Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Shloime Zionce and Peter Santanello series on Chassidim
  Previous  1  2  3 16 17  18  19  Next

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 2:39 pm
Shterny, I loved watching the video so much that I even watched it again. I love how you create such a beautiful atmosphere!

So funny how people comment no divrei torah....of course there were divrei torah, but Peter didn't find it so relevant or interesting to include lol! obviously he cut the video a lot, so you have to realize that.

Question, do you always have such an elaborate menu? Or only when having guests. everything looked yum!
Were the guests relatives or friends?
I really felt like I was there!
Also, where do you buy the baby zucchini??

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:34 pm
Shloime Zionce's experience with Peter Santenello in the Hasidic Jewish World

octopus

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:51 pm
I don't know why some posters are all up in arms about the shabbos video. Looked like a leibedike house (in a good way! ) Was a very enjoyable video and thank you for the glimpse into your beautiful home. Shabbos looks like a lot of fun in your house for both kids and adults!

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:54 pm
I deleted what I wrote since I did not mean to yell at NCHR like that. I feel very bad about it. I would like to ask Hearty Appetite to please delete the quoted post. THank you.

Last edited by Mama Bear on Thu, Jan 14 2021, 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:58 pm
Shterny wrote:

Shterny Steinmetz 

Hello, Shterny, it was just ONE woman stirring the pot here. Everyone else was very impressed and admiring the video. Please please please don't take it to heart.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:04 pm
I loved the video. Shterny you are an amazing woman!

nchr

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:11 pm
Mama Bear, thank you for taking the time to write all of that. I'm sure it was very time confusing and sincere. I wish it would have been written a bit more vayich.

I feel people are taking things I said on other threads and bringing them in here and changing the context, or are also taking words other posters wrote and accusing me of saying them.

I do like quiet, but I don't expect everyone else to. I did think the entire world agreed people should be quiet during zemiros but learned that wasn't true a few months ago in another thread.

On this thread, all I said was that although it felt like choizek to me I realize how sincere these people were and that's amazing and that I didn't like the cleaner kissing the child and that the men and women interacting and clothing is not typical chassidish. It is really not being fair when other posters said the same and worse (just didn't mention the cleaner).

For example, I said the following a few pages back.

nchr wrote:
I just watched it again. Before I only saw the seuda part and it felt like choizek to me. However, the interview part at the beginning is very sincere. Yeah, their style isn't my thing (and she probably wouldn't like the atmosphere in my home) and I don't love how she implied there are extremist everywhere, suggesting she is middle of the road chassidish when that's not the case at all. However, they sre clearly extremely nice, warm people who are providing youtube a positive frum experience. And yes, I still am very turned off by the cleaner kissing the baby, but I am respecting what these people sincerely tried to do.

Last edited by nchr on Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:52 pm; edited 3 times in total

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:11 pm
Shterny wrote:

1) My place at the table. 

If it were up to my husband, I would sit next to him always. Every shabbes. Why? Because he believes and treats me as his equal. Because a TRUE king can sit with his Queen at the head and not feel inferior. We are a team! 

I hope that each of you are in such a marriage where your respective husband's see you as their partner, as their team mate and as their Queen. THAT is yiddishkeit!!! 

stupid question but out of curiousity, does the bolded mean that you don't always sit there? where do you usually sit?

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:15 pm
Shterny, you inspired me to make my Shabbos table nicer this week. I'm sure you inspired many other people too. You have a huge zechus.

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:17 pm
Deleted

Last edited by HeartyAppetite on Thu, Jan 14 2021, 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:18 pm
Nchr. The cleaner also baby sits the children.
If you have a babysitter coming in every day and watching your baby and toddler you would find it odd if she hugged and kissed your children?

I understand you wouldn't have a non jew babysit. But that's the issue then, not that she's a cleaner. Because she doesn't just clean.

nchr

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:20 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
I think you are being too harsh. I would feel very attacked and hurt if you would be addressing me.

I am just being confused with another poster or having comments I made on a different thread be brought in here even though they are unrelated to what I wrote here. It's ok, I guess I should just be more careful of what I write even though I'm honestly not trying to be condescending or judgmental.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:26 pm
nchr wrote:
I am just being confused with another poster or having comments I made on a different thread be brought in here even though they are unrelated to what I wrote here. It's ok, I guess I should just be more careful of what I write even though I'm honestly not trying to be condescending or judgmental.

Those comments were extremely rude and obnoxious and also against Imamother rules. I reported it.

nchr

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:27 pm
Coffee I appreciate that very much. I also feel uncomfortable with another poster being called out because of me, are you able to erase your post? I'll erase mine.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:31 pm
Nchr I believe you said you felt the children were wild and mentioned how they should sit through a full seduah.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not bringing past threads into this. You mentioned this I believe on this thread.

Zehava

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:38 pm
Mama bear as you mentioned you just hopped onto imamother today. If someone posts under their username I suggest you get some more background before jumping down their throat.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 11:08 pm
nchr wrote:
Mama Bear, thank you for taking the time to write all of that. I'm sure it was very time confusing and sincere. I wish it would have been written a bit more vayich.

I feel people are taking things I said on other threads and bringing them in here and changing the context, or are also taking words other posters wrote and accusing me of saying them.

I do like quiet, but I don't expect everyone else to. I did think the entire world agreed people should be quiet during zemiros but learned that wasn't true a few months ago in another thread.

On this thread, all I said was that although it felt like choizek to me I realize how sincere these people were and that's amazing and that I didn't like the cleaner kissing the child and that the men and women interacting and clothing is not typical chassidish. It is really not being fair when other posters said the same and worse (just didn't mention the cleaner).

For example, I said the following a few pages back.

I apologize if I came across as harsh. I havent been here in months and I guess I had an overdose of NCHR so everything you wrote the past 2-3 weeks came rushing in like one waterfall and I just burst out. Please forgive me!

Like many others have said on the previous 17 pages -- this is not a Satmar Shabbos tish. It's a mixed-chasidish family from Pomona's shabbos tish. Different strokes for different folks. You and I wouldn't attend a shabbos tish with intermingling couples. Your husband and my husband would wear their shtrimels at the seudah. (Mine does it take off in the country bc he's farshvitzt and I get annoyed, but hello, I'm not his mother or his mashgiach.) But -- other people live other lives. And there's no need to be judgmental. Not every single thing needs a comment. Remember that you live a certain very oopgehitena life that even a lot of KJ / Satmar families don't. It's beautiful and wonderful. but other people are allowed to be more lenient.

As for the domestic help kissing babies -- hello, when you hire an aide, you want them to show warmth and affection to the babies theyre in charge of. If you've hired a helper, then the helper has to be allowed to interact humanly with the babies. So, you would never hire a non-Jewish helper with your kids. Even if you had triplets. that's your standard. Other people, other standards... As others have said, perhaps in your house, kissing between parents and children are not a regular occurrence, and it's more of formal thing (like you said, kissing on the hand only), so it feels extrmely bizarre to you.

My point to you was, that what looks bizarre or disgusting to you, is very normal in many, many, many circles. And there is really no need to comment on every thing that you read or see that is not the way you do it. I'm saying this in the nicest way possible and I'm so sorry if it comes across hurtful.I don't want to pick on you or single you out, but the anger in me was building more and more as I read across the pages and I just had to speak up.

Love you! (if you don't find virtual love from a chasidishe heimishe stranger lady on imamother gross Very Happy)

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 11:09 pm
Zehava wrote:
Mama bear as you mentioned you just hopped onto imamother today. If someone posts under their username I suggest you get some more background before jumping down their throat.

Um.... background on what? I read the whole thread. And a lot of other threads. I know a lot of the backround. I dont know what background youre suggesting that I'm missing. I'm so sorry I appeared to jump down NCHR's throat. I can delete my comment, I just had to get it out bc I was starting to lose it.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 11:11 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
I think you are being too harsh. I would feel very attacked and hurt if you would be addressing me.

Oh my. I feel really really bad. That was impulsive of me. I will go back and delete it since I already made my voice heard. Please delete where you quoted me.

I'm really sorry NCHR. I didn't mean to jump on you like that.

I'm crawling right back to whatsapp.... I came here bc another user PM'ed me saying I was missed around here. I shouldn't have come. Waste of my time, and raises my blood pressure. Oy.

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 11:14 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Oh my. I feel really really bad. That was impulsive of me. I will go back and delete it since I already made my voice heard. Please delete where you quoted me.

I'm really sorry NCHR. I didn't mean to jump on you like that.

I'm crawling right back to whatsapp.... I came here bc another user PM'ed me saying I was missed around here. I shouldn't have come. Waste of my time, and raises my blood pressure. Oy.

I deleted it.
Page 17 of 19   Previous  1  2  3 16 17  18  19  Next Recent Topics