Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Stores with mask policies enforced?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
White

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:39 pm
I called one of the Jewish shoe stores and asked about mask compliance and they offered me an after hours appointment. Give them a call. It can’t hurt

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:43 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
Which 5??

Lingerie
Robe gallery
Le plume but they only offer fancy
Prim but they don’t do real fittings and no pajamas
Fashion fit is in new square

Who else?
But real lingerie stores only 2!

And you know personally that the two with what OP is looking for never ever do private appointments?

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:45 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
And you know personally that the two with what OP is looking for never ever do private appointments?

I said they do for kallahs.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:46 pm
Which 5??

Lingerie
Robe gallery
Le plume but they only offer fancy
Prim but they don’t do real fittings and no pajamas
Fashion fit is in new square

Who else?
But real lingerie stores only 2!

The stores that sell lingerie also sell pj's & robes.
There's no exclusive lingerie shop.

The Lingerie shop
Chic lingerie at Atrium (they're the best fitters)
La Plume, they sell all types & brands, not only fancy
Rabinowitz Robe Gallery
Prim does do fittings but not hard sizes and they sell nightgowns.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:47 pm
LovesHashem wrote:

They only do private appointments for a kallah.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:48 pm

Not for anything else? Not for teens getting a first time fitting and feeling really embaressed? Not for a married woman who doesn't want people she knows seeing her walking into a dressing room with something really sxy?

Not for anyone who asks for it?

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:49 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Not for anything else? Not for teens getting a first time fitting and feeling really embaressed? Not for a married woman who doesn't want people she knows seeing her walking into a dressing room with something really sxy?

No we all shopped there I’ve gone to these store with my teens all was good!!

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:49 pm
LovesHashem wrote:

Nope. It has to pay to do a private appointment. It doesn't pay to give an appointment for someone buying just a couple of things. The frum stores generally don't sell the extremely s-xy stuff, just fancy sets. A teen doesn't need a private appointment. They're in a dressing room and the sales lady brings them things to try on.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:51 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
The stores that sell lingerie also sell pj's & robes.
There's no exclusive lingerie shop.

The Lingerie shop
Chic lingerie at Atrium (they're the best fitters)
La Plume, they sell all types & brands, not only fancy
Rabinowitz Robe Gallery
Prim does do fittings but not hard sizes and they sell nightgowns.

Got it I only shop in one store unlike there quality fit and selection.
Prim I was told not really lingerie etc maybe they upgraded. I forgot about chic lingerie and la plume I guess gotta see for myself and not follow what people said.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:51 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Nope. It has to pay to do a private appointment. It doesn't pay to give an appointment for someone buying just a couple of things. The frum stores generally don't sell the extremely s-xy stuff, just fancy sets.

So maybe OP should travel to Brooklyn or something. (I've never been to NY. I mean whatever is nearby).

It's odd to me because every place in my city offers private. Unless it's a not religious store.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:52 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
So maybe OP should travel to Brooklyn or something. (I've never been to NY. I mean whatever is nearby).

It's odd to me because every place in my city offers private. Unless it's a not religious store.

I don't think any stores in Brooklyn do it either. It only pays to give an appointment for a kallah.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:53 pm
Got it I only shop in one store unlike there quality fit and selection.
Prim I was told not really lingerie etc maybe they upgraded. I forgot about chic lingerie and la plume I guess gotta see for myself and not follow what people said.

Chic fits the best, pays to give them a try.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:56 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I don't think any stores in Brooklyn do it either. It only pays to give an appointment for a kallah.

Things are different in NY I see.

It still doesn't hurt to call and ask. If they don't want to accommodate you they will tell you. It's not possible any of them are being more catious and allowing private because of COVID? What if someone is higher risk?

I thought businesses were really suffering and needed money in NY.... I guess not.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 10:59 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Things are different in NY I see.

It still doesn't hurt to call and ask. If they don't want to accommodate you they will tell you. It's not possible any of them are being more catious and allowing private because of COVID? What if someone is higher risk?

I thought businesses were really suffering and needed money in NY.... I guess not.

By now stores are running as usual. She can try her luck, but I don't think any store would give her a private appointment unless she's going to spend a lot of money. When stores were locked down erev pesach, many stores offered private appointments for $1,000.

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 4:47 am
There’s really not much of a variety in monsey

There are at least 4

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 9:00 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Every store has a sign masks required but non are enforcing it much.

Right!?!
Not interested in having to go to every one to check, so was hoping someone might have a suggestion.

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 9:07 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
By now stores are running as usual. She can try her luck, but I don't think any store would give her a private appointment unless she's going to spend a lot of money. When stores were locked down erev pesach, many stores offered private appointments for $1,000.

There are a lot of nice store owners out there, and some of them are really pleasant about helping out others. If you call them and explain to them that you're in the need of extra precautions, there are those who help you out in their own way. They can open the store a few minutes early for you, or would give you a few minutes after closing time, or some may even bring some options home to you if they live nearby.

OP, there is absolutely nothing to lose by reaching out. Give it a whirl! There are lots of good people out there.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 9:23 am

Are you the owner of the store?

Small businesses have faced unique challenges over the past year, and many are anxious for business. Please don't discourage OP from reaching out to these stores. If they don't want to help her out, I'm certain they can say NO.

And while a private appointment might work, the owner may also tell her that Thursdays at 3 are usually very slow, why doesn't she stop by the because it will be easier to ensure mask compliance at a slow time.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 9:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Know of a langerie shop in monsey that has an enforced mask policy?

Looking for tznius sleepwear/ shabbos robe, so has to be frum shop

OP if you shop in stores out of "main monsey" like in wesley hills, everyone complies with mask wearing. Its not an issue at all.
I think hosiery boutique in the strip by wesley kosher might sell what youre looking for...they have a variety of things. Maybe call and ask...

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 9:33 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
OP if you shop in stores out of "main monsey" like in wesley hills, everyone complies with mask wearing. Its not an issue at all.
I think hosiery boutique in the strip by wesley kosher might sell what youre looking for...they have a variety of things. Maybe call and ask...

LOL LOL sorry, I have too laugh at the untruth of this. The stores there are the same as in main monsey. I was recently at the shoe store, not even the employee's were wearing a mask. Same for the sefarim store. The hosiery store maybe 1-2 employees in mask but customers same as the other stores. It's basically only the groceries and amazing savings that enforce masks.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics