Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Shloime Zionce and Peter Santanello series on Chassidim
  Previous  1  2  3 17  18  19  Next

nchr

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 11:16 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Oh my. I feel really really bad. That was impulsive of me. I will go back and delete it since I already made my voice heard. Please delete where you quoted me.

I'm really sorry NCHR. I didn't mean to jump on you like that.

I'm crawling right back to whatsapp.... I came here bc another user PM'ed me saying I was missed around here. I shouldn't have come. Waste of my time, and raises my blood pressure. Oy.

Mama Bear! Please lower your blood pressure. It's totally fine. I'm so sorry. And yes people here like your posts. I appreciate the misser drusha I got, really. I can hear a different opinion. I'm being honest here. It's fine. I'll be more careful to either be quiet or include disclaimers in the future or consider the audience.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 11:22 pm
Mechaya! Riggela Riggela Roigez, done with the broigez. Gotta run and put the fish into a container. Gnight & Gshabbos!

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 11:43 pm
Aaaah! This is the way chassidim get into Shabbos - with shalom!!

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:25 am
I have a question..
How are some of you who are so Chassidish in every way.. husbands who don't take off their shtreimel throughout the seuda.. and if does it bothers you eat separate men and women by a shabbos seuda.. etc. Etc.. how are on here?? How do you have internet?? Whatsapp? Smartphone? I'm not chapping.....
Asked by a very chassidish boro parker..

Zehava

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:30 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
I have a question..
How are some of you who are so Chassidish in every way.. husbands who don't take off their shtreimel throughout the seuda.. and if does it bothers you eat separate men and women by a shabbos seuda.. etc. Etc.. how are on here?? How do you have internet?? Whatsapp? Smartphone? I'm not chapping.....
Asked by a very chassidish boro parker..

How are you on here very chassidish boro Parker?

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:42 am
Zehava wrote:
How are you on here very chassidish boro Parker?

I'm not ranting and raving about everything that was done so wrong... im not holier than thou..
I kiss my children b"h.. I sit to the side of my husband by the shabbos table... etc. Etc.

Zehava

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:57 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
I'm not ranting and raving about everything that was done so wrong... im not holier than thou..
I kiss my children b"h.. I sit to the side of my husband by the shabbos table... etc. Etc.

Yeah and
Not kissing your children has nothing to do with religion of any kind

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:11 am
You guys, behave!!!! This arguing is beyond silly. Just stop! This post was supposed to inspirational

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 6:15 am
Mama Bear wrote:
Um.... background on what? I read the whole thread. And a lot of other threads. I know a lot of the backround. I dont know what background youre suggesting that I'm missing. I'm so sorry I appeared to jump down NCHR's throat. I can delete my comment, I just had to get it out bc I was starting to lose it.

I try to be as open minded as possible, but sometimes I have to block certain posters for my own sanity's sake.

It's called self care, and it's OK. It makes my experience here much more pleasant.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 9:16 am
Shterny wrote:
My dear Jewish, Chassidish, Heimish, Orthodox, frum sisters שתח'י

2) Our housekeeper kissing my babies. 

We bh have 2 babies under 2 (amongst bh quite a few other children) 

We are so blessed to have a housekeeper who absolutely adores our children. She cares for them as her own. I know that when I need to be out of our home, they are in the best hands. She has so much respect for us and our yiddishkeit. Why would I stop her from kissing my children? She is Hashems creation, she is human.  And I would not be able to do any of the kllal work that I do with out her. 

I hope this provides some clarity.

Welcome Shterny! I've only been following this peripherally so I don't know exactly what the housekeeper kissing your babies thing was about. But this reminds me of a very nice Mother's Day article in a May Oprah a few years ago profiling a woman with 9 kids. Probably Catholic, definitely privileged - both she and her husband were professionals able to support a lovely lifestyle - and as I read the article, I only farginned. Everyone with 9 kids (even fewer) should be able to have a home and support in their lives that enable everything to run smoothly.

I'm really glad you do, and that your housekeeper must be a real part of your family. And hearing that this is a blended family, I'm especially happy that you can have the gashmiyus for your family to run smoothly.

Wishing you much nachas!

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 9:56 am
Mama Bear wrote:
Mechaya! Riggela Riggela Roigez, done with the broigez. Gotta run and put the fish into a container. Gnight & Gshabbos!

I love this! I hope I remember it at the appropriate time.

amother
Green

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 2:38 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Yup! Those are my shabbos tables pre covid. When we were in Williamsburg I couldn’t stand the stiffness and the seriousness. :/ it shook me up the first time!
Because my Shabbos sheva brachos and my Shabbos Kallah AND all my previous shabboses as a guest at 3 or 5 homes were filled with laughter and song and peace but most of all Torah. The man of the house would speak Torah and invite someone or 2 to share a dvar Torah.
After our sheva brachos that shabbos was really formal. Nobody smiled. It was all serious and solemn and I don’t know! I felt uncomfortable but over time I learnt some people are like that they’re not so relaxed and open to conversation and laughter and peace of the shabbos Queen.
That kinda played a part in us moving out lol. Willi was too serious for us.
That’s why we don’t go there at all. My husband sees how much I badly wanna talk but can’t because “not tznius”
We want our home to be a Torah filled relaxed place with song laughter peace and joy.

Good for those who thrive in such a rigid environment but for those who are not comfy with a rigid environment well good for you for doing you!!!

Sorry but this is judgemental too 🙈
Most young families in Williamsburg do not have rigid, stiff, serious shabbos meals.
I hope you found your happy meal though elsewhere

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 2:42 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Sorry but this is judgemental too 🙈
Most young families in Williamsburg do not have rigid, stiff, serious shabbos meals.
I hope you found your happy meal though elsewhere

Agree. Most Williamsburg families are warm,caring,loving and host strangers when asked to

odchai

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 4:49 pm
Wow I'm so impressed that Shterny made the effort and took the time to respond on this thread!! And I think it's the most beautiful thing the housekeeper loves the children she takes care of! Even if she gets paid to do it! What a relief to a busy mother who knows her children are being loved by a caretaker when she can't be there.

Mama Bear

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 6:49 pm
For the sake of clarify I want to mention that the reason I came down so hard on NCHR was bc I was convinced she was also a certain amother. I was choshed biksheirim.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 8:57 pm
So funny how this saying is so true:
The word FRUM is basically U in the perfect middle, everyone to the right of you is F-anatically R-eligious and everyone to the left of you is M-odern.
I am Chassidish, my husband has the full Chassidish garb and we proudly lead a Chassidish life and Torahdik home. My husband learns half a day and my kids are in chassidish mosdos. To me, people in Let's say Williamsburg with white tichel and only Yiddish speaking were considered more farfrumt. Yet to them I would be considered more modern.
To me I'm typical chassidish. So is my family in BP and Monsey. But reading the comments on here from some posters in more strict chassidish communities made me realize that we all have our own gauges and perspective and it was pretty interesting.
At the end of the day, we are all hashem's children and as long as we love and respect one another, it's ok to get our own view of things.
Thanks Shterny for the beautiful video and the many beautiful lessons this brought about.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 10:15 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Where I live, all chassidish moisdos require mothers sending there to dress a certain way. Maybe 1% of fathers shave or trim their beards. And I think that's an exaggeration too... Literally not a single chassidish schools allow mothers to wear black tights or long wigs. They discourage eye make up. Nail polish is a complete no no.

I don't know of any typical chassidish families who go to uman. It's usually the untypical unique people. Good people, but also not your average chassidish person.

Chassidim focus a lot on gender segregation. In fact, many chassidim have hardly any contact with the other gender never mind sitting all together like they did.

The shabbos meal portrayed was absolutely beautiful. That being said, it's not very accurate to say that these people are your average chassidish family. They aren't even trying to be so it's not an insult.

Didn't finish reading the thread and didn't get to watch the YouTube videos, but couldn't let this comment go by without replying. Don't know where you live, but my children are in regular mainstream chassidish schools in BP and I know of plenty of women- myself included- who wear black tights and eye makeup.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 9:14 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Agree. Most Williamsburg families are warm,caring,loving and host strangers when asked to

I'm an oot litvish woman who would travel to the east coast to visit an ailing relative ever 2 months or so and usually caught the heimishe bus in Williamsburg. With my slinky or other long skirt and suitcase I wasn't a local.
Thanks again, because I said this already, to the lovely family that has a chair chained to their stoop. I used it while waiting. And thanks again to all the people who asked if I need to use their bathroom or could use anything.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 9:18 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:

https://themoth.org/radio-hour.....-seem

Listen to Jean le Bec Smile

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 10:29 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Shterny and her husband are amazing people in their own right.... There was a beautiful article all about the organisation she started called My Extended Family in the Ami magazine a couple of weeks ago....
The house this Shabbos episode was filmed in is their family home, she comes from a Lubavitch family (hence the picture of the Rebbe) and her husband Klausenberg/Breslov. I imagine Shloime Zionce and his wife were invited as guests, together with Peter, and I imagine the other people round the table too......
I was emotional watching this episode, it looked so warm and inviting and fun, and the kids were just being kids, being allowed to let off steam and have fun playing with their friends/cousins....

Can someone post a pic of the Ami article?
Page 18 of 19   Previous  1  2  3 17  18  19  Next Recent Topics