Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Are we under any obligation to pay a Shaitel Macher?
Previous  1  2

number

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:46 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
A friend of mine had a story, where she was getting a w/s, and went to look at the wigs in the corner. She didn't like anything. went home. Sheitelmacher calls her, and said I got some new pieces, do you want to come and take a look? so she goes, and doesn't like any of it. and that's when she's told she owes her a consulting fee if she doesn't buy one. What do you think of this scenario?

This is the MO.
That’s a great mo, ask someone to come in to look at your merch and then charge them for coming to look at your merch. How can I get in on that business. It sounds like a great way to earn a living.

number

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:48 am
LovesHashem wrote:
If I go to a shoe store that has boxes out for me to try on and I do not take any time and energy from the people working there then my Rav holds that's fine as well. If I may end up purchasing it in the store and I'm not 100% sure I may use a service as well. As long as I'm being honest with myself in that area.
Small shops get very upset when people do that sort of thing. I can understand doing that in a large department store with plenty of traffic. I would never walk into a small shop with the intention of not buying anything. That’s not yashrus.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:51 am
number wrote:
Small shops get very upset when people do that sort of thing. I can understand doing that in a large department store with plenty of traffic. I would never walk into a small shop with the intention of not buying anything. That’s not yashrus.

Sorry. I didn't mean to write informing. I meant asking. It's only allowed if I ask the worker or owner then I have no intention of buying and if can still use their services? I only have asked this is suoerpharm to try on makeup I plan on buying online for 1/3 of the price.

Like I said. My Rav says I can only go in without asking if I'm not sure if I'll buy there or not. If I know for sure or I'm 99 percent sure I will not purchase it there I cannot use their services without asking.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 12:22 pm
number wrote:

But there is also a chance you will see something that you will want to buy.
Stores don’t want you taking employees time but getting ppl into a store is great bec they just buy something.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 10:40 am
Speaking of “consultation fees,” I called some clothing “gemachs” to look for wedding outfits, and not only do they charge a hefty rental fee (more than it would cost to buy new), they also charge a fee just to look around. No thanks!

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 10:46 am
I don’t see anything wrong with going in to a store to try things on when you are looking to buy something. It happens that you just don’t find anything.

If you go specifically to check out an item and then order it online or buy it elsewhere, that’s wrong.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels