Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Post partum meals

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 1:16 pm
Hi,

My best friend can gets a baby any moment. I'm thinking to make her a bunch of food. Not sure though what she wants.
If you are in lockdown, with a toddler and a 6-year-old what would you like to eat?

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 1:28 pm
Everyone has different likes and food preferences as well as freezer storage, so the best thing to do is ask her and find out what she would like.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 1:36 pm
I just had a baby and I'm craving a yummy wholesome healthy salad and hearty soup. For lunch I would love a piece of salmon to go with the salad.

Just my personal craving at the moment Smile

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 1:48 pm
For the freezer
Meatballs with sauce on the side
Schnitzel with a Bag of French fries and frozen corn on the cob
Soups
Lasagna meat or dairy

I love freshly made chicken and rice casserole
With a nice green salad on the side

Shake n Bake chicken with mash potato, corn on the cob, creamy coleslaw

Falafel, Israeli salad, pita, tehina, served with some soup

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 4:02 pm
BH I got 5 weeks of meals when I had my baby (my community is very generous and I will say my husband devotes a tremendous amount of time to running the shul BH). I will say I got chicken drumsticks or thighs with zucchini and rice or potatoes at least 4x a week Smile which is always what I’ve made for other people!! Too funny.

Out of around 30 meals, we got milchigs or pareve I think 3x- two were Mac and cheese, and one was salmon with salad and soup.

I will say we were incredibly grateful and enjoyed it all but it would have been great to have some lighter and healthier food like fish and salads and soups a few more times. But I was so beyond thankful so I’m sure anything you make will be delicious!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics