Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Whats up with WhatsApp?
1  2  3  4  Next

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 8:10 am
I read the new thing with facebook or whatever it was, but I don’t understand it. What am I agreeing to? Any different than before? Thanks!

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 8:13 am
Sharing more information to use on Facebook ads and stuff.

If something is free than YOU are the price. You are what they are selling... Well your information is.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 8:36 am
What information? I mostly use it like a text. Is it not private? They can share what I post someone? Yes, I’m really dumb when it comes to these things. Rolling Eyes

srbmom

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 8:41 am
I don't think they really want access to your texts (although they legally could do that too). But the new changes allows them to take any personal information from your account - your telephone number, your contacts names and numbers, what businesses you interact with - and share all that with third parties

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 8:42 am
They can use any info about you and your WhatsApp to track anything about you.

Big tech is controlling us in no way like before.
We are living under communism so this should be expected.

ohmygosh

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 8:42 am
This is why a lot of people are switching to Signal.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 9:06 am
ohmygosh wrote:

What is signal?

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 9:08 am
Every site has some censorship. You can't yell fire in a crowded theater, and you can't incite violence online. Yael may also have your IP address. Welcome to modern tech. Any time you give a company your phone number, they use it for advertising. They're not taking information off your phone. They're taking information you have already been giving. them. Its good to protect yourself if you're private, but really the only thing you can do is go offline altogether.

ohmygosh

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 9:09 am
yo'ma wrote:
What is signal?

Another app similar to WhatsApp that does not use any of your info for anything and remains private.
I joined last night as did many other people because of Twitter and FB blocking pro-Trump ideas.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 9:13 am
ohmygosh wrote:
Another app similar to WhatsApp that does not use any of your info for anything and remains private.
I joined last night as did many other people because of Twitter and FB blocking pro-Trump ideas.

If it’s free they will use your private info.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 9:15 am
I would love to switch, but I need WhatsApp for work and everyone I know has WhatsApp and that’s how I communicate with them because it’s long distance. I would love to switch otherwise. Sad

Duggie

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 9:16 am
Is signal like Telegram?

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 9:18 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Every site has some censorship. You can't yell fire in a crowded theater, and you can't incite violence online. Yael may also have your IP address. Welcome to modern tech. Any time you give a company your phone number, they use it for advertising. They're not taking information off your phone. They're taking information you have already been giving. them. Its good to protect yourself if you're private, but really the only thing you can do is go offline altogether.

There’s definitely something keeping track here, otherwise you wouldn’t post as the same color every time you post anonymous within a thread, and you wouldn’t get emails letting you know about new comments within a post, even when you are amother.

Brachie69

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 9:51 am
Not getting the big deal about this. If you have Facebook, Instagram, Amazon etc. they are already tracking and using your personal data anyway.

Welcome to 2021, there is virtually no true privacy left in the world.

ohmygosh

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 10:32 am
Brachie69 wrote:
Not getting the big deal about this. If you have Facebook, Instagram, Amazon etc. they are already tracking and using your personal data anyway.

Welcome to 2021, there is virtually no true privacy left in the world.

Because WhatsApp was a separate entity before it became part of the Mark Zuckerberg era.

This is going to be a new level of sharing information. If it wasn't, they wouldn't force you to agree to the new privacy rules.

ohmygosh

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 10:33 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
There’s definitely something keeping track here, otherwise you wouldn’t post as the same color every time you post anonymous within a thread, and you wouldn’t get emails letting you know about new comments within a post, even when you are amother.

There are different levels of sharing/keeping info. You cant compare this site to WhatsApp sharing your info with Facebook.

ohmygosh

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 10:34 am
yo'ma wrote:
I would love to switch, but I need WhatsApp for work and everyone I know has WhatsApp and that’s how I communicate with them because it’s long distance. I would love to switch otherwise. Sad

I haven't deleted WhatsApp yet. I did download Signal. The more the word gets out about Signal, the more people will join.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 10:36 am
ohmygosh wrote:

Lots people I know are switching

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 10:36 am
should be called "whatamess" and "whatasucker" selling info etc

switch to telegram and signal as many are doing now -- so smart

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 10:38 am
ohmygosh you mean more like the "LACK of privacy rules..." ;(
thankfully there are other options B"H
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media