Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Shloime Zionce and Peter Santanello series on Chassidim
  Previous  1  2  3 11  12  13 17  18  19  Next

cbsp

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:41 am
freilich wrote:

Shterny if your here, you Rock!

Lol Hakuvid to you and your family.

She posted about it on LinkedIn:

https://www.linkedin.com/posts.....-gGks

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:42 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
It's not type just these people are not heimish chassidish so if you don't know what authentic chassidim look like you should know this isn't them. This is more ex chassidish type.

This is not how pupa, bobov, satmar, belz, klausenbarg people look like and not what you find in Williamsburg, BP, Monsey, Monroe. Some people may not realize that.

This is not how mainstream chabad looks either. So what?
So they're more lite than mainstream. Or maybe they're mainstream in their circles.
IMO it is low to criticize another Jew's shabbos table. Just like I tell me kids, we never make fun of the way another yid fulfills a mitzva. If another Jew has long payos or a different yiddish or hebrew accent when they daven or another minhag. We never criticize another Jew's mitzva. Leave that job to the non jews.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:51 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Back in the teeny tiny stifling box that not only has bubble wrap but also the handles on the box covered in masking tape so you cant peek out chas vshalom to see that there are chassidish schools that allow xyz.
What. A. Shanda. 📦📦📦📦

Get out of your bubble, people

Yes. Where I live. Because I live in a large chassidish city with only a handful of regular schools and the rest are all chassidish. So no, it's not quite like the tiny bubble wrapped repetitive aynalagy you describe.

Looks like you have some personal bias here. I did not attack the lovely family portrayed in the video but merely stated my opinions. Being that if Peter were to come to my very large chassidish community, this would definitely not be the average chassidish look.

Most non Jews don't expect to see a trendy up to date modern family described as 'Hasidim'

You can't change facts.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:53 am
Zehava wrote:
Huh
How the heck do you know who trims their beards? You think those nicely shaped beards that are just the right length naturally grow like that? I have a bridge to sell you.
As for Uman, what?

Exactly. Hardly any chassidish men have nicely shaped beards! They have no qualms keeping it natural. Most mustaches come over the lips... and the beards are often not symmetrical... Dont tell me they cut it this way on purpose.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:57 am
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Exactly. Hardly any chassidish men have nicely shaped beards! They have no qualms keeping it natural. Most mustaches come over the lips... and the beards are often not symmetrical... Dont tell me they cut it this way on purpose.
Plenty fold up their beards.

Zehava

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:59 am

I have no idea what rock you live under

avrahamama

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:01 am
Beards? Now we are at beards?

BEARDS!!?!?!?

essgee

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:05 am

what chasidish people are you talking about??
75% of men dont have mustaches coming over their lips. and lots and lots of men trim their beards, although lots of them may try to trim it in a way it should be so obvious, and then say 'their beard doesnt grow'

what circles are you hanging out with??

not even going anon for this, cant believe the stereotyping and hate going on here. wow!

essgee

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:06 am
Zehava wrote:

right?!

LovesHashem

Yes. Where I live. Because I live in a large chassidish city with only a handful of regular schools and the rest are all chassidish. So no, it's not quite like the tiny bubble wrapped repetitive aynalagy you describe.

Looks like you have some personal bias here. I did not attack the lovely family portrayed in the video but merely stated my opinions. Being that if Peter were to come to my very large chassidish community, this would definitely not be the average chassidish look.

Most non Jews don't expect to see a trendy up to date modern family described as 'Hasidim'

You can't change facts.

Most non jews don't know the difference between chassidim and ultra orthodox charedi/yeshivish.

So I personally take no issue with this as I think it's an average ultra orthodox shabbos table.

amother
Smokey

Zehava wrote:
Men who shave cannot be buried in many bais hachaims, like women who do not shave on the opposite end.

Rena K

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:07 am
I loved the video. It was a kiddush Hashem!

I think the reason why this thread derailed is because there is not really much to talk about. It was beautiful, that's all. So people want to analyze a little more, they discuss how they relate to it and whether it's an accurate portrayal. I think most thinking people know that there is no such thing as a truly accurate portrayal of anything. It was meant to give a flavor of shabbas to people who have never seen such a thing. It accomplished that goal. It wasn't meant for you to be able to show your co-worker, and say this is what my family looks like.

Remember, this is YouTube. Chill.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:11 am
You think these people look like typical heimish chassidish family from pupa, belz, satmar, klausenbarg, viznitz?

Ger? Bobov?

cnc

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:13 am
Men who shave cannot be buried in many bais hachaims, like women who do not shave on the opposite end.

Not many- satmar/monroe.

There's a whole nice big (chassidish) world outside of yours.

Zehava

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:13 am

We’re talking trimming here not full on shaving

essgee

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:18 am
Zehava wrote:
We’re talking trimming here not full on shaving

and not everyone is advertising they do it

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:31 am
I think splitting hairs on the variety of types of chassidish should be moved to its own spinoff.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:37 am
Lol. My husband shaves and I wear a nice long wig. I kind of look similar to shternie in the video so no, there's no hate here from me. Just having a discussion.

The chassidish way always was to be close to a Rebbe and follow in his ways. And follow his advice and guidelines. A lot of chilled chassidim these days just wear the shtreimel and like to be part of the community they grew up in but don't have connection to a Rebbe or mentor. So no, these are not the mainstream chassidim.

The typical chossid will call up his Rebbe or go to his tisch. Will sometimes travel from abroad to be there yomim toivim.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:41 am
Rena K wrote:
I loved the video. It was a kiddush Hashem!

I think the reason why this thread derailed is because there is not really much to talk about. It was beautiful, that's all. So people want to analyze a little more, they discuss how they relate to it and whether it's an accurate portrayal. I think most thinking people know that there is no such thing as a truly accurate portrayal of anything. It was meant to give a flavor of shabbas to people who have never seen such a thing. It accomplished that goal. It wasn't meant for you to be able to show your co-worker, and say this is what my family looks like.

Remember, this is YouTube. Chill.

It wasn't a portrayal period. It was Shabbas dinner in the home of this family. That's it.

There are 2 questions to ask.

did they change up anything because the camera was there?

was the editing done in such a way to really omit certain things, and focus on certain other things, reflecting editorial bias, which distorts what the filmmaker actually saw.

mochamix18

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:41 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Well this took an interesting turn.....

Are you bringing the popcorn or should I?
Page 12 of 19   Previous  1  2  3 11  12  13 17  18  19  Next Recent Topics