Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Tell me about your diy kiddush
Previous  1  2

Chickensoupprof

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 7:15 am
One tray of cake
1 cup oil
1 cup water
2,5 cup flour
1 cup sugar
baking powder
4 eggs

I yesterday doubled this recipe up so my friend has cake when she gives birth. You can add everything you want, coca, chocolate chips, blue berreis etc.

For drinks, get a bag of frozen fruit like blueberries, strawberries and raspberries, get sugar free soy yoghurt and blend.

Get a frozen fruit baggs, mango, pine-apple and passion fruit, get sugar free soy yoghurt and blend.

Get frozen avocados, one big bag of spinach, mango and orange juice and blend.

You can put everything in a big tub the day before and serve it at the simcha.

Mazal tov!

dankbar

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 11:08 am
I was by a shabbos girl kiddush at home. Everything was pink & white. All cookies, cakes, miniatures, napkins etc had baby's name imprinted on it or initial printed or formed into.

dankbar

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 11:16 am
The trend now is one type of pastry in different forms/flavors.

Let's say oblong tarts....choco, pecan, fruit, custard, marshmallow, smore's etc lined up.

Logs.......choco babka, cinnamon babka, pound cake, marble with drizzled on chocos swirls, nuts, struessel, choco chips on top....lined up.

Hills.....made of mini muffins ( carrot cheese, choco/cheese etc) .....made of choco/cinnamon buns.......made of mini donut holes.......clustered/piled up & held together with toothpicks skewers or stuck into a standing cone foam.
Drizzled choco swirls over entire thing so looks like one unit. Lined up few different type.
Looks like mountain or pine tree.

Choco truffle logs....with different fillings like rice crispies, nuts, coconut etc or made with peanut chew or halva....etc. different flavor logs, same shape form.

Last edited by dankbar on Wed, Jan 13 2021, 12:20 pm; edited 4 times in total

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 11:17 am
I think nowadays they're not so much into height, except from the flowers that usually takes center stage.
It's more like rows of miniatures neatly in a square or rectangular formation and 2-3oz clear cups either square or round with cut up fruit. Most things come in clear cups like the cut up fruit, in small dices like kiwi, mango, pomegranate, pineapple, cantaloupe etc.. You can do matching drinks by buying these clear carafes and cheating by buying a green drink and just pouring it in, ditto for the orange and so on.

Babkes are very in now with different toppings and you can have parve cheesecakes or if you're doing dairy it can be dairy. You should preferably find out if people are going to send you some big expensive logs or cakes, like that you know what you have to work with.

Lots of luck, I'm sure it's going to be beautiful.

dankbar

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 11:21 am
Gold leaf platters are in for cookies

dankbar

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 11:25 am
Whatever trays, bowls you use, keep it to one look....like wood, glass, gold, white

banana123

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 5:46 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Please don't expect your friends to do the entire job for you, especially their older kids.
Certainly if people offer, feel free to take up their offer to help out. But their children should not feel obligated to clean up after your simcha-- this is a huge job and is taking advantage. Unless you are paying them.
I would have been extremely resentful as a teen to give up my limited free time to clean up the aftermath of someone else's party.

Rappel is in Israel. Totally different culture.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jan 13 2021, 5:52 pm
banana123 wrote:
Rappel is in Israel. Totally different culture.

True. Kids there have a much shorter school day and a lot more free time.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics