Home

I’m still shaking- CAN WE PLEASE CHANGE THIS!
Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Copper
 

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 3:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Google maps diagram if anyone want to know what I am referring to. Red lines is where they were crossing
https://I.imgur.com/I7pa9F8.jpg


Oh emm gee!!! I'm having heart palpitations!! Why are pedestrians even walking there??? And kids alone? My oh my!!
A campaign is a good idea. Someone should team up with chaveirim and hatzolah to campaign to spread awareness. Hang posters around town, put in ads in the paper, go around with a megaphone, anything it takes.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 3:23 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Oh emm gee!!! I'm having heart palpitations!! Why are pedestrians even walking there??? And kids alone? My oh my!!
A campaign is a good idea. Someone should team up with chaveirim and hatzolah to campaign to spread awareness. Hang posters around town, put in ads in the paper, go around with a megaphone, anything it takes.


I know. I’m almost in tears! Still can’t believe it happened.
I just wish we can get more people on this campaign. Not just talking but real ACTION! For once and for all!
Back to top

amother




Red
 

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 3:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know. I’m almost in tears! Still can’t believe it happened.
I just wish we can get more people on this campaign. Not just talking but real ACTION! For once and for all!

Rechnitz seems to care about Lakewood. Reach out to him.
Back to top

amother




Chartreuse
 

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 3:33 pm
Good on you op for taking action. Hopefully someone agrees to work on it.
Back to top

amother




Copper
 

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 3:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know. I’m almost in tears! Still can’t believe it happened.
I just wish we can get more people on this campaign. Not just talking but real ACTION! For once and for all!


You be the nachshon and take the first step. Call chaveirim, reach out to askanim, family and friends to help you. I'll email chaveirim ih.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 3:38 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
You be the nachshon and take the first step. Calm chaveirim, reach out to askanim, family and friends to help you. I'll email chaveirim ih.


Thank you so much for making that step. Words don’t get you anywhere, actions do.
Back to top

bunchagirlies




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 4:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I wish I knew of someone to contact. It’s getting worse and worse and I don’t want this to end with accidents and people getting hurt C”V

When will people wake up?! After precious children are killed C”V? Hundreds of accidents?


If you PM me I can give you the name and number of someone there that can likely help. Tell him your story-make it sound exactly as scary as it was! These people don't get it!!!!
Back to top

mirror




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 6:00 pm
Make a petition to get your local government involved. They need to build a crossing bridge and post signs up saying "use crossing bridge". Post signs up in the local hotels also.

In the meantime, contact the local police department and let them know what's going on. Maybe they can send an officer out there to direct traffic when there is a time when incidents most likely will occur.
Back to top

Notsobusy




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 6:25 pm
I just checked out the map and I can't even figure out where these kids were going. It seems like there aren't any houses or stores that they would be interested in that are really close by. Is this a common issue in this area, or are these kids who wandered away from home and are too young to know the difference between the ramp and a small side street?

When my dd and her friends were about 5, they wandered away one afternoon. We all thought they were in the other neighbors house. They walked to a major road, but at least they were smart enough to ask an adult to cross them. I'm not sure what she was thinking that she crossed them instead of taking them home. But it's not like this was a problem in the neighborhood that little kids were crossing this major road, it was a mistake and we made sure it NEVER happened again.

I wonder if this is the same kind of story. To me it doesn't sound like the other thread where people are purposely walking on Rt 70 and purposely crossing Rt 9 in middle of the road. I hope nobody is stupid enough to think it's ok to cross by this ramp. I really hope I'm right!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 6:39 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
I just checked out the map and I can't even figure out where these kids were going. It seems like there aren't any houses or stores that they would be interested in that are really close by. Is this a common issue in this area, or are these kids who wandered away from home and are too young to know the difference between the ramp and a small side street?

When my dd and her friends were about 5, they wandered away one afternoon. We all thought they were in the other neighbors house. They walked to a major road, but at least they were smart enough to ask an adult to cross them. I'm not sure what she was thinking that she crossed them instead of taking them home. But it's not like this was a problem in the neighborhood that little kids were crossing this major road, it was a mistake and we made sure it NEVER happened again.

I wonder if this is the same kind of story. To me it doesn't sound like the other thread where people are purposely walking on Rt 70 and purposely crossing Rt 9 in middle of the road. I hope nobody is stupid enough to think it's ok to cross by this ramp. I really hope I'm right!


I wish so too. The kids were walking home from the stores on rt 9 with bags. They know exactly where they are going (home) but obviously are clueless of traffic safety.
There are developments on rt 70 where they live. I’ve seen ladies walking and even high school girls after dusk! which is super crazy but today was a whole new level.
Back to top

Notsobusy




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 6:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I wish so too. The kids were walking home from the stores on rt 9 with bags. They know exactly where they are going (home) but obviously are clueless of traffic safety.
There are developments on rt 70 where they live. I’ve seen ladies walking and even high school girls after dusk! which is super crazy but today was a whole new level.


I never drive on that part of rt 70. That's so irresponsible and dangerous!
Back to top

amother




Silver
 

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 10:30 pm
its crazy! Ive seen mothers with strollers strolling on the 70 as if its 13th ave. What are they thinking??? I think that non drivers are so clueless about highway safety but to allow young children to cross in that area is completely neglectful! I wouldve brought these children to the police station, some mother needs to learn a big lesson.
Please anyone who can help out here, these people need more awareness.
Back to top

amother




Ivory
 

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 10:57 pm
A few years ago the town had a whole campaign on how to cross the street What happened? Nothing a few years ago Hatzalla had a campaign, What happened? Nothing What is a campaign going to do? Nothing
Back to top

amother




White
 

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 11:01 pm
See post below from another thread indicating this is not a new problem and not limited to Chassidim. Maybe you'll be able to brainstorm more productive solutions if you are able to view the problem honestly without bias.

amother [ Navy ] wrote:
[This] is not a new issue as someone who has bean living in Lakewood on and off for the last 30 years(I keep trying to leave and get yank back Lakewood is a whirlpool everyone gets sucked in).

Were to start?

This is not a Chassidish problem, pedestrian have been a problem way before all the new Chassidish developments, in another thread I wrote in North Lakewood you have men pushing strollers in middle of the street in South Lakewood you have women pushing strollers in the street-Are men mad that women took over their job?

This is a "collage town" and every collage town has a problem with pedestrian traffic.

The town has been "promising" that they will help pedestrian traffic for more years then I have been living here.

In 2000 the big plan was to cut Lakewood into 11 parts and every year put sidewalks in that part after 11 years the whole Lakewood would have sidewalks. Sounds good right? They put sidewalks on Clifton and Forest and then ??? Right Before Coivd I asked what are they doing about this plan and well it ani't happening.

A few years ago the town did a traffic study to study traffic, the problem it only studied cars and how to control them forgetting that Lakewood has a big pedestrian traffic problem. A better study would be to study all types of traffic walking, biking,hiching, and driving. The traffic study made more problems then it solved. Look at the light on 1st and Clifton.

I can not think of off hand what will solve the traffic problem one thing they need to get real on making developers put in sidewalks an both sides of the street and by stores like in back of Evergreen.
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Jan 10 2021, 11:23 pm
I just had an idea... Get dash cams.. they really aren't expensive. Video your drive. And post that to youtube. Whatsapp.. etc.. spread the videos. Especially good if you get short stops and sudden light changes
Back to top

mirror




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 1:26 am
singleagain wrote:
I just had an idea... Get dash cams.. they really aren't expensive. Video your drive. And post that to youtube. Whatsapp.. etc.. spread the videos. Especially good if you get short stops and sudden light changes


Read reviews on Amazon. They have cheap ones that can plug into your power port if you don't want to pay to have it installed.
Back to top
Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

Page 2 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Where to get a good oil change
by amother
2 Yesterday at 5:22 am View last post
How would you change your lifestyle? 3 Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:00 pm View last post
Are tiros still in for the summer?
by amother
2 Tue, Apr 20 2021, 3:04 pm View last post
Looking to change pediatricians in Flatbush
by amother
9 Mon, Apr 12 2021, 1:10 am View last post
So who's still counting? 194 Mon, Apr 05 2021, 10:34 pm View last post