Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What to do with 6 cans mushrooms
Previous  1  2

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:12 am
Chicken in mushroom sauce.
Coat cut pcs of chicken cutlets with corn starch. Brown in a little bit of oil. Add canned mushrooms.Add mushroom soup mix if you have. Salt, pepper, garlic and 1Tbsp of soy sauce. (If sauce is not thick enough dilute corn starch in cold water and bring to a boil again. )
Serve with rice or farfel.

tweety1

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:14 am
Wow. Tnx so much for the suggestions. I'll probably stick to something that seafoam posted or a soup. Maybe both

zaq

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:26 am
Mushroom barley soup, of course.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:53 am
Ew, I can't stand canned mushrooms. I'd donate them to someone who likes them, or to a food bank.

If you like them, I guess you could chop them up really find and blend them into rice, along with some onion soup mix.

Now, can anyone tell me what to do with 6 cans of sardines? I got them in my emergency Covid food packages, and I don't have a clue what to do with them.

If I don't find a good recipe, I'll probably donate them after the seger is lifted.

Elfrida

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:55 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Ew, I can't stand canned mushrooms. I'd donate them to someone who likes them, or to a food bank.

If you like them, I guess you could chop them up really find and blend them into rice, along with some onion soup mix.

Now, can anyone tell me what to do with 6 cans of sardines? I got them in my emergency Covid food packages, and I don't have a clue what to do with them.

If I don't find a good recipe, I'll probably donate them after the seger is lifted.

Ask your cats, and they'll have a very good idea about who should be eating them...

Tzippy323

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:16 am
1). Make a mix of sautéed mushrooms and onions and mix them into mashed potatoes.

2). Make a mushroom dip for Shabbos. Chop the mushrooms, put
parsley, a small onion, 2 or 3 scallions, and blitz in the food processor. Add mayonnaise, salt, and mix everything together.

3) . Make a mushroom stuffing. Take your stale challah and cube it up. Melt 2 sticks of margarine. Throw in the challah and gently stir over low heat. Add mushrooms, fresh parsley, sage, thyme, salt and pepper. You can either bake this in a pan to serve as a side dish, or you can stuff it under the skin Of chicken parts or into the cavity of a whole chicken or turkey.

4). Take a container of sour cream, add a can of mushrooms, a well chopped onion, some chopped peppers, and mix together. Serve with everything flatbread.

5). Do you have an instant pot? Place some olive oil in the bottom of the insert, add chopped onions, fresh parsley, chopped fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, and chopped peppers. Sauté for 4 minutes. Add 4 large diced potatoes, some beef stew meat, put on the top and pressure cook for 8 minutes.

Make the most of those mushrooms, and enjoy!

Tzippy323

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:20 am
Sardines...I have only one recipe. When I was growing up my mother made this all the time because if was fast and easy.

Cook 1 bag of elbow macaroni. Chop up two cans of sardines and toss them with the drained pasta. Chop up three cucumbers and toss those in. Take 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon of mustard. Mix together well. Pour over macaroni and mix. Refrigerate for 2 hours and serv cold.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:53 am
Mushroom turnovers
Mushroom blintzes
Or sauté and mix with mash potatoes or rice.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 10:55 am
tweety1 wrote:
I was thinking mushroom barley soup cuz I love it. But can I make it with canned mushrooms? I always use only fresh.

I use fresh, but since the mushrooms wind up cooked, it should not affect the flavor much to use canned.

I've also used them in mushroom farfel without a problem.

I'd bet they'd also work in omelets.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:04 am
Tzippy323 wrote:
Sardines...I have only one recipe. When I was growing up my mother made this all the time because if was fast and easy.

Cook 1 bag of elbow macaroni. Chop up two cans of sardines and toss them with the drained pasta. Chop up three cucumbers and toss those in. Take 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon of mustard. Mix together well. Pour over macaroni and mix. Refrigerate for 2 hours and serv cold.

Do you drain the oil out of the sardines first?

I might try this. I like tuna in pasta salad, and I like things that are really salty.

I know that sardines are super good for you. Tons of healthy Omega 3 fats, calcium from the bones, low calorie, high protein, and zero carbs.

Roots

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:11 am
u can make easy mushroom borekas
buy a pack of בצק עלים I think its called flakey dough?
make the mushroom mixture: grate 2 onions, drain a bit, add a can of mushrooms S&P mix
open the dough, (roll out a drop if u want) put a tbsp approx on each square and close to make a triangle
egg wash and sesame seeds
easy and yum

Roots

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:13 am
u can save a can for shabbos and make meat with mushrooms

or u can make a great addition to chummus
saute an ionion cut into 1/2 rings
add the mushrooms (drained)
saute a bit
add S&P cumin and turmeric
shut off the flame

take the hummous dip, plate nicely- leaving the middle flatter and put a nice handfull of mushrooms in the middle
serve with crackers or challa on shabbat

cbsp

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 11:31 am
From here :

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....38163

Mushroom Salad
necessity is the Mother of invention

3/4 cup oil, less is OK too
1/2 cup vinegar, any kind
1/4 cup water
2 tsp salt
2 tsp garlic powder
pepper to aste
1/4 cup sugar

Boil in small to medium pot thenlet simmer for about 5 minutes.
Slice box of mushrooms and add.
Let simmer another 3 minutes.
Add a shake of Italian seasoning.

Let chill and serve cold.

I use 2 boxes of mushrooms and add a can of baby corn & pepper (same amt of dressing, it makes a lot)

I've made the above recipe using 2 cans rinsed and well drained mushrooms.

shmosmom

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:56 am
mom! wrote:
Please post recipe!

Here you go:
Cream of Mushroom with Chicken strips

1 lb chicken breast cut in strip
1 large onion
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup flour
6 C chicken broth (or 4 C water, 1/4 c chicken soup mix)
16 Oz mushrooms
Salt
Dash of white pepper

Saute onions in oil until translucent. Add flour and mix well.
Add chicken soup & mushrooms, and cook for 1.5 hours. Blend. Add chicken strips and cook one
more hour.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics