Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Choosing a pediatrician

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:25 pm
How did you choose and do you rely on him/her for everything or research vaccines etc. Yourself?

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:35 pm
I asked around and found out who will work best for my preferences. It's very important to me that the pediatrician and I have a relationship of mutual respect. So that ruled out most of them, unfortunately. Once I got to know the pediatrician I got a sense of how well versed she is in current research. At this point I do trust my pediatrician for everything, mainly since she is so humble that she readily admits when something is beyond her. And she can give intelligent responses to all of my questions and doesn't just *expect* me to trust her.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 9:09 pm
I am a very informed consumer. I trust some drs in some areas, but not others, in other areas. I always do my own research, and tend to use them more as consultants, asking them which tests to run and listening to their opinion on treatment but sometimes doing my own thing. In general, I find allopathic drs excellent at emergency medicine and life threatening issues, but woefully under informed in matters of general health.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics