Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Is a weber grill worth it?

LO

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 1:32 pm
Hi all! I have not had great luck with grills recently...Most of them rust, which I hear is a Lakewood issue, and my most recent one grew mold on it (really bad, which is weird considering that I only used it a few times). I would like to buy a new one, and am wondering if it's worth it to splurge on a Weber so I don't have to replace it every year or two. I read on their web site that they have a good warranty for rust. Is that true? Would they cover it in Lakewood, since we are officially in a coastal area here?
Please share your experiences, and also LMK what type of maintenance you do on your grill to keep it rust-free. The Weber web site says to clean it weekly, but I don't imagine most people do that....

Thanks!

estreya

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 1:52 pm
We have a Weber and it's great. The current one is at least 4 years old and fine. We live in Canada where it is outside and we have snow. We even use it in winter -- we keep it covered against the elements all year long.

As long is it's covered, it stays nice. They can be expensive but worth it IMO.

LO

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 1:55 pm
How often do you clean it and how?

estreya

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 2:11 pm
LO wrote:
How often do you clean it and how?

We clean the grills after every use (put heat to max and close lid for about 5 min to burn off residue and then use heavy duty wire bbq brush to scrape off anything -- you need to do this to prevent build up).

About 2x year, I take grills out and easy-off them outside in backyard.

As it is a bbq, there will be build up eventually from the fats and grease from meats.

Important is to buy the bbq cover they make and keep it covered when not in use.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 2:14 pm
I have my weber grill for 11 years and still going strong. I am honestly nit great with keeping it covered so it has weathered all kinds of weather. I use it all year round and very often. (Monsey here)

Simple1

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 2:14 pm
Why is rust a Lakewood issue?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen