Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Dear everyone that works in a hospital

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:23 am
I just got home after surgery. I want to thank you all for what you do. Each and every one of you.

Thank you for what you do.

One thing I won't forget was the recovery room. That's the only time I felt like I was going through hell. Otherwise everyone was so nice and good.

Does it have to be that way? Was it that way only in this hospital or only because of covid?

I'm not accusing anyone. I'm happy to be alive happy to be okay and happy to out of there but I want to know how the situation could be changed- why it was so awful for me there and what could have been better.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:25 am
Most people are having awful experience now at hospitals. All covid precautions are making hospitals even less friendly than usual.

Kumphort

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:28 am
What were the issues you expiriened?

toysrus

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:48 am
I just had traumatic hospital stay, was hospitalised due to covid, when pressing emergency button minimum wait was 45 min, max 4 hour, they are really overworked cos of covid

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:49 am
Refuah shlemah!

elsily

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:53 am
What were the issues in the recovery room, OP?

toysrus

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:54 am
Sorry OP didnt mean to hijack your post, my point was I totally feel with you

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:12 am
The recovery room was hell. I came out of surgery like 9am didn't get to a room till 8pm. Laid there hardly anyone looked at me. I was in agony. I had a nurse by my bed but she didn't talk to me once. They kept talking about taking blood but it didn't happen till hours later. They pricked me so many times so many places to find a vein. My husband couldn't come see me. They didn't find me my glasses and a nurse kept laughing at me. I needed the bathroom and couldn't go in the bed pan I could only go sitting on a chair sorry tmi it was all over the place and nurse kept laughing. At one pt nurse left my bed and my neighbor kept getting all the nurses to her I was in agony after surgery and Noone came to me for hours. I was so thank ful after I got to a room even more thankful after I got to relieve myself.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:15 am
toysrus wrote:
I just had traumatic hospital stay, was hospitalised due to covid, when pressing emergency button minimum wait was 45 min, max 4 hour, they are really overworked cos of covid

You can post too

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:15 am
Hospitals are awful right now. Don’t ask how many times I checked myself out AMA . I was literally in a room with all monitors blaring,
Oxygen in the 70’s, and they took over 20 minutes to come.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:18 am
Only last night when I rang the bell in my room did it take a while to get a nurse. Its okay my husband was there. I'm glad the nurse was nice and they let him stay past visiting hours cuz I was being discharged.
I had a horrible experience with my neigbor in the room too.

elsily

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The recovery room was hell. I came out of surgery like 9am didn't get to a room till 8pm. Laid there hardly anyone looked at me. I was in agony. I had a nurse by my bed but she didn't talk to me once. They kept talking about taking blood but it didn't happen till hours later. They pricked me so many times so many places to find a vein. My husband couldn't come see me. They didn't find me my glasses and a nurse kept laughing at me. I needed the bathroom and couldn't go in the bed pan I could only go sitting on a chair sorry tmi it was all over the place and nurse kept laughing. At one pt nurse left my bed and my neighbor kept getting all the nurses to her I was in agony after surgery and Noone came to me for hours. I was so thank ful after I got to a room even more thankful after I got to relieve myself.

You should contact the hospitals patient satisfaction/experience department. Nurses shouldn’t be laughing at you. I’m sorry you were suffering.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics