Home

Crowd pleasing chicken for Shabbos

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


cbg




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:18 am
Other than duck sauce chicken
Looking for both sweet and savory
Nothing with too many steps or complicated
Also not tons or very expensive ingredients
Back to top

cuffs




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:21 am
Everyone loves this from baby to grandparents.
Slice an onion place on the bottom of the pan, place chicken thighs with skin on, on top.
Spice the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika
In a small bowl mix together, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup honey, tablespoon of mustard
Mix. Pour over chicken
Bake chicken covered tightly for 2-3 hours
Yum!
Back to top

EsG




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:27 am
Use chicken legs/ thighs. Take chicken skin off. Fry up 1 or 2 onions in olive oil. Mix in 1 cup of ketchup and a pack of onion soup mix (or half if you want to cut down on salt). Spread on top of chicken. Bake covered for 1-1.5 hrs.

Soft, savory, delicious chicken.
Back to top

PinkFridge




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:35 am
I don't do sweet chicken but it does have a sweetness to it.
Saute a Tbsp. of mustard seed in a little oil till they start to pop. Add one to two large onions, sliced, saute till slightly soft. Add maybe 1/4 c. dry white wine and simmer till it reduces. (You can also add mushrooms.) You can also add Trader Joe umami powder.
Drizzle 1 chicken cut up or 4 legs with white wine in pan. Sprinkle salt, umami powder, mustard powder over it. Cover with onions. Bake.
If there's gravy, it's amazing. Save it.
Back to top

cbg




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:42 am
Keep them coming
Back to top

mdogzz




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 11 2021, 11:20 am
Take skin off of chicken bottoms and chicken tops
Cut up zuchini into bug chunks
Add baby carrots, green beans, and an onion

Pour oj and lemon juice on top of everything
Put salt, black pepper, onion powder, and paprika

Cook covered for 2 and a half hours
Back to top

cutestbaby




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 11 2021, 11:26 am
cuffs wrote:
Everyone loves this from baby to grandparents.
Slice an onion place on the bottom of the pan, place chicken thighs with skin on, on top.
Spice the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika
In a small bowl mix together, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup honey, tablespoon of mustard
Mix. Pour over chicken
Bake chicken covered tightly for 2-3 hours
Yum!

This sounds heaven!! What temperature do you bake it at?
Back to top

watergirl




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 11 2021, 11:27 am
My simple roasted chicken gets the most compliments and everyone eats it. Also it's simple - a back to basics recipe. People spend so much time making interesting and unique, the simple is a surprise and people love it.

Lay sliced onions on the bottom of the pan. Put chicken on top, with the skin. Use whatever pieces you like. Generously sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and if you want to be really fancy, add onion soup mix. Drizzle a bit of whatever oil you like over it. Cover and bake and then uncover for the last 30 mins. Simple and delicious and even picky eaters love it.

We forgot about simple... we need to bring it back. Its the best.
Back to top

cbg




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 11 2021, 12:55 pm
watergirl wrote:
My simple roasted chicken gets the most compliments and everyone eats it. Also it's simple - a back to basics recipe. People spend so much time making interesting and unique, the simple is a surprise and people love it.

Lay sliced onions on the bottom of the pan. Put chicken on top, with the skin. Use whatever pieces you like. Generously sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and if you want to be really fancy, add onion soup mix. Drizzle a bit of whatever oil you like over it. Cover and bake and then uncover for the last 30 mins. Simple and delicious and even picky eaters love it.

We forgot about simple... we need to bring it back. Its the best.


This was exactly what I was thinking of doing
Maybe add some potato, sweet potato, carrot
Like a one pan meal type in of thing
There will be other options too
Roast, rice veggies and a big green salad
Back to top

watergirl




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 11 2021, 12:57 pm
cbg wrote:
This was exactly what I was thinking of doing
Maybe add some potato, sweet potato, carrot
Like a one pan meal type in of thing
There will be other options too
Roast, rice and veggies

Just make sure you park the veggies under the chicken. For some reason when I make it all in one pan, the vegetables never cook. I have NO idea why. I have better results when I make the potatos in their own pan.
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 11 2021, 12:59 pm
cbg wrote:
This was exactly what I was thinking of doing
Maybe add some potato, sweet potato, carrot
Like a one pan meal type in of thing
There will be other options too
Roast, rice veggies and a big green salad

If you use a double size 9x13 pan, and lay out everything in one layer with chicken side by side with root vegetables (instead of veggies underneath chicken), the chicken and veggies will roast beautifully without getting soggy.
Back to top

cbg




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Jan 13 2021, 2:04 pm
ra_mom wrote:
If you use a double size 9x13 pan, and lay out everything in one layer with chicken side by side with root vegetables (instead of veggies underneath chicken), the chicken and veggies will roast beautifully without getting soggy.

Thanks for the tip Great advise
Back to top

Tzippy323




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jan 17 2021, 2:07 pm
Easy, fast, and delicious. Start by getting a box of potato latke mix. Make it according to directions, but let it sit a little longer so it thickens up. Stuff some of the mixture under the skin of each piece of chicken. Make a mix of olive oil, paprika, black pepper, sage, and thyme. Shmear gently on the top of each piece. Cover very tightly. Bake for 2 hours at 375 degrees.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Is broiler chicken healthy
by amother
0 Wed, Jan 20 2021, 10:29 pm View last post
Catskills bungalow colony young crowd
by amother
6 Tue, Jan 19 2021, 4:31 pm View last post
Pls recommend nice flatware set for Shabbos!
by amother
19 Mon, Jan 18 2021, 12:59 pm View last post
Shabbos erev pesach
by amother
38 Sun, Jan 17 2021, 6:33 pm View last post
How to keep chicken crispy on blech?
by jflower
4 Sun, Jan 17 2021, 3:19 pm View last post