Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Golden Girls Chunky Minestrone Soup

Amarante

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:58 am
I have been cooking from The Golden Girls Cookbook which is a fun cookbook themed around each of the women from that show.

Minestrone soup is one of my favorites and I like to keep in the refrigerator because it is such a good thing for a midafternoon nosh - great way to make sure everyone eats lots of veggies and soup is a wonderful way to control weight healthily because it is low calorie and very satiating.

There is a nice variety of vegetables in this version - but you can improvise although some veggies work better than others in minestrone - winter squash, spinach would not be great.

If you make it with vegetable broth, it is parve. Many vegetable broths are flavorless but you can either make your own (great use of vegetable dribs and drabs) or amp up the flavor of the one you use.

If you don't mind a dairy version, there are versions in which the rind of a Parmesan cheese is added to the broth for additional flavor.

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics