Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Don't let it take you by surprise
1  2  3  4  5  Next

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 2:45 pm
It's time to start planning, eating up the chometz, shopping for clothing and non perishable items, booking dentist appointments for kids returning from Yeshiva and seminary, arranging cleaning help, buying travel tickets, etc.
It dawned on me while shopping at Bingo just now.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 2:47 pm
southernbubby wrote:
It's time to start planning, eating up the chometz, shopping for clothing and non perishable items, booking dentist appointments for kids returning from Yeshiva and seminary, arranging cleaning help, buying travel tickets, etc.
It dawned on me while shopping at Bingo just now.

Nooo go away

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 2:48 pm
Can I brag? I did the clothes part.

Started organizing and giving away/ throwing away stuff.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 2:52 pm
No it's not. Not until after Tu b'Shvat.

Jewishmom8

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 2:53 pm
not until after purim!

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 2:54 pm
Who knows where we will even be come pesach time? One of the hardest parts of corona for me was the realization that planning anything more than 5 minutes in advance is a waste of time in today's day and age.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 2:54 pm
Sorry, I am definitely not thinking about ANYTHING Pesach until after Purim.

bernadette

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 2:56 pm
I hope to lose some baby weight till pesach.
Children’s clothing I’ve been looking at as there are sales around.

iyar

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 2:57 pm
I'm not sure it's even legal to discuss Pesach before Rosh Chodesh Shvat. At least one ima here is a lawyer. Please advise.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 2:58 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Nooo go away

Have you heard there’s a pandemic?

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 3:01 pm
iyar wrote:
I'm not sure it's even legal to discuss Pesach before Rosh Chodesh Shvat. At least one ima here is a lawyer. Please advise.

Yes. It says in chapter 21 pages 334-336 that it’s illegal to say the P word before the other P word is over.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 3:42 pm
I realize that this is a very difficult subject but every erev Pesach, posters on here are frantically trying to find a sheital macher or can't get an appointment for a Mani/pedi. Don't let it happen to you.

rainbow dash

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 3:47 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Can I brag? I did the clothes part.

Started organizing and giving away/ throwing away stuff.

I did and finished the master bedroom and told all the kids no more eating in the back. I dont have a cleaner cause of covid

Elfrida

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 4:24 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I realize that this is a very difficult subject but every erev Pesach, posters on here are frantically trying to find a sheital macher or can't get an appointment for a Mani/pedi. Don't let it happen to you.

I think last year everyone learnt that it is possible to make Pesach without having a mani/pedi. And even without having your sheital done.

The threads last year focused on gloves rather than manicure. Even living with corona we won't be back to the panic we were living in last Pesach. It would be nice to think that we had learned something about what was truly important.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 4:29 pm
We don’t know what will be allowed and not allowed in terms of traveling and hosting. It makes a big difference in planning ahead.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 5:50 pm
I bought a food processor for pesach already!
Last year I borrowed one. I'm thinking in advance more this year than other years because of covid and the unknown. We're in a strict lockdown at the moment so who knows what will be Sad

dankbar

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 6:03 pm
I sorted all the mixed up bits of toys, game pieces, legos etc. Threw away the broken stuff. Does that count?

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 6:07 pm
dankbar wrote:
I sorted all the mixed up bits of toys, game pieces, legos etc. Threw away the broken stuff. Does that count?

Yes!

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 6:18 pm
dankbar wrote:

Definitely! I started to sort out cupboards too. I'm in isolation anyway so now we're one step closer yay. Either way they needed organising Smile

I'm also getting my pesach kitchen organised in my garage. I hope to have a sink plumbed in for this year iyh. Last year was a last minute make shift thing and I used the outdoor tap! I washed up my dishes in the bath lol. It was annoying but so good to cook in advance.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 6:19 pm
O gosh!
please dont get people nervous.
What IS the point of this thread?!

We are in lockdown, day to day is hard enough, pls dont get people worried. Scratching Head
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics