Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Applesauce Cake

Amarante

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 11:09 am
This was a nice version of a classic cake I remember from my childhood. I don't think of it as being a Southern dessert like pecan pie.

You can sub a good plant based butter like Country Crock instead of butter

Applesauce Cake

Excerpt From: Andy Sutton - Southern Dessert Cookbook: Over 500 old Fashioned, Classic & Timeless Desserts

Ingredients

• 1 cup unsalted butter
• 2 cups light brown sugar
• 1 egg
• 3 cups all purpose flour
• 2 tsp. baking soda
• 1/4 tsp. salt
• 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
• 1 tsp. ground cloves
• 2 cups applesauce
• 2 cups raisins
• 1 cup chopped walnuts

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350°. In a mixing bowl, add the butter and brown sugar. Using a mixer on medium speed, beat for 4 minutes. Add the egg and beat for 2 minutes.

2. Add 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and applesauce. Mix until the batter is smooth and combined. In a small bowl, add 1/2 cup all purpose flour, raisins and walnuts. Toss until the raisins and walnuts are coated in the flour. Add the mixture to the batter. Stir until combined.

3. Spray a 10" tube pan with non stick cooking spray. Spoon the batter into the pan. Bake for 1 1/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven. Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and let the cake rest at least 8 hours before serving.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins