.
I know, it's just crazy when you can't get out. That's the whole point of jail.

LisaS

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 6:36 am
12 days is a long time. It zaps all your mental and emotional energy!

Elfrida

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 7:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Meaning I'm on my 12th day of bidud but probably my 8th day since getting our corona test

What's probably? Do you remember the date? Or has the whole situation completely fried your brains? You should be released ten days after the date of the test, not ten days after results. The truth is that right now there are so many new diagnoses that we're barely keeping up with that, and some releases are being delayed just because we don't have time to get to them.

If you phone your local clinic when they are open, the nurse should be able to check it for you. (If you are in Meuhedet and want to pm me with your details, I can also check it and deal with the shichrur if necessary when I am in work tomorrow.)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 9:09 am
Thanks for the validation!

Yeah I mean I say probably because it's all so hazy but our earliest corona positive (meaning the original gangster who sent us all into getting tested and stuff) is already released but it was automatic

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 9:16 am
The Israeli government has gone crazy!

Success10

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 9:19 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
The Israeli government has gone crazy!

Listen, everything is relative. Have you seen the US government recently?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 6:07 am
ASDKFJAFIUHA;ERUFNSKLDZJNVSAOIJC;DZNVSOIFSDKLFZKJZDJDDIFIOISAD

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

GOINGNUTS

HOW MANY HOURS CAN MY KIDS WATCH NETFLIXXX????

this feels messed up totally and completely. I feel like I am losing brain cells

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 7:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

This has been going on for almost a year now. Why hasn't the Rabanut come up with a portable mikvah yet? Like an RV but with an opening to collect rainwater drive right up to your house, you hop in, hop out, pay a fee with your credit card...

dilego

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 7:09 am
We just finished bidud on friday. My son who sent us in to bidud had been in bidud cheder for 5 days b4 his test and he continued staying in the room and separate bathroom for another 11 days as he only came out with a mask for a couple of short minutes then we came out at the same time. Plus we all had 2 negatives on day 5 and 8 after his positive. I went walking at 5.30 in the morning it was worth gettung up in the dark. Just for the psichological part.

Duggie

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 7:10 am
That's a great idea!

Imagine, wow I see the mikva truck is outside our building! I wonder who has to go? lol I would do it but it's such a weird thing LOL

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 7:13 am
Op: you deserve all the validation in the world. I've cheated every time I've supposed to be in bidud, but even with cheating it's hard.

It makes matters worse when Americans say "oh, we were fine during quarantine. We drove to parks and the beaches, went camping..." And it's like "that's not quarantine, that's just the lite lite American version where schools and some stores are closed!"
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions