Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
S/O how many bras does your preteen have?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 7:56 am
DD changes every day. She said it’s the same thing as wearing an undershirt. At first she had 3. Recently I bought her 2 more because it was hard to keep up with the laundry.
If she goes to sleep away camp, how many will I have to send her with?
They are definitely not as cheap as undershirts!

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:19 am
For camp, the number she needs depends on the laundry schedule. I really would get her enough to have one to wear each day. There's a lot of running around, and it's summer, and she's likely not going to handwash them in the sink.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:21 am

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:21 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
For camp, the number she needs depends on the laundry schedule. I really would get her enough to have one to wear each day. There's a lot of running around, and it's summer, and she's likely not going to handwash them in the sink.

One for each day of camp?? Like 30?!!

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
One for each day of camp?? Like 30?!!

They don’t wash laundry in camp?

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:31 am
Why wouldn’t she change every day? Doesn’t everyone do that? I would really not try to discourage her wanting to smell clean.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:33 am
Around 6. Only sports bras. They're from Calvin Klein and they're really not that expensive.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:39 am
I remember I wanted seven so I could change daily and my mother made a fuss about that. Ugh it's such an awkward stage, just go with what makes her happy and comfortable.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:54 am
I wore sports bra's as a teen and had about 10-12. For camp I'd send at least 10.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:57 am
Not 30. 1 to wear each day. If the laundry gets taken once a week and returned the next day, she needs 7, or maybe 8. If it takes three or four days to get the laundry back, she would need 10 or 11. Make sure there's enough for her to change on Friday for Shabbos.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:05 am
notshanarishona wrote:
Why wouldn’t she change every day? Doesn’t everyone do that? I would really not try to discourage her wanting to smell clean.

Discourage her?? I don’t discourage her at all. I went out and bought her some more. I’m trying to figure out how many she needs.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:01 am
I have a 12 year old. When she was wearing cheap sports bras then I bought her a whole bunch. She wears them 2 days unless she gets particularly sweaty. Now that she wears more expensive bras I bought her 3. The saleswoman at the lingerie store told her to wash them in the shower at camp and air dry them rather than put them in the camp laundry. They held up pretty well except for the one she wore for a color run that never came clean again.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:11 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
I have a 12 year old. When she was wearing cheap sports bras then I bought her a whole bunch. She wears them 2 days unless she gets particularly sweaty. Now that she wears more expensive bras I bought her 3. The saleswoman at the lingerie store told her to wash them in the shower at camp and air dry them rather than put them in the camp laundry. They held up pretty well except for the one she wore for a color run that never came clean again.

My daughter is 13. I can’t imagine her being okay with hanging her bras to air dry in front of everyone. Unless that is something that all the girls do in camp?

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 11:10 am
My daughter wears a 30dd. The bras that look best on her are $50+. I ended up sending her with 5 and telling her to hand wash it.
When she was younger and had sports bras, I sent her with 10.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics