Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
How to get a bundt cake out of the pan

blueberry6

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:15 pm
Okay ladies, I need some expert advice!
I want to make a cake in a bundt pan and I would very much like to not have to scrape the cake off the bottom of the pan afterwards. How do I get it out easily? Do I grease it? Flour it? Grease and flour? Grease only the sides and flour the bottom, or vice versa? Any and all advice is appreciated!!!! Now I just need to hope I don't get a thousand contradicting opinions...

clowny

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:16 pm
Spray plenty of the baking spray with flour.

caffeine99

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:18 pm
I use spray or apply oil with a paper towel, and then add flour. Then over the sink I lightly tap the pan to coat the bit of flour and dump out extra. Keeps from sticking (can also use icing sugar)

ddmom

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:18 pm
Spray more than you think is enough!!! LOL
That's the only way I was able to get it out easily!!!

blueberry6

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:27 pm
Thanks! Lol I just realized there is a thread about this from like 2 months ago...oops LOL
But hey, keep 'em coming! The more the merrier!

ImmaBubby

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:29 pm
Use Baker’s Joy and you’ll never have a problem.

ohmygosh

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:31 pm
I read on a different thread here to spray the Bundt pan with the oil spray that has flour, then put the Bundt pan in the freezer while you make the cake recipe. Then take it out, pour in the cake batter and bake.

So far it's worked amazingly. No more scraping the Bundt pan.

blueberry6

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 9:34 pm
ohmygosh wrote:
I read on a different thread here to spray the Bundt pan with the oil spray that has flour, then put the Bundt pan in the freezer while you make the cake recipe. Then take it out, pour in the cake batter and bake.

So far it's worked amazingly. No more scraping the Bundt pan.

Well that's an interesting one! Gonna have to try it (along with all the other suggestions)!

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 10:49 am
I second a spray like Bakers Joy.
There is a technique I saw in a Cooks' Illustrated cookbook for a chocolate cake: Mix one tablespoon melted marg. with one tablespoon cocoa till pasty and brush the pan. It works well.

Lets_Eat_Pie

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:09 pm
I use Baker's Joy, and it works well.

One thing I've also noticed is that the quality of the bundt pan makes a difference. Nordic Ware pans are great and (with the help of baker's joy) I can usually get a cake out in one piece. I've not had that same luck with other brands of pans. Not sure if it's the weight of the Nordic Ware pans (they're heavier), or the materials, or what.

ImmaBubby

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 2:13 pm
I agreed that Nordic Ware is the best. Most expensive, probably, but watch for sales. They’re worth every penny- with Baker’s Joy.
This happens to be a favorite shower present!

Lets_Eat_Pie

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 2:25 pm
ImmaBubby wrote:
I agreed that Nordic Ware is the best. Most expensive, probably, but watch for sales. They’re worth every penny- with Baker’s Joy.
This happens to be a favorite shower present!

I've also had good luck finding Nordic Ware pans at TJ Maxx and Marshalls - try those kinds of stores if you don't have your heart set on a specific pattern.

Frumme

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 2:45 pm
Along with all of the above advice, also make sure that you flip the cake out 5-15 minutes after removing from the oven. Before 5 min is too early and it has a high probability of breaking, and after 15 min the sugars on the bottom will begin to cool and crystalize (causing sticking), so aim for between.

blueberry6

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 6:59 pm
Just figured I'd post an update here... I didn't have this Bakers Joy that everyone keeps talking about, so instead I sprayed the pan with cooking oil very well, then floured it thoroughly till it was well coated and put it in the freezer till I needed it. I flipped it approximately 10-15 minutes after it came out of the oven, and it came out beautifully! (Of course then the top of the cake, which became the bottom, stuck to the plate that I put it on, so I had a little bit of a hard time taking it off after I glazed it, but at least the top of the cake looked nice! And the plate was so much easier to clean than the bundt pan would have been)
Thanks ladies!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins