Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Stores with mask policies enforced?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:29 pm
Know of a langerie shop in monsey that has an enforced mask policy?

Looking for tznius sleepwear/ shabbos robe, so has to be frum shop

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 8:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Know of a langerie shop in monsey that has an enforced mask policy?

Looking for tznius sleepwear/ shabbos robe, so has to be frum shop

Every store has a sign masks required but non are enforcing it much.

amother
White

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:04 pm
Maybe they would give you an after hours private appointment.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:06 pm
Try making a private appointment and requesting the worker or owner wear a mask.

I have done this for open sales in Israel, asking if I can come 30 minutes early since I know they won't limit the people at the sale and it will quickly crowd indoors.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:08 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Try making a private appointment and requesting the worker or owner wear a mask.

I have done this for open sales in Israel, asking if I can come 30 minutes early since I know they won't limit the people at the sale and it will quickly crowd indoors.

I don't think a costumer has a right to ask the owner of a store to wear a mask. She doesn't have to shop there if she doesn't like it.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:19 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I don't think a costumer has a right to ask the owner of a store to wear a mask. She doesn't have to shop there if she doesn't like it.

She certainly has the right to ask respectfully, and the owner has the right to agree if she wants the business or refuse if it's not worth it to her, at which point the customer then has the right to go someplace else that will accommodate her.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:19 pm
If you wear a mask you should be ok.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:21 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
She certainly has the right to ask respectfully, and the owner has the right to agree if she wants the business or refuse if it's not worth it to her, at which point the customer then has the right to go someplace else that will accommodate her.

Is she paying extra for after hours? It costs more to hold a worker and they work very hard throughout the day that have after hours for a kallah that buys thousands of dollars worth

SixOfWands

amother [ Mauve ] wrote:

I believe that NY State has a mask mandate, so she certainly has the right to ask that the owner obey the law.

But she need not be obnoxious. OP, just call, tell them that you're shopping for a robe and pajamas, but need to ensure that everyone is wearing masks when you're there, when would be a good time to come in. If its a problem, call the next store. Someone will want your money.

LovesHashem

amother [ Mauve ] wrote:

The owner of the store can also reply "I'm not comfortable wearing a mask".

If I make a private appointment I always ask on the phone if the owner or worker is willing to wear a mask. I ask this when I make the appointment. If they would say no I wouldn't go.

As a customer I think you can request certain services. A service provider can refuse to offer those services.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:24 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
Is she paying extra for after hours? It costs more to hold a worker and they work very hard throughout the day that have after hours for a kallah that buys thousands of dollars worth

Every lingerie shop where I live offers appointment only. Lots of people like to book privately.

If the owner doesn't do private appointment she will inform you she doesn't offer that service.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:25 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Every lingerie shop where I live offers appointment only. Lots of people like to book privately.

If the owner doesn't do private appointment she will inform you she doesn't offer that service.

This is a walk in store with official hours

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:26 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Someone will want your money.

This. I've been places where I know the owner doesn't usually wear a mask. But when it comes to business people don't mind wearing it for a little while. No one has ever said "Nah go take your money elsewhere".

Money talks I guess. But if someone would of refused I would just go elsewhere.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:27 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
This. I've been places where I know the owner doesn't usually wear a mask. But when it comes to business people don't mind wearing it for a little while. No one has ever said "Nah go take your money elsewhere".

Money talks I guess. But if someone would of refused I would just go elsewhere.

There’s really not much of a variety in monsey

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:27 pm
This is a walk in store with official hours

OP doesn't specify a store. Most stores where I live have private appointments and walk in hours.

Is it so wrong to call and ask if the store offers private appointments? If they don't they will tell you.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:29 pm
There’s really not much of a variety in monsey

Really? Isn't Monsey filled without thousands of Jews? There only two stores or something you are positive don't offer appointments for any reason ever?

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:33 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Really? Isn't Monsey filled without thousands of Jews? There only two stores or something you are positive don't offer appointments for any reason ever?

There are 2 lingerie stores on monsey total

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:36 pm
LovesHashem wrote:

There are 4/5 stores in Monsey that sell lingerie. The one's that offer a private appointment is only for a kallah.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:37 pm
There are 2 lingerie stores on monsey total

There's 5 I know of.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:38 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
There's 5 I know of.

Which 5??